Major League Baseball today announced the game times for its master 2017 regular season schedule, which will begin on April 2nd when the Tampa Bay Rays host the New York Yankees at 1:10 p.m. (ET) on ESPN. ESPN will continue its expanded Opening Day coverage with the San Francisco Giants at the Arizona Diamondbacks at 4:10 p.m. (ET)/1:10 p.m. (MT) on ESPN2, followed by "Sunday Night Baseball" on ESPN, featuring the St. Louis Cardinals hosting the World Champion Chicago Cubs at 8:35 p.m. (ET)/7:35 p.m. (CT). The final day of the 2017 regular season, which features 12 divisional match-ups, is scheduled for Sunday, October 1st. For the third consecutive year, all games played on the final scheduled day of the regular season will begin at 3:00 p.m. (ET).
ESPN, beginning its 28th season televising Major League Baseball, will also provide Opening Day coverage on Monday, April 3rd at 1:10 p.m. (ET) as the Atlanta Braves visit the New York Mets, followed by the San Diego Padres at the Los Angeles Dodgers at 4:10 p.m. (ET)/1:10 p.m. (PT), the American League Champion Cleveland Indians at the Texas Rangers at 7:05 p.m. (ET)/6:05 p.m. (CT), and the Los Angeles Angels at the Oakland Athletics at 10:05 p.m. (ET)/7:05 p.m. (PT). The seven games featured on ESPN on Sunday and Monday will include six of the 10 Clubs that participated in the 2016 Postseason. Traditional Opening Day on Monday, April 3rd will feature 12 games, and the first full slate of 15 games will be played on Wednesday, April 5th.
• 2017 regular-season schedule
MLB Network will have extensive coverage of Opening Week, featuring the return of its regular season programming lineup of MLB Central, High Heat with Christopher Russo, The Rundown, MLB Now, Intentional Talk, MLB Tonight and Quick Pitch with live look-ins at games in progress, previews, highlights and analysis.
Among the other highlights of the 2017 regular season:
- In a rematch of the 2016 National League Championship Series, the Cubs will host the Dodgers at Wrigley Field for a three-game series beginning on Monday, April 10th at 8:05 p.m. (ET)/7:05 p.m. (CT). The Clubs will square off again for a three-game set at Dodger Stadium beginning on Friday, May 26th at 10:10 p.m. (ET)/7:10 p.m. (PT).
- The Indians and Toronto Blue Jays, who met in the 2016 American League Championship Series, will play a three-game series at Rogers Centre beginning on Monday, May 8th at 7:07 p.m. (ET). The Clubs will meet for another three-game series beginning on Friday, July 21st at 7:10 p.m. (ET) at Progressive Field.
- 2017 Opening Day includes an Interleague match-up between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park at 2:05 p.m. (ET).
- The Dodgers host the Diamondbacks at Dodger Stadium at 9:10 p.m. (ET)/6:10 p.m. (PT) on Saturday, April 15th, which is Jackie Robinson Day throughout Major League Baseball.
- Interleague series featuring prime rivals will be played throughout the season, as back-to-back two-game series, with the host club shifting after two contests. The match-ups include: Rays-Marlins (May 1st-4th); Orioles-Nationals (May 8th-11th); Padres-Rangers (May 8th-11th); Braves-Blue Jays (May 15th-18th) in a rematch of the 1992 World Series during its 25th anniversary season; Reds-Indians (May 22nd-25th); Rockies-Mariners (May 29th-June 1st); Phillies-Red Sox (June 12th-15th); Angels-Dodgers (June 26th-29th); Cubs-White Sox (July 24th-27th); A's-Giants (July 31st-August 3rd); Cardinals-Royals (August 7th-10th); Pirates-Tigers (August 7th-10th); Brewers-Twins (August 7th-10th); Astros-Diamondbacks (August 14th-17th); and Mets-Yankees (August 14th-17th).
- In the 50th anniversary season of the 1967 Fall Classic, the Cardinals and Red Sox will meet for a two-game series at Busch Stadium on May 16th-17th, as well as a two-game series at Fenway Park on August 15th-16th.
- In the 60th anniversary season of the 1957 World Series, the Brewers and Yankees will play a three-game series at Yankee Stadium from July 7th-9th.
- The Yankees will host the Cardinals at Yankee Stadium from April 14th-16th in a rematch of the 1942 World Series in its 75th anniversary season.
- The Yankees and Pirates will compete in a three-game series at PNC Park on April 21st-23rd, marking the 90th anniversary season of the 1927 Fall Classic.
- The 2017 All-Star Game, to be hosted by the Miami Marlins, is scheduled for Tuesday, July 11th at Marlins Park.