DODGERS TO HOST 10th ANNUAL LGBTQ+ NIGHT AT DODGER STADIUM ON JUNE 16
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers will play host their 10th annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night at Dodger Stadium, presented by Blue Shield of California, on Friday, June 16. Fans will enjoy a host of celebratory activities both before and after the 7:10 p.m. matchup against the San Francisco Giants. Tickets are on sale now at Dodgers.com/tickets.
LGBTQ+ Pride Night at Dodger Stadium is in partnership with Christopher Street West Association (CSW), the 501(c)3 nonprofit that’s produced the iconic LA Pride celebration for more than 50 years. LA Pride, one of the largest LGBTQ+ events in the country and Southern California, shines a spotlight on the community and its allies through music, art, and culture. Through its partnership with the Dodgers, the two organizations will host an exciting night for fans.
“The Dodgers have always championed diversity and inclusion as core values, and we're honored to showcase our dedication to fostering an inclusive environment both on and off the field during our tenth annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night,” said Erik Braverman, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Communications, Community Relations, and Broadcasting. “We're thrilled to unite with LA Pride and our community partners for an unforgettable celebration that shines a spotlight on the strength and resilience of the LGBTQ+ community. Together, we'll continue to knock down barriers and foster an atmosphere of acceptance for all.”
The Dodgers and LA Pride will partner to host an official LA Pride Party in the Centerfield Plaza at Dodger Stadium beginning at 5:30 p.m. to continue celebrating Pride Month. The party will feature DJ Bowie Jane and serve specialty drinks with commemorative Pride Night cups. Fans who purchase a special ticket pack at dodgers.com/LAPride will receive an exclusive Dodger LGBTQ+ jersey upon entering stadium gates.
The Dodgers, and owners lifelong advocates for LGBTQ+ equality, Billie Jean King and Ilana Kloss, will honor multiple personalities and organizations throughout the night. Gerald Garth, the CSW Board President, will be recognized for his work within the LGBTQ+ community. The Los Angeles chapter of The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence will receive this year’s Community Hero Award for their countless hours of community service, ministry, and outreach to those on the edges, in addition to promoting human rights and respect for diversity and spiritual enlightenment.
Other special guests for the evening include Billy Bean, former Dodger outfielder and one of the only Major League players to come out publicly after his playing career. Bean currently serves as Major League Baseball’s Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Special Assistant to the Commissioner. David Archuleta, a multi-platinum, international recording artist, will sing the National Anthem. The Military Hero of The Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades, will be Marine Coprs Sergeant Rechelle Hoppers. Additional guests will be honored on the field and in the stands throughout the game.
The second ever Friday Night Drone show, presented by California Pizza Kitchen, will light up the sky after the conclusion of the game and will feature a special music mix by DJ Bowie Jane. Fans are invited to watch the spectacular show on the field immediately following the game.
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation will once again donate 50% of the proceeds of the 50/50 raffle to The Los Angeles LGBT Center, the world’s largest provider of programs and services for LGBT individuals. The Center’s nearly 800 employees, along with thousands of volunteers and supporters, are an unstoppable force in the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world; a world in which LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society. In 2022, LADF’s raffle raised over $66,000 on Pride Night.
The Dodgers will also welcome many partners for this special night, including:
- The Los Angeles LGBT Center - the world’s largest provider of programs and services for LGBTQ people—the Center’s nearly 700 employees, along with thousands of volunteers and supporters, are an unstoppable force in the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world; a world in which LGBT people can be healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
- Outsports – a sports news website focusing on LGBTQ+ issues and personalities in amateur and professional sports. Outsports is the world’s leading gay-sports publication.
- The Sports Equality Foundation (SEF) - an organization dedicated toempowering LGBTQ+ athletes, coaches and sports leaders to inspire the world, demonstrating that equality in sports transforms everyday culture to be more inclusive for all.
- **The Greater Los Angeles Softball Association (GLASA)**- a gay and lesbian slow-pitch softball league committed to providing an opportunity for both gay and non-gay participants to compete in an environment conducive to the gay community.
- O**utLOUD Sports** - the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ Recreational Sports league, established in 2007. With thousands of members, OutLOUD Sports is committed to connecting players of all ages and skill levels, gay or straight, with new ways to socialize and play. A pregame kickball game with select members of OutLOUD Sports will take place in the outfield following the Dodgers’ and Giants’ batting practice on June 16.
- Gym Sports Bar and Grill - one of the largest LGBTQ+ sports bar the country, located in the heart of West Hollywood.
For more information, please visit dodgers.com/LAPride.
About Christopher Street West (CSW)/LA Pride:
Christopher Street West Association (CSW), a 501(c)3 nonprofit, organized the world’s first permitted parade advocating for gay rights on June 28, 1970, to commemorate the Stonewall Rebellion on Christopher Street in New York City the year prior. Over 50 years later, CSW remains an active voice for the LGBTQ+ community of Greater Los Angeles. While best known for producing the iconic LA Pride Parade celebration & Pride in the Park (the largest Pride music event in the country), they also organize, sponsor or support community events throughout the year, and work with their nonprofit, philanthropic, and community partners to further diversity, equity, and inclusion. Visit lapride.org for more information.
About the Los Angeles Dodgers:
The Los Angeles Dodgers franchise, with seven World Series championships and 24 National League pennants since its beginnings in Brooklyn in 1890, is committed to a tradition of pride and excellence. The Dodgers, baseball’s 2020 World Champions, were recognized as ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year and are dedicated to supporting a culture of winning baseball, providing a first-class, fan-friendly experience at Dodger Stadium, and building a strong partnership with the community. With the highest cumulative fan attendance in Major League Baseball history, and a record of breaking barriers, the Dodgers are one of the most cherished sports franchises in the world. Visit the Dodgers online at www.dodgers.com, follow them on Twitter @Dodgers and like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Dodgers. For media information, visit www.dodgerspressbox.com