The ultimate goal of the Chicago White Sox is to compete for a championship every season. We take great pride in our team's accomplishments on the field, but just as important to the organization are our accomplishments off the field. Since its inception, Chicago White Sox Charities (CWSC) has donated more than $30 million to life-changing causes and non-profit organizations across the city, striving to make Chicago a better place to live, work and play.
CWSC funds the White Sox Community Fund (WSCF), a McCormick Foundation Fund. Through the WCSF, Chicago-based agencies that provide critically important services to our community's underserved and marginalized residents are supported by the Chicago White Sox and the McCormick Foundation. Since its inception, more than $3.5 million in grants has been distributed through the WSCF, improving the lives of those in need and transforming the community.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment: Intervention and resource delivery programs for children and families experiencing abuse and neglect. This includes child, youth and family counseling, family support and home-visiting services.
- Health and Wellness: Healthy lifestyle programs for at-risk youth, youth athletic programs that emphasize health and wellness, and nutrition and medical programs for low-income children and families.
- Education: Academic enhancement programs for at-risk students and programs that support high scholastic achievement, completion of high school and entrance into post-secondary education programs. This includes recreation programs that tie participation to academics and track scholastic success.
- Cancer Research and Treatment: Innovative medical research studies and invaluable support services for children and families affected by cancer.
- Greater Chicago metropolitan region
Eligible organizations/programs will:
- Have 501(c)3 federal tax-exempt status
- Demonstrate one full year of program services and outcomes
- Demonstrate a strong financial position
- Report strong measurable outcomes and meet grant making criteria in one funding area
Letters of inquiry for the 2019 Chicago White Sox Charities and the White Sox Community Fund grant cycle will be accepted between May 22, 2019 and June 14, 2019 no later than 4:50pm. Please see the primary interests of the fund above before sending an LOI.
If you have general questions on the grant process, please email Roxana Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org.