THOMASVILLE, N.C. -- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. and MLB announced today Old Dominion will be the "Official Freight Carrier for Major League Baseball." The Thomasville, North Carolina headquartered less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier known for its premium service will introduce a fleet of nearly 30,000 trailers with MLB branding and baseball imagery.
As part of the partnership, Old Dominion will run advertising and promotions across MLB Network, MLB Advanced Media's digital properties including MLB.com, and across MLB's official accounts on a variety of social media platforms. Old Dominion will also showcase its brand and connect with baseball fans at MLB Jewel Events including the MLB All-Star Game and World Series.
Watch the ESPN pregame coverage of the World Champion Chicago Cubs next Monday, April 10 to see a special video celebrating the World Series Trophy and the new MLB partnership.
Old Dominion's national partnership with MLB will complement its seven MLB Club partnerships with the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels, New York Mets and Texas Rangers.
"Old Dominion is excited to partner with Major League Baseball, an organization that consistently shares similar values," said David Carter, Vice President of Marketing Communications at OD. "Baseball is America's pastime with a rich history of growth, entertainment, and providing a deep connection with its fans. Old Dominion has grown exponentially in its 83 year history from a family-run business to the leading LTL carrier in the country. Both organizations value hard work, exceptionalism and performance."
"Old Dominion is an American success story with a strong reputation built on reliability and keeping promises," said Noah Garden, MLB Executive Vice President, Business. "We are excited that Old Dominion is expanding its commitment to baseball and showcasing the partnership across a massive fleet of trailers around the country."
The new partnership with MLB will generate greater awareness and comprehension of the Old Dominion brand, drive revenue and provide engagement opportunities for all Old Dominion employees.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335. On Twitter: @ODFL_Inc and Facebook: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
MLB is the most historic professional sports league in the United States and consists of 30 member clubs in the U.S. and Canada, representing the highest level of professional baseball. It is the best-attended sport in North America, and since 2004, MLB has enjoyed its best-attended seasons in the history of the game, with each regular season eclipsing the 73 million mark. Led by Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr., MLB currently features record levels of labor peace, competitive balance and industry revenues, as well as the most comprehensive drug-testing program in American professional sports. MLB remains committed to making an impact in the communities of the U.S., Canada and throughout the world, perpetuating the sport's larger role in society and permeating every facet of baseball's business, marketing and community relations endeavors. With the continued success of MLB Advanced Media and MLB Network, MLB continues to find innovative ways for its fans to enjoy America's National Pastime and a truly global game. For more information on MLB, visit www.MLB.com.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload ("LTL"), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. Old Dominion offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion's claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Institutional Investors named David Congdon 2017 Best CEO for Airfreight & Surface Transportation division
- The ATA Transportation Security Council awarded OD with its 2016 Excellence in Claims and Loss Prevention Award for the fourth consecutive year.
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the seventh consecutive year.
- ATA 2016 President's Trophy Award winner in the Over 100 Million Miles category
- 2016 SmartWay Excellence Award winner.
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2016 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) list for the sixth consecutive year.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
- Supply Chain Brain named ODFL in its 2016 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" listing.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2016 Multi-Regional LTL Carrier of the Year for the fourth consecutive year.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion one of America's Best Employers in 2015
- Fortune named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
- Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.