Reports to: Manager of Game Presentation
The Ball Boy/Girl is responsible for fielding foul balls. Ball boys/girls function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit for long periods.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Field foul balls
- Be attentive to players attempting to make a play in foul territory
- Interact with fans, near respective ball boy/girl post (1B/3B) in between innings
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience playing baseball or softball either in High School or College
- 16 years or older
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 home games with a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have strong communication skills, with a positive, energetic personality.
- Must be knowledgeable about the game of baseball. Be able to avoid fair balls and field foul balls and know the difference between the two
- Must have the physical ability to perform athletic activities in all weather conditions
- Ideal candidate must be able to make sound decisions
- Ability to arrive at Guaranteed Rate Field 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to each home game
- Access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to attend a tryout as part of the hiring process
- Tryout date is scheduled for Friday, February 2 at 5 PM.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should e-mail a completed Ball Boy/Girl Questionnaire to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please insert Ball Boy/Girl in the subject line.
Deadline for application is January 26, 2018
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Guest Relations Representative
Day of Game - Part Time
The Chicago White Sox are looking for Part-Time employees in our Guest Relations/Diamond Suites department for all Chicago White Sox Home Games and events at Guaranteed Rate Field. Guest Relations team members are ambassadors to both the guests and fellow team members. Our Guest Relations philosophy is to ensure our guests have a winning experience at the ballpark no matter what the final score may be. It is the responsibility of the Guest Relations/Diamond Suites team to commit to going the extra mile for every person entering our ballpark.
- Promote a family atmosphere, guest enjoyment and safety to ensure game day satisfaction
- Provide immediate service and comprehensive issue resolution to every guest
- Operate as a steward of Guest Relations/Diamond Suites policies and to uphold Chicago White Sox regulations, ethics and directives
- Provide accurate directions to seating locations, concessions, restrooms and other key areas of the ballpark
- Assist guests with disabilities ensuring all needs are met
- Communicate to the command center or management regarding any issues
- Partner with various departments including concessions, parking, security, retail and housekeeping to make certain that all issues are addressed and resolved in a timely matter
- Meet challenges offered by every person at your Guest Relations/Diamond Suites booth using training and knowledge of the ballpark
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous customer service experience is strongly desired
- Must have evening, weekend and holiday availability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a positive and outgoing individual who is able to work well both individually as well as part of a team
- Ideal candidate exhibits strong problem solving skills and professional judgement
- Must be able to fully perform the essential functions of the job
Candidates interested in applying for this position should e-mail their resume to: CWSGuestRelations@chisox.com
Please insert Guest Relations Representative in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Chicago White Sox Charities, the non-profit arm of the Chicago White Sox, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hardworking game day sellers with positive attitudes. Individuals will help sell for day-of-game fundraising initiatives including but not limited to: Sox Split 50/50 program, car raffle program, bobblehead campaign, silent auction and other miscellaneous events as assigned.
Sox Split is a charity raffle program whereby tickets are sold throughout the ballpark during every White Sox home game. One lucky fan takes home half of the net proceeds from that night's raffle ticket sales, with the other half benefiting Chicago White Sox Charities. The car raffle program, which also benefits Chicago White Sox Charities, offers tickets for sale online and in-park during White Sox home games. Fans purchase tickets for the chance to win a White Sox themed car at the end of the season.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have good cash handling and customer service skills
- Be comfortable with technology
- Be comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Be comfortable working in inclement weather (Guaranteed Rate Field is an outdoor ballpark)
- Understand the timing/pacing of baseball
- Be available to work games between April and October
- Sellers start at $12.00/hour and work 3-4 hours per game
- Opportunity to work most of 81 home games -- 70% night games/ 30% day games (sellers are not required to work all home games, schedule is based on seller availability)
- Position is part-time (April-October)
- Uniform is provided
- Fundraising initiatives will run from gates open until the end of the 6th inning unless otherwise specified
Any new sellers are required to attend a mandatory new-hire training session. Date is TBD.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should e-mail their resume to: CWSCFundraising@chisox.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DelawareNorth Sportservice, located at Guaranteed Rate Field, has some fun, part-time, seasonal jobs available. All jobs require evening and weekend availability. We are particularly looking for SEAT VENDORS, who walk the stadium selling beverages and snacks. Vending is one of baseball's greatest traditions and is a great way to experience the excitement of every game.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities needed to be a Seat Vendor are:
- Must be at least 16 years of age to sell food products
- Availability to work 25 games throughout the baseball season, including nights and weekend and holidays
- Self-motivated with a high level of self-confidence to aggressively sell assigned items
- Ability to raise and project voice to market and sell product for entire length of shift
- Superb customer service skills with a friendly, pleasant demeanor, as well as strong communication skills to communicate with guests
- Basic math skills, so you can accurately account for cash and inventory
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, dependable and punctual
- Frequent walking throughout venue for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently for entire length of shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs to 50 lbs
To apply for a job as a Seat Vendor or any other job, go to our website at www.delawarenorth.com and search for jobs in Chicago.
At Your Service, LLC
Are you friendly and dependable? Do you enjoy entertainment? At Your Service is now hiring. Many positions offer year-round employment at the United Center and Guaranteed Rate Field. All positions require evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Motivated guest service personnel needed in the following positions:
- Guest Service Representative - Greeter, Ticket-scanner, Usher
- Team Leaders - Experience supervising 10+ subordinates required
- Event Security Representative - Active or retired law enforcement certification required
- Security Crowd Managers - Criminal justice studies preferred
- Guest Relations Representatives - Dedicated guest service booth representatives, complaint resolution
- Suite Representatives - Premium seating access control