The Baseball Assistance Team (B.A.T.) is currently assessing the best ways in which to assist members of the baseball family affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, we will continue to accept applications on a regular basis, but ask for patience as we navigate the complexities of the current situation.
Thank you all for trusting us during this very difficult time, and please stay safe.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please complete the
The B.A.T. Grant Committee meets the first and third Tuesday of each month to review each grant applicants request.
Grant cases are ONLY reviewed twice a month unless an emergency is deemed by the B.A.T. office.
Documents Requested (if applicable):
- 2020 Income Tax Return
- Most recent pay stub
- 2021 Social Security Benefits Letter
- Unemployment Benefits Letter
- Medical Report/Notes
Any person is eligible for assistance from B.A.T. if he or she:
- Has at least one day of service as an MLB player
- Has at least two years of service with one of the following groups:
- Major League manager, coach or athletic trainer
- Minor League player, manager, coach or athletic trainer
- Negro League player
- MLB or MiLB umpire
- All-American Girls Professional Baseball League player
- MLB or MiLB front office employee
- Part-time clubhouse employee with an MLB club
- Former MLBPA employee
- Is a widow, widower or child, 23 years of age or younger, of any eligible person
Types of Assistance Provided:
Each grant application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Grants may be awarded for needs such as:
A. Addiction recovery treatment
B. Food & household necessities
D. Medical expenses
E. Funeral expenses
F. Health insurance & prescriptions
G. Financial education
H. Career transition & vocational training certifications
Interested in employment opportunities?
- If you are a former player and are looking for employment, please check out the Player Resource Center Employment Page from the MLB Player Programs department, where they list all available opportunities with their external partners, the league office and the 30 Clubs. They also offer workshops, info sessions and/or job fairs. If interested, please fill out this survey.
- If you need additional help, please feel free to contact the Player Programs department directly at [email protected]