LOS ANGELES – The Dodgers will open their second homestand of the season tomorrow, facing the Chicago Cubs and New York Mets. Los Angeles will join all of Major League Baseball on Saturday, April 15, and wear No. 42 on its jerseys in Dodger blue to celebrate the life and legacy of Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson.
Fans in attendance on Friday will enjoy the first of three games against the Chicago Cubs and those who purchased a special ticket pack will receive a white crewneck sweatshirt as the organization recognizes Healthcare Appreciation Night. After the game, fans will experience the season’s first Friday Night Fireworks display, presented by California Pizza Kitchen.
The Dodgers will honor the legacy of Jackie Robinson on Saturday starting with the “Play It Forward” baseball clinic at Jesse Owens Park, a Dodgers Dream Field, in conjunction with Bank of America. Fans attending the game will take home a retro Jackie Robinson jersey, sponsored by UCLA Health, and enjoy a slew of celebratory pre-game ceremonies ahead of the 6:10 p.m. start. Fifty scholars and alumni from the Jackie Robinson Foundation will be honored on the field to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the organization by circling the “42” in the outfield. Jackie’s granddaughter, Ayo Robinson, will be in attendance and throw out the first pitch.
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation will continue its efforts in supporting the Jackie Robinson Foundation by donating proceeds from the 50/50 raffle, online auction, and retail at their Homebase to help support 10 Jackie Robinson Foundation scholars. Since 1987, support from the Los Angeles Dodgers and Dodgers Foundation to the Jackie Robinson Foundation (JRF) has totaled more than $3.5 million, including Dodger Ownership’s significant contribution to the Jackie Robinson Museum and LADF’s $200,000 annual support. To date, the organization has supported 70 scholars in efforts of pursuing higher education.
Hello Kitty Night returns to Dodger Stadium on April 17 as the New York Mets come to town for a three-game set and those who purchased a special ticket pack will receive a stuffed Hello Kitty plush animal. The following night, fans will enjoy unique food and drinks throughout the stadium during Taco Tuesday, presented by Delta Air Lines, and will also receive a one-of-a-kind Vin Scully jersey, sponsored by 76, decorated with a microphone and the Hall of Fame broadcaster’s iconic saying, “It’s Time For Dodger Baseball.”
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF) is excited to continue the 50/50 raffle at every home game with increased buying opportunities, new kiosks, and added sellers. LADF’s Homebase in Centerfield Plaza will have “Buy It Now” autographed memorabilia and will debut new LADF branded merchandise including jackets, sweaters, and bobbleheads. Fans can also purchase a personalized ribbon board message at Dodgers.com/ribbonboards. Additionally, The Players Alliance and former Dodger David Price will be hosting an online auction on Dodgers.com/auction for his 2020 World Series championship ring. Net proceeds will support The Players Alliance’s mission to address baseball’s systemic barriers to equity and inclusion for Black talent.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy a host of activities and pregame ceremonies throughout the homestand. Tickets are available for all six games and can be purchased at Dodgers.com/Tickets. A schedule and full list of promotions can be found below:
Friday, April 14, 7:10 p.m. vs. Chicago Cubs
- Ticket Pack: White crewneck sweatshirt for Healthcare Appreciation Night
- Anthem: Holly Robinson Peete
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Stepanny Freeman
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Stephanny Freeman
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Kara.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Paul Lopez
- Postgame: Friday Night Fireworks presented by California Pizza Kitchen
Saturday, April 15, 6:10 p.m. vs. Chicago Cubs
- Promotion: Jackie Robinson jersey presented by UCLA Health
- Anthem: John Muir High School Early College Magnet Choir
- Pre-game ceremonies will celebrate Jackie Robinson’s legacy and the Jackie Robinson Foundation’s 50th anniversary by recognizing Foundation scholars and alumni. Jackie’s granddaughter, Ayo Robinson, will be in attendance.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Ayo Robinson
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Severe for both pre-game and post-game sets.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Captain Jawana McFadden
Sunday, April 16, 1:10 p.m. vs. Chicago Cubs
- Anthem: Ranella Ferrer
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Wiseburn Little League
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Patrick Bustad
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Hects.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Alfredo Cortes
Monday, April 17, 7:10 p.m. vs. New York Mets
- Ticket Pack: Stuffed plush Hello Kitty for Hello Kitty Night
- Anthem: Madeline Hernandez
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Hello Kitty
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Yuko and a Hello Kitty photo opportunity.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Sergio Venegas
Tuesday, April 18, 7:10 p.m. vs. New York Mets
- Promotion: Vin Scully jersey presented by 76
- Anthem: Brett Young
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Scully family members
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Vin Scully tribute video
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Ray and serve unique food and beverage options for Taco Tuesday, presented by Delta Air Lines. Mariachi Las Catrina’s will also play in the Left Field Pavilion cut-out.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Charmaine Owens
Wednesday, April 19, 12:10 p.m. vs. New York Mets
- Anthem: Camille Trust
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Ramon Ayala
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Ramon Ayala
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Anthony Aldapa