Welcome players and teach them about the Junior Giants philosophy and non-competitive spirit.
COACHES & TEAM PARENTS
At Bat This Week
- Collect your CONFIDENCE Word of the Week pack.
Word of the Week Talk
- Define the word CONFIDENCE: Believing in your own skills and abilities.
- Begin a conversation about confidence by asking the players the following questions:
T-Ball (5-6 years old)
- Have you heard the word "confidence" before? What does it mean?
- Stand up and show us what a confident person would look like on the field.
- When could you show confidence during one of our games or practices?
Minors (7-9 years old)
- Do you know what the word "confidence" means?
- How could you feel more confident about yourself?
- What part of playing baseball/softball do you feel the most confident in (throwing, batting, infield, outfield, etc.)?
Majors (10-13 years old) & Seniors (14-18 years old)
- When was a time that you felt really confident?
- How does confidence help your baseball/softball performance?
- How can we help each other feel more confident?
End of Practice
- Pass out the Confidence Baseball Card to all players and remind them to enter the answer to this week's trivia question on gojrgiants.org as part of the Junior Giants Sweepstakes!
- Pass out the 4 Bases Laces and encourage your players to wear them for the rest of the season.
Items to Track in SIPLAY This Week:
- Confidence Card
- Reading rewards earned