Crisis Fund Application
The B.A.T. Crisis Fund is designed to provide eligible recipients with financial assistance during an economic crisis, natural disaster (for example, hurricane, flood, earthquake, or any other natural event causing extensive damage or loss of life), or any other event that the Fund Committee of Crisis consider catastrophic.
If approved, recipients will receive financial assistance determined by the Crisis Fund Committee.
CRISIS FUND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicant is eligible for assistance if he or she:
- Has at least one day of Major League service as a player
- Has at least two full seasons of service as a:
- Manager, athletic trainer or coach with a Major League Club
- Player, manager, athletic trainer or coach with a Minor League Club that was a member of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues
- Player on the roster of any recognized Negro Leagues Club
- Major League or Minor League umpire
- Player with a Club which was part of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League
- Part-time clubhouse employee with a Major League Club
- Has been a full-time, benefits-eligible employee for at least two calendar years of:
- Any Major League Club or Minor League Club that was a member of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues
- Major League Baseball (including MLB Advanced Media, MLB Properties or MLB Network) or the National Association
- The MLBPA, provided that Applicant is not currently employed at the MLBPA
- Is a widow, widower or child (23 years of age or younger) of any eligible person
Applicant must submit an application, which includes a description of the emergency need and itemizes expenses requested, household income or other assistance, and the requested dollar amount for the grant. Applicant must identify other resources/support already exhausted in an effort to resolve their crisis situation (i.e., church, family, food pantries and community‐based programs). Additional information or documentation may be requested by the Crisis Fund Committee.
Crisis Funds can be distributed via the following methods as determined by the Crisis Fund Committee:
- Debit Card
- Wire Transfer
- Western Union
Please complete our prescreen survey to be considered for assistance: