The Pirates return to PNC Park for the third homestand of the season, a three-game series with the Oakland Athletics and a quick two-game series with the Texas Rangers. The Bucs return home following a two-city road trip with games in Los Angeles and Arlington.
This homestand is highlighted by Star Wars Night on Saturday, May 4; Youth Baseball and Softball Day on Sunday, May 5; and afternoon baseball on Wednesday, May 8.
Friday, May 3, 2019 – Pirates vs. Oakland Athletics (7:05 p.m.)
· Free Shirt Friday: Tonight, the Pirates host another popular Free Shirt Friday as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee, presented by Peoples.
· Dollar Dog Night: As a special thank you to the fans, the Pirates will host Dollar Dog Nights, presented by Sugardale, on select Friday nights. During each Dollar Dog Night, fans can visit any North Shore concession stand throughout the ballpark and purchase regular hot dogs for just one dollar.
- Miller Lite Happy Hour: Tonight, and every Friday Night home game, the Pirates will host a special Happy Hour, presented by Miller Lite, at the Crow’s Nest from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Visit the Arnold Palmer Spiked Bar at the Crow’s Nest for live music as well as discounted cans of Miller Lite, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, Blue Moon and Arnold Palmer Spiked.
- Assists for Autism: Tonight, Corey Dickerson and his wife Beth Anne will take part in a pregame on-field check presentation to Autism Speaks for the proceeds of funds raised by their Assists for Autism initiative during April's Autism Awareness Month. They contributed $100 for every outfield assist in MLB and asked fans to join him in pledging through a public campaign. Corey will continue to donate through his Assists for Autism during the season by contributing an additional $1,000 for every Pirates assist from May through September.
- Beer Passport Night: Beer Passport ticket holders ages 21 and older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
Saturday, May 4, 2019 – Pirates vs. Oakland Athletics (7:05 p.m.)
· Opening Day: Today, from noon to 1 p.m., the Pirates will be on hand to celebrate the Pirates RBI CitiSports League Opening Day at McGibbney Field in Brookline (1400 Brookline Blvd) to celebrate the newly expanded partnership between Pittsburgh Pirates RBI and Citisports.
· Star Wars Night: Tonight, the Pirates will celebrate May 4th (May the Fourth be with You) with a special Star Wars themed night at PNC Park.
o Obi-Wan Taillon: Tonight, the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a special Jameson Taillon Star Wars bobblehead, presented by Allegheny Health Network.
o Zambelli Fireworks: Following the game, fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for a special Zambelli’s Fireworks display, presented by Allegheny Health Network, set to Star Wars theme music.
o Costume Contest: Tonight, fans can participate in a pregame Star Wars costume contest in the Jim Beam Left Field Lounge from 5:45 to 6:15 p.m. with special judge Ashley Eckstein. Eckstein is the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars Forces of Destiny. Ashley is also the wife of Pirates Special Assistant and 2006 World Series MVP, David Eckstein. The winner of the costume contest will receive a signed Jameson Taillon Star Wars bobblehead and four tickets to a future Pirates game of their choice.
· Happy Hour: Today, the Pirates will host a special Happy Hour, presented by Miller Lite, at the Crow’s Nest from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fans can visit the Arnold Palmer Spiked Bar at the Crow’s Nest for $2 cans of Strawberry Lemonade Cape Line, live music and more.
_Sunday, May 5, 2019 – Pirates vs. Oakland Athletics (1:35 p.m.) _Kids Day at PNC Park
· Youth Baseball and Softball Day: The first 1,000 players and coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field for Youth Baseball and Softball Days, presented by Augustine’s Pizza. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear their team’s jersey. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball.
o Youth Baseball and Softball participants are invited to the special pre-game Chalk Talk from 11 to 11:30 a.m. with a Pirates player and coaches. The special Q&A session will take place in the right field level box seating sections.
· Pittsburgh Marathon: Fans attending today’s game are encouraged to arrive on the North Shore after 10 a.m. due to the Pittsburgh Marathon. The marathon route around PNC Park is scheduled to be cleared by 10 a.m. and no impact on game day activities is expected.
· Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, baseball games, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, and more.
· Kids Water Bottle: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a special Pirates Play Ball water bottle, presented by Chevrolet.
· Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today’s game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Rivendale Farms.
· Autism Awareness Day: Today the Pirates will host Autism Awareness Day at PNC Park with a portion of each ticket sold thru pirates.com/Autism will benefit Autism Speaks. Autism Speaks is enhancing lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow. In coordination with Autism Awareness Day, the Pirates in-game production will not include fireworks during home runs or postgame to accommodate those fans with sensory issues.
o As part of Autism Awareness Day, Corey and Beth Anne Dickerson along with Pirates Charities are hosting the Highlands Hospital Regional Center for Autism in a luxury suite with fun baseball-themed activities during today’s game.
Monday, May 6, 2019 — Off Day
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 — Pirates vs. Texas Rangers (7:05 p.m.)
· Pup Night: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 12 Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $36 with additional human tickets available for $36 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
· Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: The Pirates continue the season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game during every Tuesday home game. Tonight, the Pirates will honor the Swissvale Girls Softball team as the Play Ball Team of the Game, presented by Nike.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 – Pirates vs. Texas Rangers (12:35 p.m.)
- Education Day: The Pittsburgh Pirates Education Days combine science, math, geography and history to create a fun and educational opportunity at PNC Park. Today, Education Day will begin at 9:30 a.m. as WPXI’s Stephen Cropper and Scott Harbaugh as well as the National Weather Service’s Fred Redden will give a live interactive weather presentation on the PNC Park scoreboard. When PNC Park gates open at 11 a.m., each student will be given an interactive workbook as their teachers guide them through the ballpark on a treasure hunt. Students will visit several locations throughout PNC Park including Legacy Square, ballpark concession stands and the weather station located behind center field. They will search for answers to a variety of questions about baseball, science, math, history, and geography. Students can continue to collect information throughout the game and answer questions pertaining to baseball statistics about Pirates players. Pirates Charities wishes to thank our underwriting partners -- PPG Industries Foundation, Chevron and Great American Opportunities -- for their generous support of this educational (and fun) initiative. For tickets and information visit pirates.com/EducationDays.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, is back for the 2019 season. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are two (2) tickets for $5, 5 tickets for $10, 20 tickets for $20 and 80 tickets for $40 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Groups at PNC
A Pirates group outing is the perfect way to entertain clients, promote teamwork, strengthen relationships, and boost morale while experiencing an unforgettable event. Companies, schools, churches, associations, and teams will all enjoy special group pricing and benefits when bringing 10 or more people to PNC Park. For more information regarding purchasing a group package, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/groups.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2018 Pirates season or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Josh Bell, Corey Dickerson, Starling Marte, Jameson Taillon and more.
Pirates Sheetz MTO Six-Packs
Pirates Sheetz MTO Six-Pack plans are priced as low as $120 and each package offers the ultimate flexibility throughout the season as fans are able to build their own plans and select from all games throughout the 2019 season. Prices for packages will vary as tickets are priced individually, per seating category, and based on the dynamic pricing system so fans are encouraged to buy early to lock in the lowest pricing by visiting pirates.com/6Pack.
- Chick-fil-A Friday Four Pack: Fans who purchase the Chick-fil-A Friday Four Pack receive four tickets to any one Pirates Friday game in April & May and get four Chick-fil-A promotional cards, each good for one Free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich Meal, to be used at local participating Chick-fil-A restaurants. To purchase a Friday Four Pack, visit pirates.com/4packs.
- Papa John’s Student Discount: Students now have the opportunity to get $10 tickets EVERY GAME, plus free offers and special discounts from Papa John's. Tickets will be delivered exclusively through the MLB Ballpark app. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/students.
- Pirates Great Taste Ticket: For only $20 per ticket, the new mobile-only ticket offer includes a seat in a great seating location at PNC Park and one complimentary beverage in the new Miller Lite Skull Bar. For more information and to purchase a Great Taste Ticket, visit pirates.com/greattaste.
- Pirates Cove (Sections 201- 205): Tickets in the right field Pirates Cove area offer a great view as well as access to the new $5 or less value items menu. Pirates Cove tickets are just $30 each and include bottomless popcorn, peanuts and soda.
- Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to half off on tickets to select home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
- PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save up to half off to all Sunday through Friday games throughout the season. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
For a complete list of the 2019 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.