The Twins are making their ballpark experience more family-friendly this season. The team has announced new family-value concessions pricing at Target Field for 2019, including discounts on classic ballpark foods.
Families can get Twins Dog hot dogs for $4 -- regular price is $5 -- and peanuts and popcorn for $3, half off the normal $6 price. The family-value concessions also include special pricing for soft pretzels, nachos, soda and Budweiser and Bud Light.
"We want kids and families to have a memorable day or evening at Target Field; making food available at lower, more accessible prices is another way to ensure a fantastic experience," Twins communications manager Matt Hodson said. "We’re proud to be a local leader in bringing family-friendly value to our concessions stands, and believe this will enhance Target Field’s standing as delivering the best in food and beverage."
Here's a rundown of the family-value pricing, compared to regular 2019 concessions pricing:
• Hot dogs -- Family value: $4 | Regular: $5
• Peanuts/popcorn -- Family value: $3 | Regular: $6
• Soft pretzels -- Family value (two soft pretzel sticks): $4 | Regular (pretzel with cheese): $7
• Nachos -- Family value: $4 | Regular (slightly larger size): $7
• Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist -- Family value (16 oz.): $2 | Regular (24 oz.): $6.50
• Budweiser, Bud Light -- Family value (12 oz.): $5 | Regular (20 oz.): $9
Family-value pricing will be available at Target Field’s State Fair concessions stands in sections 133 and 327. Those concession stands will also have touch-screen self-checkout kiosks.
"When people think about a day at Target Field, food and drink is an essential part of that overall experience," Hodson said. "We’re thrilled to partner with Delaware North Sportservice to make sure those core ballpark concessions -- hot dogs, peanuts, nachos, pretzels, pop and beer -- are more affordable for families coming to Twins games in 2019."