The Baseball Assistance Team (B.A.T.) is currently assessing the best ways in which to assist members of the baseball family affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, we will continue to accept applications on a regular basis, but ask for patience as we navigate the complexities of the current situation.
Thank you all for trusting us during this very difficult time, and please stay safe.
The B.A.T. Scholarship Program is designed to award worthy recipients with financial assistance to promote financial self-sufficiency by assisting in the pursuit of needed educational/vocational opportunities related to career growth goals.
If accepted, recipients will be given financial assistance determined by the Scholarship Committee for their desired education. Scholarships shall cover a period no longer than one academic or program year.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be a former Major League or Minor League Player. Applicants must have at least one day of Major League service as a player or at least two full seasons of service as a player with a Minor League club that was a member of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Be applying to an accredited institution or program, to include vocational schools and accredited online programs as deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Recipients are required to comply with all academic and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines and to abide by all governing laws of their school/program.
Applications must include:
- A completed application including a target college, anticipated major and/or courses to be completed, level of education completed to-date and extracurricular activities.
- Proof of family income in the form of income tax returns.
- Two letters of recommendation (e.g., mentor, professor/teacher, employer, former employer, etc.).
Applications may be submitted to the B.A.T. office at any time. Consideration of applications and awards shall be based on the time such funds are needed for the desired program.
PROGRAM RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
- A recipient may seek additional assistance by filing a continued assistance application.
- In connection with a continued assistance application, recipients must provide attendance and academic records for the past award(s) periods.
- No recipient may receive assistance beyond a four-year period unless an exception is made by the Scholarship Committee.