Welcome players and teach them about the Junior Giants philosophy and non-competitive spirit.
COACHES & TEAM PARENTS
At Bat This Week
- Collect your TEAMWORK Word of the Week pack.
- CHEER CHALLENGE
Show your Junior Giants spirit! Coaches, take a video of your team chanting the Junior Giants Cheer and upload it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #jrgcheer or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29. Be sure to say your team name and city at the beginning of the video!
Word of the Week Talk
- Define the word TEAMWORK: Working together with a group of people to achieve a goal or complete a task.
- Begin a conversation about teamwork by asking the players the following questions:
T-Ball (5-6 years old)
- What are some other teams you can think of besides the San Francisco Giants?
- What can you do to be a positive teammate on the field?
- Off the field, where can you use teamwork? Think about being at home and school and how working as a team can make jobs easier and faster!
Minors (7-9 years old)
- What is a team?
- What are some team sports besides baseball or softball? What individual sports can you think of?
- How can you use teamwork at home or school?
Majors (10-13 years old) & Seniors (14-18 years old)
- What kind of teams have you been a part of?
- When was a time that you used teamwork to accomplish something great?
- What is one of your best qualities that you can contribute to this team?
End of Practice
- Pass out the Teamwork Baseball Card to all players and remind them to enter the answer to this week's trivia question on gojrgiants.org as part of the Junior Giants Sweepstakes!
Items to Track in SIPLAY This Week:
- Teamwork Card
- Reading Rewards Earned