The Rockies will open their 25th anniversary season on March 29, 2018, against the D-backs at Chase Field. After starting with seven road games, they'll open at Coors Field with a six-game homestand starting on April 6 against the Braves.• 2018 Rockies scheduleMajor League Baseball announced the schedule on Tuesday.
The Rockies will open their 25th anniversary season on March 29, 2018, against the D-backs at Chase Field. After starting with seven road games, they'll open at Coors Field with a six-game homestand starting on April 6 against the Braves.
• 2018 Rockies schedule
Major League Baseball announced the schedule on Tuesday. As part of 2017-21 Basic Agreement between MLB and the MLB Players Association, all teams will open on March 29 under a format that extends the length of the season by adding a weekend of play at the beginning. Each team will be scheduled to be idle an additional 3-4 days throughout the season, to provide players rest and teams flexibility in rescheduling games.
The home schedule will feature home games on Mother's Day (May 13 against the Brewers); Memorial Day (May 28 against the Giants); Independence Day (July 4 against the Giants; and Labor Day (Sept. 3 against the Giants).
Other features of the Rockies' '18 schedule:
• Interleague home games against the Angels (May 8-9), Mariners (July 13-15), Astros (July 24-25) and A's (July 27-29).
• The season's longest homestand will be Sept. 3-13, 10 games in 11 days -- against the Giants on Sept. 3-5, the Dodgers on Sept. 7-9 and the D-backs on Sept. 10-13.
• The Rockies will be absent from Coors Field for 12 days, from April 26, a scheduled off-day, to May 8. They'll travel to face the Marlins (April 27-29); Cubs (April 31-May 2 and again on May 4-6).
• Annual fireworks shows are set for July 3-4 after games against the Giants, and Sept. 28 after a game against the Nationals.
• Within the National League West, the Rockies will play 10 home games against the Dodgers and D-backs, and nine against the Giants and Padres. The regular-season schedule concludes with a seven-game homestand against two National League East teams -- the Phillies on Sept. 24-27 and the Nationals on Sept. 28-30.
Game times have not been announced.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary, the Rockies have designed a special logo that will be displayed throughout the season. Merchandise featuring the logo will be available in November. Visit Rockies.com/dugoutstores for information.
A magnet schedule for 2018 will be given to all fans on Sept. 29, 2017, when the Rockies play the Dodgers -- a game that will be followed by Fan Appreciation postgame fireworks.
Thomas Harding has covered the Rockies since 2000, and for MLB.com since 2002. Follow him on Twitter @harding_at_mlb and** like his Facebook page**.