Analysts Yonder Alonso, Mark DeRosa, Pedro Martínez, Kevin Millar, Dan Plesac, Dan O’Dowd, Harold Reynolds, Xavier Scruggs and Chris Young to contribute from “The City of Angels”
Tennessee head baseball coach Tony Vitello and UCLA head baseball coach John Savage join MLB Draft coverage this Sunday, July 17 at 7 p.m. ET presented by John Deere Construction
July 13, 2022 –With the anticipation building for Major League Baseball’s Midsummer Classic, MLB Network is set to provide more than 20 hours of coverage from Los Angeles beginning this Saturday, July 16. MLB Tonight, MLB Central, Intentional Talk, All-Star Media Day, All-Star Red Carpet Show presented by Mastercard, 2022 MLB Draft, SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game, MGM Rewards Celebrity Softball Game, MLB-USA Baseball High School All-American Game and an MLB Network Special: The Jackie Legacy are among the MLB Network All-Star programming highlights.
Originating from Los Angeles, 2017 All-Star Yonder Alonso, Greg Amsinger, A.J. Andrews, Scott Braun, Fran Charles, Lauren Gardner, Mark DeRosa, Robert Flores, eight-time MLB All-Star Pedro Martínez, Kevin Millar, Stephen Nelson, three-time MLB All-Star Dan Plesac, Dan O’Dowd, two-time All-Star Harold Reynolds, Xavier Scruggs, Lauren Shehadi and 2010 All-Star Chris Young will contribute to MLB Network’s extensive programming. Highlights include:
Sunday, July 17:
2022 MLB Draft at 7 p.m. ET:
- For the 14th consecutive year, MLB Network will produce comprehensive coverage presented by John Deere Construction of the MLB Draft. MLB Network will air the first 80 picks Sunday, July 17, beginning live at 7 p.m. ET from L.A. Live on Xbox Plaza in front of Microsoft Theater. MLB Network’s Greg Amsinger, Scott Braun, Lauren Gardner, Dan O’Dowd, Harold Reynolds, Tennessee head baseball coach Tony Vitello, UCLA head baseball coach John Savage, MLB Pipeline’s Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo and Baseball America’s Carlos Collazo will provide pick-by-pick analysis and breakdowns throughout the night. Footage from Club draft rooms, extensive highlight packages, player profiles, and interviews with newly-drafted players and front office personnel will be part of the telecast. Hall of Famers Trevor Hoffman and Greg Maddux, 2002 World Series-winning manager Mike Scioscia, Georgia Tech head baseball coach Danny Hall, Louisville head baseball coach Dan McDonnell and TCU head baseball coach Kirk Saarloos will also provide player analysis throughout the Draft. Preview coverage will begin at 6 p.m. ET with a one-hour program leading up to the first selection.
Monday, July 18:
Eight straight hours of live programming begins at 12 p.m. ET from Los Angeles:
- 12 p.m. ET, MLB Central – Robert Flores, Lauren Shehadi and Mark DeRosa co-host MLB Central, marking the first time the program has aired during All-Star Week.
- 2 p.m. ET, All-Star Media Day – A.J. Andrews, Fran Charles, Yonder Alonso and Chris Young welcome MLB’s All-Stars to Los Angeles.
- 5 p.m. ET, Intentional Talk presented by Hyperice – Stephen Nelson and Kevin Millar set the stage for the T-Mobile Home Run Derby.
- 6 p.m. ET, MLB Tonight presented by T-Mobile - Unparalleled behind-the-scenes access to MLB All-Stars with Greg Amsinger, Fran Charles, Yonder Alonso, Pedro Martínez, Dan Plesac and Harold Reynolds.
- Following the T-Mobile Home Run Derby – Robert Flores and Lauren Gardner call the MGM Rewards Celebrity Softball Game as the stars of music, movies, television and sports take the field.
Tuesday, July 19:
Seven-and-a-half hours of live programming begins at 12 p.m. ET from Los Angeles:
- 12 p.m. ET, MLB Central - Robert Flores, Lauren Shehadi and Mark DeRosa recap the T-Mobile Home Run Derby and get viewers set for one of baseball’s most exciting nights.
- 2 p.m. ET, All-Star Red Carpet Show presented by Mastercard – Greg Amsinger, A.J. Andrews and Harold Reynolds interact with all of the 2022 All-Stars as they make their way to Dodger Stadium.
- 3:30 p.m. ET, Intentional Talk presented by Hyperice – Stephen Nelson and Kevin Millar entertain and inform from the Dodger Stadium field leading up to the 92nd Midsummer Classic.
- 5 p.m. ET, MLB Tonight presented by Mastercard – Viewers are brought inside batting practice with Fran Charles, Robert Flores, Yonder Alonso, Pedro Martínez, Harold Reynolds and Xavier Scruggs.
- Following the MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard – Greg Amsinger, Fran Charles, Harold Reynolds, Chris Young and Yonder Alonso provide analysis, interviews, highlights and on-field demonstrations on MLB Tonight.
Wednesday, July 20:
- 1 p.m. ET, High Heat – Host Christopher Russo recaps All-Star Week and prepares fans for the second half of the MLB season.
- 6 p.m. ET, MLB Tonight – Fran Charles, Jake Peavy and Dan Plesac discuss and debate who will make the 2022 MLB Postseason.
- 7 p.m. ET, MLB Network Special: The Jackie Legacy – In new interviews, President Bill Clinton, iconic filmmaker Spike Lee, Commissioner Emeritus Bud Selig and former All-Star and two-star athlete Bo Jackson discuss Jackie Robinson’s profound legacy on baseball, civil rights and society, hosted by Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Harold Reynolds. Clinton and Selig specifically relive the night MLB retired Robinson’s number 42 in 1997, marking the first uniform number to be retired across the sport, 25 years ago.
As part of MLB All-Star week, MLB Network will re-air the MLB-USA Baseball High School All-American Game this Saturday, July 16 at 12 p.m. ET, with Scott Braun, Harold Reynolds, Jonathan Mayo and A.J. Andrews on the call from Dodger Stadium. MLB Network will also re-air the 2022 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game this Sunday, July 17 at 9 a.m. ET, with Braun, Yonder Alonso, Jim Callis and A.J. Andrews in the booth.
MLB Network will bring fans behind-the-scenes during All-Star Week across its Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat platforms. The extensive social-first content will give fans a first-hand look at All-Star Batting Practice, All-Star Media Day and the MLB All-Star Red Carpet Show presented by Mastercard, where MLB Network’s Xavier Scruggs and Chris Young will serve as red carpet fashion reporters.
MLB Network’s All-Star programming is available for live, authenticated streaming via the MLB app and MLBNetwork.com.