About the Philadelphia Phillies Urban Youth Academy
We acknowledge that Baseball is truly "America's Game" and participation can help to effectively develop character and is critical for interpersonal development and success. Therefore we will work diligently and positively to develop in the youth we instruct: integrity, respect, accountability, character, self-discipline, personal responsibility and teamwork.
The academy strives to build championship-caliber Major League players and solid major league contributors to society by instructing its youth in all aspects of the game of baseball and in all areas of opportunity that our great game affords including, without limitation, field maintenance and groundskeeping, umpiring, scouting, scorekeeping, athletic sports training, coaching and many other aspects of professional and interpersonal development.
Program curriculum may include but is not limited to:
- Baseball and softball instruction for all levels of youth participation starting at age 7 through high school and college
- Camps and clinics for skill development of youth in the local community
- Camps and clinics offered for the development of coaches, umpires, athletic trainers and scouting theory
- Educational programs developed in cooperation with the local accredited educational facilities to enhance personal development via individual determination
- High-level competitive baseball and softball tournaments to further enhance individual and team skill development
- Organized baseball and softball leagues at appropriate levels to offer the national pastime to different skill levels in the interest of personal growth and skill development
- Host and partner community events to enhance the growth and development of the nation's pastime and create local community involvement