While the Cardinals players compete on the field, their generous wives, fiancés, and girlfriends join together to make a difference throughout the St. Louis community. Each year, the Cardinals Wives give back through a variety of fundraisers for area charities. Learn more about their 2019 events below.
Grab Bag Events
Each season, the Cardinals Wives host a number of "Grab Bag" fundraisers. At each game-day event, the ladies sell mystery grab bags to fans for $50. Inside each bag is an autographed baseball from a Cardinals player and a card revealing the mystery signature. All proceeds benefit area non-profits selected by the Cardinals Wives. Grab Bags are available for purchase when gates open until they're sold out. Fans can purchase Grab Bags at Gates 3 and 4, inside Ford Plaza, at the Cardinals Club, Redbird Club and at the Budweiser Terrace.
2019 events are scheduled for:
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 - proceeds benefit and Angels' Arms and Girls in the Know
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 - proceeds benefit Great Circle and KEEN St. Louis
- Angels' Arms provides a house and many resources for foster parents, so they can create a loving home for foster children. The mission of the organization is to keep sibling groups together and find homes for hard to place foster kids, including teens transitioning into adulthood. Through Angels' Arms, foster kids experience what it is like to be part of a happy family and a caring community.
- Girls in the Know is a nonprofit organization that empowers girls to embrace a strong sense of self. Through their Empowerment Workshop Series, they give girls the information they need to be healthy, confident young women, while strengthening the bond between the girl and her trusted adult.
- Great Circle, Missouri's largest provider of behavioral healthcare, restores hope to those in difficult circumstances by providing treatment, education, prevention and support services to children, families and communities throughout Missouri and beyond. Great Circle offers a unique spectrum of specialized care from highly trained professionals that impact the lives of more than 30,000 children and families each year.
- KEEN St. Louis empowers youth with disabilities by providing free, non-competitive one-to-one programs of exercise, fitness and fun, led by volunteer coaches. KEEN's vision is to foster confidence, self-esteem and community inclusion for youth with disabilities, strengthen communities through education of volunteers, and provide families with respite and a supportive network.
Make-A-Wish® Missouri and Kansas
Throughout the year, the Cardinals Wives work closely with Make-A-Wish® Missouri to grant wishes to children in need.
Since 2011, the Wives have raised over $1 Million, which has granted more than 200 life-changing wishes for local kids battling life-threatening medical conditions through their annual fundraising event: Cardinals Wives for Wishes.
In 2017, the Cardinals Wives were named winners of the 2017 Chris Greicus Celebrity Award by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The national award is presented annually to someone in the sports and entertainment community who goes above and beyond in wish-granting and supporting the life-affirming mission of Make-A-Wish.
You can support the Cardinals Wives and Make-A-Wish at two events this season:
- Shop to Benefit Make-A-Wish at The Vault Luxury Resale - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Join the St. Louis Cardinals Wives on Tuesday, April 30 from 6 - 8 p.m. at The Vault Luxury Resale as we shop to benefit local children battling critical illnesses.10% of all proceeds from the evening will be donated to Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas to help create life-changing wishes to local children facing overwhelming odds.
Mix & mingle with the Cardinals Wives, enjoy food & beverages, & shop luxury brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik and more! The Vault is the area's premier luxury resale boutique and has donated over $225,000.00 back to the St. Louis community.
- Cardinals Wives for Wishes - Sunday, June 2, 2019
Batter up - Boogie Down at the 9th annual Cardinals Wives for Wishes event on Sunday, June 2, 2019, at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar. Fans can experience an unforgettable disco-themed evening with the Cardinals Wives and players while truly making an impact on the lives of the children served. With the help of Cardinals fans, the Wives hope to raise enough funds to grant 35 more wishes! Fans can learn more or purchase a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.