The Pittsburgh Pirates today released their spring training schedule for the 2020 Grapefruit League season. The Pirates are scheduled to play a total of 33 games, 16 of which will be at home at LECOM Park in Bradenton, Fla.
Opening Day of the Pirates Grapefruit League season will begin on Saturday, February 22, as the team hosts the Minnesota Twins at LECOM Park. The Bucs will follow that up with a pair of games on Sunday, February 23; a home game against the Detroit Tigers and a road game against the Philadelphia Phillies in Clearwater.
Additional highlights of the 2020 home Spring Training schedule at LECOM Park include:
• February 25 and 26: The Pirates will host the Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox on consecutive days, which will be the only time Pirates will host the Red Sox in Bradenton in 2020.
• March 7: The Pirates will take on the New York Yankees, in the Yankees' only visit to Bradenton in 2020.
• March 9 and 12: The Toronto Blue Jays will travel to Bradenton to play the Pirates twice in four days.
• March 13: A night game against the Minnesota Twins.
• March 17: In a St. Patrick's Day matchup, the Pirates will take on the Phillies.
• March 22: A regular season Opening Day matchup preview as the Pirates take on the Tampa Bay Rays.
• March 23: The Pirates close out the home portion of the Grapefruit League season against the Tigers
The Pirates' final game of the 2020 Grapefruit League Season will come against the Tigers in Lakeland on Tuesday, March 24, before the Pirates get set to open the 2020 Regular Season on the road in St. Petersburg, Fla., against the Rays on Thursday, March 26, at 4:05 p.m.
The entire 2020 Spring Training schedule is attached and can also be found on pirates.com/springtraining. Information regarding ticket pricing and on-sale dates will be announced at a later time.