The Phillies and The GIANT Company are teaming up to host their annual Summer of Giving, featuring a week of charitable events being held throughout the Delaware Valley and at Citizens Bank Park.
“The GIANT Company is dedicated to making an impact in the communities they serve, and we are honored to join forces with them once again to host this great lineup of Summer of Giving events,” said Jackie Cuddeback, Vice President, Partnership Sales & Corporate Marketing, The Phillies. “Our goal is to make a difference, as well as bring lots of cheer to those who need it most.”
“At The GIANT Company, we’re driven by our purpose of connecting families for a better future, and as we continue to grow in and with the city of Philadelphia, we can’t think of a better way to live our purpose than the Phillies Summer of Giving,” said Matt Simon, Vice President Customer Experience, The GIANT Company. “We are thrilled to partner with the Phillies in this way as we work to create a brighter tomorrow for Philadelphians.”
Highlights include guest appearances by the Phillie Phanatic, 2008 World Series Champion Charlie Manuel, 1993 National League Champion Mickey Morandini and Phillies Ambassador Scott Palmer, who will bring Phillies fun to various organizations that are making a difference in the community. Participating groups include Project H.O.M.E., Nemours duPont Hospital for Children, MANNA, Special Olympics PA, and Minding Your Mind. Other happenings include a Phillies Charities Summer Sale and Christmas in July Toy Drive for fans, being held at upcoming games at Citizens Bank Park.
For more information on the Phillies in the community, please visit Phillies.com/community.
Phillies Summer of Giving presented by The GIANT Company
- Sunday, July 18: Phillies Charities Summer Sale at Citizens Bank Park. Fans coming to that day’s 1:05 p.m. game against the Miami Marlins can stop by the First Base Plaza to purchase hundreds of items signed by players such as Rhys Hoskins, Charlie Manuel, Aaron Nola and more, all to benefit Phillies Charities, Inc.! The event will be held from 11:35 a.m. until the 5th inning and feature new, team-issued and game-used baseballs, hats, and jerseys from current players and alumni (while supplies last).
- Monday, July 19: Strikeout the Stigma sponsored by Kitay Law Offices – Virtual Event for Supermarket Frontline Workers. This Phillies Community Outreach initiative is focused on bringing important conversations to the forefront about the value of healthy life habits, supporting those around us, and removing the negative connotation surrounding mental health. Panelists for this virtual session held exclusively for GIANT frontline workers include Patty Inacker of the University of Pennsylvania’s Behavioral Science Department, Andrew Onimus of Minding Your Mind, Caron Sanders from The GIANT Company, Charlie Manuel, and Scott Palmer.
- Tuesday, July 20: Project H.O.M.E Bingo Night. The Phillies are joining Project H.O.M.E. in hosting a special Phillies-themed BINGO party for those affiliated with this Philadelphia non-profit that offers permanent, subsidized housing for individuals and families who had been homeless. Attendees will receive special Phillies giveaways, as well as GIANT gift cards for all BINGO winners! The event is hosted by Scott Palmer, with special guest BINGO helpers including Mickey Morandini and the Phillie Phanatic.
- Wednesday, July 21: Seasons Pizza Lunch Delivery to Nemours duPont Hospital for Children. As a special thank you to healthcare professionals, the Phillies, along with their partners at Seasons Pizza, will be delivering 100 pizzas to behavioral health and social work teams at Nemours duPont Hospital for Children. Special guests taking part include the Phillie Phanatic, Mickey Morandini, and Scott Palmer.
- Thursday, July 22: Phillies Give Back at MANNA. Phillies Give Back is a monthly employee volunteer program where members of the Phillies Phamily go out into the community to volunteer with different non-profits. During the Summer Week of Giving, the Phillies will partner with MANNA, a former Phillies Charities, Inc. grant recipient, to work on supervised tasks that MANNA chefs assign such as chopping vegetables, packing meals, filling meal trays, making sandwiches, baking and additional tasks.
- Sunday, July 25: Phillies Ballgirls Christmas in July Toy Drive at Citizens Bank Park. This annual event features the Phillies Ballgirls, who will be collecting new, unwrapped toys at the entrance gates before and during that day’s 1:05 p.m. game against the Atlanta Braves. The toy drive benefits local organizations dedicated to improving the lives of children, with toys being distributed during the Christmas holiday.
- Tuesday, July 27: fitPham & Special Olympics Virtual Workout. Athletes from Special Olympics PA are in for a treat as Phillies Major League Strength & Conditioning Coach Dong Lien will team up with his fitPham group (a.k.a. Phillies front office employees) to host an action-packed, high-energy morning virtual workout!