Here's MLB Pipeline's roundup of the top prospect performances in the Minor Leagues on Sunday.
Mets No. 2 prospect Peter Alonso, the No. 63 prospect in baseball per MLB Pipeline, added to his prodigious power numbers on Sunday with another home run -- his 29th of the season between Double-A Binghamton and Triple-A Las Vegas -- and a pair of RBIs to bring his total to 105, the most of any player in the Minor or Major Leagues, in a 3-1 win over Reno.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Alonso goes yard - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2380108283
:: Complete prospect coverage ::
The 23-year-old first baseman has homered in five of his last seven games for Las Vegas, and is hitting .260 with a .931 OPS in 47 Triple-A games. He slashed .314/.440/.573 with 15 homers in 65 Double-A games before being promoted.
Other top prospect performances on Sunday:
• A trio of D-backs prospects had big games Sunday. Jasrado Chisholm (No. 2) and Pavin Smith (No. 4) each shined in Class A Advanced Visalia's 7-3 victory over Modesto, while No. 6 prospect Alek Thomas continued his hot streak at the plate for Rookie level Missoula in its 9-6 win over Orem.
Chisholm went 3-for-4 with a double and a three-run homer, his sixth of the season. The 20-year-old shortstop is 9-for-18 with a pair of homers over his last four games, and is slashing .349/.393/.639 in 20 games since his promotion from Class A Kane County. In the same game, Smith also went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs. The first baseman is hitting .245/.340/.379 with 10 homers in 103 games this season.
Thomas went 2-for-3 with a solo home run and two walks out of the leadoff spot for Missoula. The second-round selection in this year's MLB Draft is hitting .421 (16-for-38) with three doubles and two homers in nine Pioneer League games.
• Dodgers No. 1 prospectAlex Verdugo, the No. 28 prospect overall, went 3-for-5 with two doubles, a homer and two RBIs in Triple-A Oklahoma City's 9-0 victory over Memphis. He's hitting .346/.395/.500 with nine home runs in 76 Triple-A games this year.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Verdugo launches homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2380099183
• Yordan Alvarez, the Astros' No. 3 prospect and the No. 41 prospect overall, belted a solo home run as part of a 2-for-3 performance in Triple-A Fresno's 9-4 win over Albuquerque. Since being promoted from Double-A Corpus Christi, the 21-year-old outfielder is slashing .240/.342/.462 with seven homers in 30 games.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: MiLB Video - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2380080483
Meanwhile, another Houston prospect, Alex McKenna (No. 30), went 4-for-5 with a pair of doubles and an RBI in Class A (Short Season) Tri-City's 7-3 win over Vermont, improving his line to .328/.423/.534 with five homers in 32 games after being selected in the fourth round of this year's Draft.
• Right-hander Jefry Rodriguez, the Nationals' No. 11 prospect, was dominant over six innings in Triple-A Syracuse's 8-1 victory over Gwinnett. He yielded a run on six hits, walking two and striking out 11. The performance lowered his season ERA to 3.40 in 19 starts between Double-A Harrisburg (13) and Syracuse (six).
MILB Video - Title: Watch: MiLB Video - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2379413083
• A pair of Red Sox prospects turned in strong performances in Double-A Portland's 6-2 victory over Akron. Boston's No. 1 prospect (and No. 99 overall), Michael Chavis, doubled and drove in three as part of a 2-for-3 afternoon, while No. 6 prospect Bobby Dalbec doubled, homered and drove in three runs of his own while going 2-for-4.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: MiLB Video - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2379602083
Chavis, a first baseman, is hitting .309/.404/.556 with five homers in 22 Double-A games. Dalbec, a third baseman, has been red hot in nine games for Portland since being promoted from Class A Advanced Salem (.256/.372/.573, 26 homers), batting .364 with five homers.
• Padres No. 10 prospect Cal Quantrill tossed six strong innings in Triple-A El Paso's 4-1 win at Sacramento, giving up a run on six hits, walking one and fanning six. The No. 8 overall selection in the 2016 Draft has given up three runs in 12 Triple-A innings since his promotion from Double-A San Antonio.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Quantrill notches strikeout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2380107483
• Left-hander Cole Irvin, the Phillies' No. 10 prospect, blanked Louisville for seven innings in Triple-A Lehigh Valley's 4-0 victory. He surrendered just three hits, walked three and struck out two. In 23 starts for Lehigh Valley this season, he owns a 2.85 ERA.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: MiLB Video - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2379442583
• Patrick Mazeika, the Mets' No. 28 prospect, went 3-for-3 with his seventh home run of the season during Double-A Binghamton's 8-5 loss to Reading. The catcher is hitting .218/.322/.342 in 72 games this season.
• Athletics No. 27 prospect Parker Dunshee gave Double-A Midland 7 1/3 scoreless frames in its 2-0 victory over Arkansas. The right-hander has turned in scoreless performances in three of his last four outings, lowering his season ERA to 2.51 in 21 appearances (19 starts) between Class A Advanced Stockton and Midland (nine starts).
MILB Video - Title: Watch: MiLB Video - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2379409283