Welcome players and teach them about the Junior Giants philosophy and non-competitive spirit.
COACHES & TEAM PARENTS
At Bat This Week
- Collect your INTEGRITY Word of the Week pack.
Word of the Week Talk
- Since this is the final week of Junior Giants, ask each of your players to share their favorite memory from this season.
- Define the word INTEGRITY: Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Begin a conversation about integrity by asking the players the following questions:
T-Ball (5-6 years old)
1. Has anyone heard the word "integrity" before? What do you think it means?
2. How can you show honesty when playing baseball with your teammates?
3. How can you do the right thing when no one is watching when you are at home with your family?
Minors (7-9 years old)
1. What does integrity mean?
2. Players who have integrity always do what is right in any situation, even when no one is watching. Have you ever done the right thing when no one is watching?
3. How can you show integrity if you are playing in a baseball or softball game and the umpire makes a call that benefitted you/your team, but you know it should have gone the other way? Should you tell the umpire/your coach the truth?
Majors (10-13 years old) & Seniors (14-18 years old)
1. How would you explain what integrity is to someone who has never heard of it before?
2. Is having integrity always easy? Can you think of a time when acting with integrity was really hard to do?
3. How can we show integrity on and off the field?
End of Practice
Pass out the Integrity Baseball Card to all players and remind them to enter the answers to this week's trivia questions on gojrgiants.org as part of the Junior Giants Sweepstakes*!
Pass out the bobblehead to your players who earned all of their Junior Giants Baseball Cards (unless your league has another designated time to pass these out, such as an end-of season celebration).
Thank the players and coaches and tell them that you hope to see them next season!
Take a photo of your team with their bobbleheads and post it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #jrgiants. Make sure you check with players' parents before you post a photo of their child.
*For full rules, please visit gojrgiants.org/sweeps.
Items to Track in SIPLAY This Week:
- Integrity Card
- Reading Rewards Earned