The Pirates return home to PNC Park for the 11th homestand of the season as they play host to the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs for a seven-game stretch.
The seven-game homestand welcomes the two teams the Pirates visited on this past road trip and the stay is highlighted by many activities in and around PNC Park. Along with the scheduled games this homestand, Friday, September 1 is Fireworks Night at PNC Park; Sunday, September 3 is the second Yoga Day on the field at PNC Park with a morning yoga session for all participants; and Monday, September 4, is a Paint Party on the Miller Lite Rooftop.
In addition, Wednesday, September 6, is Roberto Clemente Day around Major League Baseball and the Pirates will honor the life and legacy of the Hall of Famer with a day of giving in and around the Pittsburgh community.
Friday, September 1, 2017 - Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
· Childhood Cancer Awareness Night: For the second consecutive year, MLB and its Clubs will raise awareness for the fight against childhood cancer by having all Major League players, coaches, umpires and grounds crew wear gold ribbon decals and wristbands.
· Childhood Cancer Celebrity Head-Shaving: The Pirates & Sport Clips present the '2017 BaseBALD Challenge", helping the St. Baldrick's Foundation conquer childhood cancers by hosting a pregame head shaving event with players, coaches and front office employees. For every head shaved, Pirates Charities will make a donation to St. Baldrick's Foundation. The event will begin at 5 p.m. in the PNC Park Press Conference Room.
· Superhero Party: Tonight, in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Night, Pirates Charities and Chick-Fil-A will host a "Superhero-Themed" V.I.P. (Very Important Pirate) Party for 25 children and their families battling pediatric cancer. Kids are encouraged to dress up as their favorite superhero as the evening will be full of exciting adventures. Each hero will also be recognized on-field during a pregame ceremony and will be given their very own Pirates superhero cape by a member of the team to assist them in their fight. Superheroes and their families will enjoy the game from our World Series Suites and will enjoy a dinner fit for a superhero, custom-created on behalf of Levy Cares.
· First Pitch: On March 10, 2017, Action 4's morning anchor Kelly Frey announced she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and since then the Pittsburgh community has rallied to support her throughout this difficult journey. Tonight Kelly will join us on the field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch in a pregame ceremony.
· Tonight's 50/50 Raffle: Tonight's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit the American Red Cross' Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.
· Block Party: Come down early to join us before tonight's game for the Friday Baierl Block Party on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available along with Radio Tokyo performing on the Main Stage. Pirates alumni Al Oliver will be the special guest bartender at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
· Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing Zambelli Fireworks International fireworks display, presented by Powerade and Sheetz.
Saturday, September 2, 2017-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
· Free Shirt Saturday: Tonight the Pirates popular Free Shirt days continue through 2017 as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee presented by Xfinity.
· Block Party: Come down early to join us before today's game for the Saturday Block Party on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available with East Cost Turnaround performing on the Main Stage. Pirates alumni Al Oliver will be the special guest bartender at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
· Heart and Hustle: Tonight in a pregame ceremony, Adam Frazier will receive the Major League Baseball Alumni Association's Heart and Hustle Award. This esteemed award honors active players who demonstrate a passion for the game of baseball and best embody the values, spirit, and tradition of the game.
· Habitat for Humanity Night: Tonight the Pirates and Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh invite you to join us for a night of baseball at PNC Park and a chance to support Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh. A portion of all ticket proceeds sold through pirates.com/HabitatforHumanity go to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh. Each ticket purchased also includes a special edition Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball cap.
· Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
Sunday, September 3, 2017-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (1:35 p.m.)
· Yoga Day: Due to popular demand, the Pirates have added a second Yoga Day at PNC Park for the 2017 season. Today's participants will receive admission to a unique morning Yoga session on the field, a ticket to the afternoon game vs. the Cincinnati Reds and $10 in Loaded Value credit good for any concession stand at PNC Park. For friends and family of Yoga Day participants who want to attend the game and sit nearby, guest tickets are available for purchase for just $21. Simply add these guest tickets to your cart when purchasing your participant tickets to ensure seating together. For complete information, visit pirates.com/Yoga.
· Pirates Fitness Band: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids Pirates fitness band, presented by Highmark.
· Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be special Play Ball stations, inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, and more.
· Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by the Original Pizza Logs.
Monday, September 4, 2017-Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs (4:05 p.m.)
· Paint Party on the Rooftop: Join the Pirates, as they partner with Paint Monkey for the final Paint Party of the 2017 season. Enjoy a pre-game painting session (canvases are pre-sketched) on the Miller Lite Rooftop and stay for the game afterwards. Prices start at $60 per date and include a space in one painting class and one seat to the game. For more information visit pirates.com/paintmonkey.
Tuesday, September 5, 2017-Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs (7:05 p.m.)
· Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: Tonight is part of the Pirates season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game every Tuesday home game. Tonight the Pirates will honor the McCandless Girls 10U Slow-Pitch Softball team. This season the team finished undefeated with a 17-0 record and won the 10U Girls Slow-Pitch Greater Pittsburgh Softball League Association Championship.
· Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 13 Pup Nights, presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $35 with additional human tickets available for $35 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017-Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs (7:05 p.m.)
Roberto Clemente Day and Hispanic Heritage Night
· The Clemente Day CARE-a-Van: Today the Pirates and Pirates Charities will honor the life and legacy of the great Roberto Clemente with a day of service projects around the greater Pittsburgh area involving Pirates players, coaches, front office executives and staff as well as alumni, including the Clemente family and players' wives. All events will be held between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and include:
· Allegheny Intermediate Unit Latino Family Center visit (5450 Second Avenue, 2nd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15207)
§ Event: The Pirates will conduct a simple skills baseball clinic with the center's FATHERHOOD Program. The participants will rotate through four stations (hitting, fielding, running, and catching) with the Pirates teaching and demonstrating the fundamental techniques of baseball. During the visit, the participants will have an opportunity to mix-and-mingle with players and coaches while enjoying authentic Spanish cuisine prepared by mothers and wives at the center. Pirates Charities is also donating needed supplies to the Latino Family Center to assist the families they serve. AIU Latino Family Center supports and assists Latino families with the necessary tools and resources they need to strengthen the family unit and raise healthy and happy children.
· Meal service for the hungry - Light of Life Rescue Mission (10 E North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212)
§ Event: Pirates players and coaches will assist with an outdoor barbeque lunch service for patrons and neighbors of the Light of Life. Levy Restaurants are providing the food and beverages through their Levy Cares program, and Pirates Charities will donate much needed personal care items such as socks, undergarments and individual hygiene kits. Levy employees will also be on-hand to help serve to the over 200 expected guests. Light of Life Rescue Mission will provide a home for the homeless and food for the hungry, and works to build disciples among the poor, addicted, abused and needy.
· Veterans Affairs Hospital Visit (H.J. Heinz Campus, 1010 Delafield Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15215)
§ Event: Pirates players and coaches will be on-hand to visit with Veterans and act as celebrity Bingo callers today at the Veterans Affairs Hospital. Pirates prizes will be provided for all participating Veterans throughout the event. H.J. Heinz VA Campus serves as an Adult Day Health Care Center and provides a safe and active environment with constant supervision designed for Veterans to get out of the home and participate in activities.
· Harrison for Hope Foundation Warm Winter Shopping Event (DICK'S Sporting Goods, 2021 Mackenzie Way, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066)
§ Event: Today the Pirates will partner with Josh and Brittney Harrison's "Harrisons for Hope" foundation to support 20 local children in need. During the event, the children will get to shop for warm winter clothes, such as boots, coats, gloves and hats, alongside Josh Harrison and some of his teammates. The mission of the Harrisons for Hope Foundation is to provide low-income children with clothing from the cradle to college.
· School Visit -- Westinghouse Academy (1101 N Murtland Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208)
§ Event: Today, Pirates players and coaches will take part in a school assembly for the middle school students for Westinghouse Academy 6-12, a Pittsburgh Public School. The Pirates will partner with the Pittsburgh Promise on the event and will provide new backpacks and school supplies for the high school students as well as provide lunch, provided by Chick-Fil-A, to all students, staff and faculty.
· Hispanic Heritage Celebration
· #PonleAcento: For the second consecutive year, MLB and its Clubs will continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with an initiative that includes the #PonleAcento campaign, which literally means, "to put an accent on it". The program aims to show all the ways Latinos have put an accent on the game, both on and off the field. This month, throughout MLB, logos with accent marks on the silhouetted batter will be featured in ballparks, on MLB traditional and social media, as well as on batting practice t-shirts worn by the players.
· Fiesta Latina: The Pirates will host Fiesta Latina Night at PNC Park. Tickets purchased through this special offer include a chance to join us pregame in the Picnic Park area for light refreshments and music by Gavas Beat. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with Pirates Alumni and members of the Clemente Family from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are just $25 each for entrance into the event and the game, a specially designed "Clemente 21" cap and a portion of the ticket proceeds will benefit LACU. For Fiesta Latina tickets and information, visit pirates.com/FiestaLatina.
· Pregame Group Salute: Pirates Latino players, coaches and staff will be recognized during the pregame ceremonies as we celebrate the Hispanic Heritage of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Kids will take the field alongside these players and coaches. Each are from their native country and now call Pittsburgh home.
· University Night with Carnegie Mellon University: Tonight is a Pirates University Night with the Carnegie Mellon University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/CMU hat. This season the Pirates will host University Nights on select Wednesday dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. Tonight's cap packages are SOLD OUT. For complete information and a list of remaining 2017 University Nights, visit pirates.com/universitynights.
Thursday, September 7, 2017-Pirates vs Chicago Cubs (7:05 p.m.)
· Military Appreciation Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates will wear their Military Appreciation Day camouflage jerseys and special hats.
· On-Field Military Ceremony: As part of tonight's Military Appreciation Day efforts, a group from Veterans Leadership will participate in a pregame, on-field ceremony and hosted for the game in the Pirates Charities Suite. The mission of Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania is to provide essential housing, employment, and vital supportive services to eligible local Veterans, service members, and their families with the goal of improving their self-sufficiency, sustainability, and quality of life.
· 50/50 Raffle: Tonight's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit Veterans Leadership.
· Lady Bucs Night: Tonight is the final Lady Bucs Night of 2017 at PNC Park. Kick off the night by joining us in the Picnic Park for a pregame event including food and non-alcoholic beverages. Packages are $60 and include one Pirates game ticket, tonight's exclusive promotional item - a Pirates beanie -- and access to the catered Lady Bucs event in Picnic Park from 5:30 to 7 p.m. No need to enjoy this night alone, invite friends, coworkers and more as groups are highly encouraged. For tickets and information, visit pirates.com/LadyBucs.
· Spirit Tasting: Join us for a 90-miniute pregame spirits tasting tonight at PNC Park. Fans will have the opportunity to taste a variety of fine spirits and learn more about the history and characteristics of the drinks. For just $80 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame spirit tasting in Club 3000, and more. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/spirits.
· Mental Health Awareness Night: Tonight the Pirates have partnered with Steel Smiling and Inside Our Minds for Mental Health Awareness Night in an effort to raise awareness for mental health in our communities. A portion of all ticket proceeds sold through pirates.com/mentalhealth will benefit Steel Smiling and Inside Our Minds.
· Chiropractic Professionals Night: Tonight the Pirates invite chiropractors, technicians and office staff to enjoy an evening at PNC Park as a great way to treat friends, family and co-workers to a night at the park. Tickets are available now through pirates.com/chiropractors and the first 10 offices to sign up will have one group member recognized during our pre-game ceremonies.
Season Ticket Wall
Fans are encouraged to stop by the Season Ticket Wall on the main concourse throughout the remainder of the season to renew their 2018 season ticket packages or to receive information on becoming a Pirates Season Ticket Holder. For complete information on becoming a Full, Half or 20-game Season Ticket Holder visit Pirates.com/SeasonTickets.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2017 Pirates season, or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Gerrit Cole, Josh Bell, Andrew McCutchen and more.
Wins for Kids
Pirates Charities, Pirates Manager Clint Hurdle and his wife, Karla, announced the return of the "Wins for Kids" fundraising campaign for the 2017 season, in partnership with AT&T SportsNet. The program is now in its seventh season of raising funds for Pirates Charities and The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's center for Prader-Willi Syndrome, through donations from fans and supporters. The Wins for Kids program encourages fans to contribute with a one-time donation for 2017 or monetary pledges for each Pirates win throughout the season. Fans who donate to the program will receive a variety of exciting incentives. For complete information, visit Pirates.com/WinsforKids.
· Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to $10 on tickets for Sunday thru Thursday home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
· PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save $5 PLUS get $5 in Loaded Value on select games throughout the season (excluding Friday and Saturday home games in June and July)! For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
· Sugardale All You Can Eat: The All You Can Eat Seats, presented by Sugardale, are a popular way to enjoy a game in Sections 201 through 205. Tickets include all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, ice cream and soda you can handle for one low price -- and there are dedicated All You Can Eat concession stands with a speed line approach. Please visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat for tickets and pricing.
· DICK'S Scorecard: Score exclusive savings of up to $10 off select Sunday thru Thursday regular season Pirates games with your DICK'S Sporting Goods ScoreCard. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/scorecard.
· Port Authority ConnectCard: Get specially-priced tickets with your Port Authority ConnectCard! Save up to $10 this season on Sunday thru Thursday games at PNC Park. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/connectcard.
For a complete list of the 2017 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.
The Pirates return home to PNC Park for the 11th homestand of the season as they play host to the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs for a seven-game stretch.