There's only one Cardinals baseball, and our team is dedicated to excellence - both on and off the field. Working with us means you're ready to face exciting new challenges in the sports business world with poise, confidence and tenacity. Take the next step and apply TODAY!
College Students & Recent Graduates
The St. Louis Cardinals Internship Program provides participants with an opportunity to learn about the sports industry and Major League Baseball through hands on experience working in the front office.
To access available internships, click on the "Job Openings" button and apply as appropriate. You can sign up for job alerts as well to receive notifications once a new internship opportunity is available. Those candidates that best meet the qualifications of the respective position may be contacted for an interview. Also note the below qualifications required for the internships program before applying. Candidates must meet the qualifications at the time of application. Applications will be accepted for current season openings only.
- Provide eligible students with meaningful projects and assignments that will assist them in making career choices and provide them with valuable work experience.
- Develop individuals for potential future hiring needs.
- Encourage students to consider career options specifically in baseball as well as in the sports and entertainment industry.
To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Must be enrolled in an accredited institution and have an academic status of junior, senior or graduate level
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred
- Successfully pass pre-employment screenings
- Available for the entire term of the internship and is for school credit
Length of Internships
Intern positions last for set periods of time. Examples include:
- Spring Semester: January - April
- Summer Semester: May - August
- Fall Semester: September - December
- Students may complete multiple internship opportunities with the St. Louis Cardinals; however, no student may be an intern for more than one year.
- Interns are not guaranteed full time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
Compensation and Benefits
- Interns will be paid an hourly rate based on current minimum wage standards.
- Work schedules and number of hours will vary based on the internship. Generally, interns are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Interns should not work over 30 hours per week. However, if work is performed in excess of 40 hours in a workweek, overtime pay will be provided in accordance with local, State and Federal laws.
- Interns are not eligible to receive any company sponsored benefits including, but not limited to, Health and Welfare, Pension, Leave, Holiday or Vacation Pay, Relocation, Temporary Housing, etc.
The Direct Sales Representative (DSR) position is designed to help recent graduates, as well as those early in their sports career, to take the next step in professional sports. DSRs are primarily responsible for revenue buy building strong, lasting relationships with our fans. This is an entry level position which provides extensive training that may lead to opportunities to transition to positions in the Ticket Sales Department and other departments within the organization.
- Development - Provide opportunities to grow and develop through 1-on-1 meetings, sales training and additional projects to prepare the DSR for the next step in their career.
- Customer Service - It is our goal to have the highest level of customer service in Major League Baseball by serving our fans and our fellow co-workers.
- Sales - Using the sales techniques taught during training, our goal is for the DSRs to generate incremental revenue through ticket sales. They will do this by building long-lasting relationships with our customers and providing them with results they are looking to see from their seats.
To be considered for a full time DSR position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Completed a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Satisfactorily pass pre-employment screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc). Ticketing system experience preferred
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the sports industry
Length of DSR Program
The DSR Program is a one year program, with a potential option for a second year.
The St. Louis Cardinals reserve the right to extend the length of the program for a DSR as needed.
Work schedule and number of hours will vary from week to week. Generally, DSRs are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. If work is performed in excess of 40 hours in a workweek, overtime pay will be provided in accordance with local, State and Federal laws. DSRs are eligible to receive company sponsored perks & a competitive benefits package.
History & Culture
Millions of Cardinals fans take flight to the stadium every season! The St. Louis Cardinals are one of the most storied franchises in all of baseball. Upon the discontinuation of the American Association Baseball League in 1891, the then St. Louis Browns (not to be confused with the American League St. Louis Browns of 1902-1953) joined the National League of Professional Baseball Clubs, later known simply as the National League in 1892. The Browns played in Sportsman's Park at Grand and Dodier. For a short period of time, they then became known as the Perfectos before officially being named as the St. Louis Cardinals in 1900.
Since joining the National League, the Cardinals have won more than 10,000 games, qualified for the postseason 28 times, and won 3 National League Eastern Division titles, 11 National League Central Division titles, 19 National League pennants and 11 World Series Championships. Cardinals achievements have impacted not only MLB history, but sports history in general with 48 former Cardinals players, managers and executives enshrined in the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. Current key front office players include Principal Owner and CEO, Bill DeWitt, Jr.; President Bill DeWitt III; President of Baseball Operations, John Mozeliak; and Manager, Oliver Marmol.
The Farm System includes the Memphis Redbirds, Springfield Cardinals, Palm Beach Cardinals, Peoria Chiefs, Gulf Coast League Cardinals and Dominican Summer League Cardinals.
Organizational culture is the 'personality' of an organization, comprised of the assumptions, values, norms and behaviors of the organizations' members. An organization's culture does not necessarily involve the everyday work of employees, but is made up of the unique social aspects of the organization and how employees identify with the organization that ultimately has a direct effect on employee lifespan. Here at the St. Louis Cardinals, we strive to create an atmosphere of inclusiveness in order to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. We continuously seek to recognize and reward employees while providing an environment that encourages employees to commit enthusiastically to the organization's goals and values.
Diversity and Inclusion
The St. Louis Cardinals are committed to building an inclusive organization where we not only have a diverse workforce, but a culture where diverse ideas and opinions are shared. In 2018, we introduced employee empowered committees that focus on employee engagement, employee recognition, and diversity and inclusion efforts. These committees help with creating an atmosphere of inclusiveness, positive reinforcement to employee performance and creating working conditions that encourage employees to commit enthusiastically to the organization's goals and values. Inclusion means creating a workplace in which people of all backgrounds and cultures feel included, welcomed and valued. Inclusion involves respecting individual differences and capturing the advantages they provide. We are committed to working in our communities and providing a great experience for our diverse workforce and fan base.
The St. Louis Cardinals partner with a number of local organizations that focus on diversity and inclusion as well as participate in programs through MLB and MiLB that support diverse and inclusive workplaces. The Cardinals are a proud corporate partner of Diversity Awareness Partnership (DAP), a local organization that focuses on diversity, equity and inclusion. Through this corporate partnership the Cardinals have been able to learn from various trainings on unconscious bias and gender identity as well as host Listen.Talk.Learn sessions for the community. Along with this partnership developed the EXPLORE Baseball Youth Career Immersion program where diverse high school students from the surrounding St. Louis community come to learn about possible career opportunities in baseball. This multi-session program teaches students how to best prepare themselves for a career in the baseball industry, and creates a recruitment pipeline as we strive to continue to develop an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are proud participants in multiple community service initiatives that support our immensely diverse fan base. We've partnered with Anheuser-Busch on The Jackie Robinson Jersey Program sponsored by On the Run (Wallis Companies), raising more than $400,000 to support Cardinals Care and the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholar Program that directly impacts the St. Louis area JRF scholars and provision of their college education. Other efforts and events such as the Ted Savage RBI Golf Classic, Pride Theme Night, Fiesta Cardenales Theme Night and Redbird Rookies are just a portion of what the organization does in order to achieve our overall goal to be a more diverse and inclusive organization.
St. Louis Sportservice Job Opportunities
For more than 60 years, Delaware North Sportservice has been teaming up with the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium to provide the passionate Cardinals fans a memorable game-day experience. From its simple beginnings, Delaware North Sportservice Corporation, Inc. (“Sportservice”) has evolved into one of the largest and most successful hospitality companies in the world. Whether it’s the excitement of Opening Day at the ballpark or the glitz and glamour of a full blown gala, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions, gourmet dining, and retail here at Busch Stadium.
St. Louis Sportservice is currently seeking individuals who share our vision of creating special experiences one guest at a time. We have limitless growth potential for people committed to hard work, teamwork and customer service. No matter where you start, Delaware North exposes you to the dynamic systems of an industry leader.
Why Work for Us?
- You will be a part of the Busch Stadium game day experience
- Work with your family and friends - Exciting Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards & Recognition Program
- Free Shift Meal
- Discounts on Cardinals Gear
- Part-Time positions that can accommodate YOUR schedule
- Great Opportunity for 2nd income or “summer” job for students, teachers, and retirees.
Opportunities to Advance
- Develop your leadership skills and be on the fast track for a career in hospitality
- Review our website and apply for one of our available positions by clicking the link below:
St. Louis Sportservice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Review the website and apply for one of the available positions by clicking the button below: