The Chicago White Sox RBI program, in affiliation with Major League Baseball's Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) and the Chicago Park District, is a youth outreach program intended to motivate children in and out of the classroom with fundamentals learned through baseball.
About Chicago White Sox RBI
Youth in the 13-18 age groups of all skill levels have the chance to be in a free and safe environment where they are taught baseball and learn lessons such as teamwork along the way. The program is meant to increase knowledge and participation in both baseball and softball. Since first affiliating with the RBI program in 2008, the White Sox RBI program has grown to feature 360 youth playing on 24 teams.
RBI All-Star Program
The White Sox RBI program offers an all-star experience for players looking for a more competitive opportunity. The White Sox RBI all-star teams are made up of players from the leagues that attend a tryout. There is no fee to play on the team and all expenses are paid by White Sox RBI. You must attend the tryout to be eligible for the team.
The White Sox RBI all-star teams compete in the RBI Central Regional Tournament where the winner qualifies for the RBI World Series. The RBI Central Regional will be hosted by Indy RBI July 20-23, 2018 in Indianapolis, IN and RBI World Series will be hosted by the Minnesota Twins August 5-10, 2018.
The White Sox RBI program will enter two teams in the following divisions in 2019:
- Junior Boys Baseball - 15U (must be born on or after May 1, 2003)
- Senior Boys Baseball - 18U (must be born on or after May 1, 2000)
Check back for tryout dates and information.
RBI All-Star Success
- RBI Central Regional Champions at the junior-division All-Stars level (ages 13-15): 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018
- RBI Central Regional Champions at the senior-division All-Stars level (ages 16-18): 2012 and 2013, 2017, 2018
- The White Sox Junior RBI team won the 2016 Junior Baseball Division, held at the P&G Cincinnati MLB Youth Academy, by defeating Atlanta Metro in a tightly contested game to bring Chicago its first RBI World Series championship title in the tournament's 24-year history. The team celebrated its undefeated six-game tournament run at Guaranteed Rate Field on August 21, when they were surprised with the news that they would receive championship rings for their historic accomplishment in the fall. After this exciting news, most valuable player Lorenz Elion was accompanied to the mound by his teammates for a ceremonial first pitch. The champions also took the field to meet White Sox players at their positions and kicked off the game by announcing "play ball!"
- The White Sox Senior RBI team won the 2018 RBI World Series, held at University of Minnesota's Siebert Field, by defeating Arizona in a tightly-contested 7-4 game, earning the second ever RBI World Series Championship victory for Chicago.
Youth Baseball Clinics
During the spring and summer of 2019, the Chicago White Sox RBI program will offer free youth baseball. Clinics are great to engage the youth ball players in your community!
- The clinics provide quality hands-on instruction for boys and girls ages 13-17
- No registration is required to participate in a clinic
- The White Sox provide safe, youth-friendly, equipment - participants bring their own gloves
There are no dates set for 2019. Please check back later.
Find a League Near You
For more information and opportunities to play RBI in your area, please visit the Chicago Park District's website or call 312-742-PLAY.
3420 N. Long Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
4320 W. 15th St.
Chicago, IL 60623
2936 W. 85th St.
Chicago, IL 60652
1333 N. Laramie Ave.
Chicago, IL 60651
5120 W 44th St.
Chicago, IL 60638
1230 W. Greenleaf Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
1743 W. 73rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655
Russell Square Park
3045 E. 83rd St.
Chicago, IL 60617