Welcome players and teach them about the Junior Giants philosophy and non-competitive spirit.
COACHES & TEAM PARENTS
At Bat This Week
- Collect your LEADERSHIP Word of the Week pack.
- Have players demonstrate leadership by leading warm-ups and cheering each other on during games and practices.
Word of the Week Talk
- Define the word LEADERSHIP: The ability to guide or direct people.
- Begin a conversation on leadership by discussing the following with players:
T-Ball (5-6 years old)
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- Who are the leaders in your life (parents/guardians, older siblings, other family members, teachers, coaches, etc.)?
- Do you have to be an adult to be a leader?
Minors (7-9 years old)
- Do you know a good leader? Why is he/she a good leader?
- What are some things that good leaders do or say?
- How can you be a leader at school? At home? On the baseball/softball field?
Majors (10-13 years old) & Seniors (14-18 years old)
- 1. What are some qualities of an awesome leader? What are some qualities of a negative leader?
- How do leaders affect the people around them?
- What is one way you can step up as a leader on this team?
End of Practice
- Pass out the Leadership Baseball Card to all players and remind them to enter the answer to this week's trivia question on gojrgiants.org/sweeps as part of the Junior Giants Sweepstakes*!
*For full rules, please visit gojrgiants.org/sweeps.
Items to Track in SIPLAY This Week:
- Leadership Card
- Reading Rewards Earned
On Deck Next Week:
PREVIEW INTEGRITY WEEK AND THE LAST WEEK OF JUNIOR GIANTS BY:
- Asking your players to think about their favorite memory with their team this season to share in a discussion.