The Arizona Diamondbacks announced the 2016 promotional schedule, highlighted by Zack Greinke and Paul Goldschmidt bobbleheads and Star Wars Night. D-backs mini-plans go on sale today allowing fans to secure their seats for exciting promotions and giveaways and match ups against the New York Yankees (May 16-18), Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants. Mini-plans start at just $140 for a 10-game plan, $414 for a 28-game Series plan and $489 for a 29-game Weekend plan. More information on mini-plans can be found at dbacks.com/tickets or by calling 602-462-4600.
The D-backs will give away four bobbleheads in 2016, including A.J. Pollock (April 23), Goldschmidt (July 2), Greinke (Aug. 6), and David Peralta (Sept. 17). Additional new and exciting giveaway items include a D-backs Star Wars T-shirt (May 14), D-backs Youth T-ball Set (May 15), D-backs Pool Bag (May 28), D-backs BBQ Apron (May 30), D-backs Tribal Cap (June 11), and a D-backs Replica Batting Practice Pullover (Aug. 27).
Fans can expect several specialized theme nights throughout the season, including Social Media Night (April 29), Bark at the Park (May 1), Star Wars Night (May 14), Native American Recognition Day (June 11), Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular (July 4), Faith & Family Night (Aug. 26), Alumni Day (Aug. 27), Hispanic Heritage Day (Sept. 10), Sept. 11th Remembrance (Sept. 11), D-backs Science of Baseball/STEM Showcase (Sept. 30).
Returning in 2016, the club will host Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Gila River Casinos, following 12 Friday night home games and Throwback Thursdays, presented by Chase, are back in which the D-backs will wear purple and teal throwback uniforms for five Thursday night games. Every Sunday, all active, reserve, retired and veteran military personnel as well as any active or retired fire and police personnel will receive 50 percent off on up to four tickets for Military & First Responder Sundays, presented by Geico, at dbacks.com/military. In addition, the D-backs will offer matinee prices on seven weekday, day games.
The D-backs' 2016 promotional dates are available at dbacks.com/giveaways, with highlights below:
Season-long promotions in 2016:
- Military & First Responders Sundays, presented by Geico (April 10 vs. Cubs, April 24 vs. Pirates, May 1 vs. Rockies, May 15 vs. Giants, May 29 vs. Padres, June 12 vs. Marlins, July 3 vs. Giants, July 17 vs. Dodgers, Aug. 7 vs. Brewers, Aug. 28 vs. Reds, Sept. 11 vs. Giants, Sept. 18 vs. Dodgers, Oct. 2 vs. Padres)
- Matinee Prices (April 6 vs. Rockies, May 31 vs. Astros, June 8 vs. Rays, June 15 vs. Dodgers, June 29 vs. Phillies, July 20 vs. Blue Jays, Aug. 3 vs. Nationals)
- Throwback Thursdays, presented by Chase (April 7 vs. Cubs, April 28 vs. Cardinals, May 12 vs. Giants, Aug. 25 vs. Braves, Sept. 15 vs. Dodgers)
- Gila River Casinos Fireworks Nights (April 8 vs. Cubs, April 22 vs. Pirates, April 29 vs. Rockies, May 13 vs. Giants, May 27 vs. Padres, June 10 vs. Marlins, July 15 vs. Dodgers, Aug. 5 vs. Brewers, Aug. 26 vs. Reds, Sept. 9 vs. Giants, Sept. 16 vs. Dodgers, Sept. 30 vs. Padres)
- Los D-backs Fiesta de la Familia, presented by Fry's Food Stores (April 9 vs. Cubs, April 24 vs. Pirates, May 15 vs. Giants, June 12 vs. Marlins, July 16 vs. Dodgers, Aug. 7 vs. Brewers, Sept. 17 vs. Dodgers)