Come cheer on the Phillies as they continue their hunt for red October as they take on the Atlanta Braves during a four-game series that begins September 22 at Citizens Bank Park. Here’s a look at the promotions and fun surrounding the final homestand of the regular season, as well as other know-before-you-go information.
1. The Phillies will honor their 2022 Paul Owens, John Vukovich, and Dallas Green Award recipients on-field prior to Thursday’s 7:15 p.m. game, which is a national FOX broadcast. Plus, it’s Mystery Theme Night and the sold-out Phillies #CollegeSeries sponsored by Temple University’s Fox School of Business.
• Infielder Darick Hall and right-handed pitcher Andrew Painter will be recognized for being Paul Owens Award winners, presented annually to the organization’s top minor league player and pitcher. Presenting the awards will be Phillies Vice President and General Manager Sam Fuld and Assistant General Manager Jorge Velandia.
• Manager for the single-A Clearwater Threshers Marty Malloy will be presented with the John Vukovich Award, presented annually to an instructor in the Phillies organization who embodies the characteristics of the award’s namesake: loyalty, dedication, competitiveness, knowledge, honesty and a terrific work ethic. The award will be presented by Fuld and Velandia, as well as by Vukovich’s daughter Nikki Stollarick and grandson John Vukovich.
• Phillies Area Scout Zach Friedman will be presented with the Dallas Green Award by Phillies’ Director of Amateur Scouting Brian Barber. The award is presented annually to an amateur or professional scout who best exemplifies the Phillies’ standard for scouting while demonstrating the same loyalty, work ethic, dedication and passion as the award’s namesake.
In addition, the first 1,000 fans to buy a special theme night ticket will receive a mystery item from a former theme night. To purchase a theme night ticket, click here.
2. The Phillies will honor local youth teams that have reached their state championships and above before Friday’s 7:05 p.m. game as part of the team’s Salute to Champions Night. Also happening: Phillies Charities, Inc. will present their Major League and Minor League Community Service Awards.
• Congratulations to the following softball and baseball championship teams that will be honored on-field: Cal Ripken World Series Champions Marlton Chiefs 10U, Springfield-Ford Youth Athletic League Softball 10U, Aston-Middleton Little League 11U District team, Naamans Allstars 12U, Springfield Blue Sox and Mifflin County 14U All Stars.
• Phillies Charities, Inc. President John Weber will present the team’s Major League Community Service Award to pitcher Kyle Gibson, also the club’s 2022 Roberto Clemente Award nominee. The Phillies Step Up Award winners, minor league players with the highest number of community service hours, will also be recognized: Uziel Viloria, Jersey Shore BlueClaws; Kevin Vicuña, Reading Fightin Phils; and Jonathan Hennigan, Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
3. Stop by the Budweiser Block Party presented by Michelob Ultra at the Batter’s Eye behind Section 148, with entertainment from DJ HBK, before Saturday’s 4:05 p.m. game! Plus, it’s Temple Lung Center Night and fans can bid on signed memorabilia at the final 2022 Phillies Charities, Inc. Auction!
• Temple Health will be offering lung cancer screenings on Citizens Bank Way.
• Also, check out the Phillies Charities, Inc. Auction display, featuring signed items by Nick Castellanos, Bryce Harper, Aaron Nola, J.T Realmuto, at the First Base Plaza. Fans can bid on the auction at phillies.com/auctions until noon on Monday, September 26.
4. Get ready for surprises and prizes on Fan Appreciation Day at Sunday’s 1:05 p.m. regular season finale, with all fans receiving a 2023 schedule magnet. In addition, the Phillies’ 25-year and 50-year employees will be recognized on-field as well as Adele MacDonald, the club’s 2022 Richie Ashburn & David Montgomery Special Achievement Award recipient.
• Phillies Manager of the Executive Office Adele MacDonald be presented with the Richie Ashburn & David Montgomery Special Achievement Award, given annually to an employee who demonstrates the same loyalty, dedication and passion for baseball as the award’s namesakes. Making the presentation will be Lyn Montgomery, wife of the late Phillies Chairman David Montgomery, John Ashburn, son of the late Phillies Hall of Famer and broadcaster Richie Ashburn, Phillies Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer John Middleton and Phillies Executive Vice President Dave Buck.
• The Phillies will also recognize their 25-year employees Paul Bendetti, guest services; Betty Jackson, host supervisor; and Tina McHugh, hostess, as well as 50-year employee Corliss Hobbs, director of hosts and hostesses.
5. Plus, as part of Fan Appreciation Weekend, visit the New Era Phillies Team Store for a special thank you fans offer: Buy two items and get one FREE, valid September 23-25. Note: Third item must be of equal or lesser value and some exclusions apply.
Other need-to-know information:
• Mobile Ordering Now Available for Shake Shack. Order your favorite Shake Shack menu items and skip the line via the MLB Ballpark App. Simply touch the Mobile Ordering tile in the Ballpark App, select your food and beverage choice, and pay using a credit card or Apple Pay/Google Pay.
• Broadcast: The game on 9/22 will be broadcast on FOX, 94 WIP and WTTM 1680. The games on 9/23-24 will be broadcast on NBCSP, 94 WIP and WTTM 1680; The game on 9/25 will also be broadcast on NBCSP, MLBN (out-of-market only), 1210 WPHT. Games will be available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app.
• To Expedite Entry: Guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, into the ballpark. Only clutch purses (12”x 12” x 1”), fanny packs, medical bags, clear or solid tote bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
• Access Tickets & More: Use the free MLB Ballpark app as your guide to Citizens Bank Park to access tickets, forward to friends, use the interactive concourse maps and enjoy games.
• Parking Lots: Parking for Phillies games is cashless. Methods of payment include credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay). To expedite entry, pre-paid parking passes may also be purchased prior to the game. Tailgating lots (M, N & O) will open 5 hours prior to first pitch and non-tailgating lots will open 3 hours prior.
• Gate Openings: The gates on 9/22-23 open 5:35 p.m.; All gates on 9/24-25 open 90 minutes before game time.
• Stay Informed! Follow @PhilliesCBP on Twitter and like the official Citizens Bank Park Facebook page.
• Safety Guidelines: In accordance with the City’s safety guidelines, fans are strongly encouraged to wear masks in indoor spaces at the ballpark including the Diamond Club, retail stores, elevators and restrooms. Fans are reminded to bring their own mask if they will be at one of the previously mentioned areas at Citizens Bank Park.