The Pittsburgh Pirates and Pirates Charities announced, in conjunction with AT&T SportsNet, “Pirates Charities Night on AT&T SportsNet” will take place on Tuesday, July 2, when the Pirates host the Chicago Cubs at 7:05 p.m. at PNC Park.
AT&T SportsNet will broadcast live during the game from the Jim Beam Left Field Lounge, the location that will host the event inside PNC Park. Specially designed Pirates Home Run and Grand Slam backpacks will be available for purchase, with all proceeds benefitting Pirates Charities and local youth baseball and softball field renovation programs.
Beneficiaries include the Pirates Charities “Fields for Kids” program as well as community fields such as, the Willie Stargell Field in Homewood and the Martin Luther King Field on the North Side (Allegheny City area).
Fans can purchase backpacks in three different ways:
• Online – Fans will have the opportunity to purchase backpacks beginning on Monday, July 1 at 10 a.m. and throughout the day on Tuesday, July 2. To purchase a backpack online, please visit pirates.com/pcn. Online purchases will be available throughout the event as long as supplies last.
• By Phone – Pirates players’ wives, front office executives and other Pirates personnel will staff a phone bank inside the Jim Beam Left Field Lounge to take orders for the Home Run and Grand Slam backpacks. Phone orders begin at 5:30 p.m. by calling (412) 325-4888.
• In Person – Fans can also purchase backpacks in person at PNC Park beginning at 5 p.m. in the Left Field Lounge and on the Riverwalk directly behind the Batter’s Eye in Centerfield Home Run and Grand Slam Backpacks are available for a donation of $250 and $700, respectively.
Each backpack includes unique items exclusively designed for the “Pirates Charities Night on AT&T SportsNet” event that cannot be purchased anywhere else.
Home Run ($250) Backpacks include:
• Pirates bucket hat
• Pirates Charities hand painted ornament
• Pirates knit ankle socks
• 1979 World Series Champions commemorative
• Pirates tumbler
• Pirates bamboo cutting board
• Pirates kids’ placemats
• Pirate Parrot coin bank
• Pirates umbrella
• Pirates plush pillow
• Pirates outdoor blanket
• Pirates vintage alarm clock
• 2019 Pirates yearbook
• Roberto Clemente jigsaw puzzle
• Current Pirates player autographed baseball
• Pirates alumni autographed baseball
• Voucher good for two (2) tickets to an upcoming
Pirates 2019 regular season home game
The Grand Slam ($700) Backpacks include everything that is in a Home Run Backpack, PLUS anautographed Pirates jersey (home white with the MLB 150th season commemorative patch included) from a player of your choice. Select bags may also contain tickets for a game in the PNC Park Hyundai Club, the Pirates exclusive home plate club.
The “Fields for Kids” program is one of Pirates Charities’ signature programs and provides financial support to improve youth baseball and/or softball facilities through matching grants ranging from $1,000 to $25,000.
Since the Fields for Kids program’s inception in 2009, 347 individual grants have been distributed in the greater Pittsburgh region, in addition to 45 grants in the Pirates Spring Training Home of Bradenton, Florida since the program began there in 2011.
For complete details on the July 2 “Pirates Charities Night on AT&T SportsNet,” as well as information on the beneficiaries, please visit pirates.com/pcn.
About Pirates Charities
Pirates Charities, the philanthropic arm of the Pittsburgh Pirates, is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to strengthening the community by supporting organizations and programs aimed at improving the lives of children and adults in the Greater Pittsburgh region. Pirates Charities places a special emphasis on supporting youth programs focused on health, fitness and education by developing partnerships with those who share in our mission. In addition to helping youth, Pirates Charities provides assistance to military families and veterans and offers support to those in our community who are fighting cancer. To learn more about the Pirates positive impact in the community, visit pirates.com/community.