What would be the most exciting NL Wild Card Game matchup?
Since the inaugural National League Wild Card Game back in 2012, we've had some pretty memorable showdowns. Who could forget the Andrelton Simmons infield fly situation from that first NL Wild Card Game, the "Cueto! Cueto!" Pirates-Reds game or last year's Archie Bradley triple?
With this year's NL Wild Card Game participants still up in the air, we ranked which matchups would be the most exciting on Oct. 2.
10. Cardinals @ Brewers:
Stay classy, St. Louis. pic.twitter.com/JJga42YXz3— Cut4 (@Cut4) September 5, 2018
9. Nationals @ Cardinals: The Nats appeared to be out of the race for much of the second half, but crazier things have happened than a resurgence. Speaking of crazier things that happened, remember that 2012 NLDS Game 5 between these teams?
8. Pirates @ Dodgers: As long as we're talking about unlikely and thrilling comebacks, why not add the Pirates to this list? We know they're good for an exciting Wild Card Game.
7. Cardinals @ Rockies: First
6. D-backs @ Brewers: If we get this matchup, we'll get to relive
5. D-backs @ Rockies: Last year's 11-8 Wild Card Game between these two teams -- won by the D-backs -- was an entertaining affair that featured a slew of pitchers. A rematch between these squads would almost certainly take place in Colorado, where runs come in buckets and an 18-16 scoreline isn't out of the question.
4. Phillies @ Cubs: The Phillies are playing must-win games the rest of the season, which means they wouldn't be able to rest ace
3. Dodgers @ Cardinals: This matchup always brings great theater.
2. Brewers @ Cubs: Cubs lefty
1. Cardinals @ Cubs: It sounds crazy, but the last time the Cardinals played in a postseason game was Game 4 of the 2015 NLDS when
The thought of MVP candidates
Which matchup would you most want to see? Let us know in the ranker below.