Busch Stadium Firsts
- Groundbreaking - January 17th, 2004
- Grass Installed - March 15, 2006
- Inaugural Game - April 10, 2006
- Opponent - Milwaukee Brewers
- Ceremonial First Pitches - Chris Carpenter and Albert Pujols, to Bob Gibson
- and Willie McGee
- First Pitch - 3:14p.m., ball, Mark Mulder to Brady Clark
- Cardinals Hit - David Eckstein, 2nd inning, 04/10/06
- Cardinals HR - Albert Pujols, 3rd inning, 04/10/06
- The Cardinals were founded in 1882 as an American Association Team called the St. Louis Brown Stockings. In 1883, the team changed its name to the St. Louis Browns.
- In 1892, the team moved to the National League. In 1899, the name was changed to the Perfectos, and in 1900, the team became the St. Louis Cardinals.
- From 1902-1953, an American League Team called the St. Louis Browns also played in St. Louis. In 1954, they moved to Baltimore and became the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 2015 season is the Cardinals 124th season of play in the National League.
- Since joining the National League in 1892, the team has won over 9,600 games, finished in first place 25 times winning 3 National League Eastern Division Titles and 10 National League Central Division Titles, and won 19 National League Pennants and 11 World Series Championships.
- Since the ownership group led by Bill DeWitt Jr. purchased the Cardinals from Anheuser Busch in 1996, the team has posted a 1,683-1,393 record (.547 win pct., 4th-best in majors), and advanced to the postseason 12 times, including 11 of the past 15 seasons. The Cardinals 70 postseason wins since 1996 are 2nd in the majors (NY Yankees, 97). The team has finished in first place ten times, won four NL pennants and two World Series while drawing over 60 million fans.
- The Cardinals have made 27 postseason appearances in franchise history and have drawn more than five million fans to postseason games in St. Louis.
- For the first time in franchise history, the Cardinals have advanced to the postseason in four consecutive seasons (2011-14).
- The Cardinals have advanced to the postseason in five (2009, '11, '12, '13, '14) of their seven seasons under General Manager John Mozeliak.
- The Cardinals have played in 60 playoff games since 2009, the most of any major league team over the past five seasons (Giants at 48, Yankees and Tigers at 38).
- Since 2011, St. Louis has a Major League best 31 postseason wins and played in a Major League-high 57 postseason games.
- In 2011 and in 2013, Baseball America named the Cardinals the Baseball Organization of the Year.
- There are 50 former Cardinal players and managers enshrined in the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in Cooperstown, New York.
Inside Busch Stadium