Miami Marlins to celebrate the start of baseball across the South Florida community with a week-long FanFest Caravan
Caravan concludes with FanFest on Saturday, February 11; Fans can claim their complimentary tickets now at Marlins.com/FanFest
MIAMI – Before welcoming fans back to loanDepot park at FanFest on Saturday, February 11, the Miami Marlins are heading out across South Florida to hang out with fans and celebrate the start of the baseball season! The Marlins FanFest Caravan starts on Saturday, February 4 and features Marlins players, coaches, alumni, and front office staff with visits to local schools, little leagues, festivals and more!
“As the community’s team, we are excited to spread the excitement for baseball across South Florida as we get ready for the season to begin,” said Caroline O’Connor, Marlins President of Business Operations. “In appreciation of the support from our fans, we are going to take Marlins Baseball to local businesses, restaurants, schools, parks and more, to share the passion for the game! We’re looking forward to seeing all our great fans around the community and gathering together at FanFest on February 11.”
The fun begins on Saturday, February 4, with the celebration of Opening Day of the Marlins Youth Academy Spring Tee Ball Initiative presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Howard Palmetto Baseball & Softball Association. The future All-Stars will get a special welcome from the Marlins as they prepare to begin their season and take the field in their Marlins jerseys. The caravan concludes with FanFest on the following Saturday, when fans get to visit loanDepot park to hang out with players and alumni, take the field to show off their skills, and walk the ballpark for their first chance to check out new merchandise and concessions items! Fans can claim their complimentary tickets to FanFest now at Marlins.com/FanFest.
Here is the lineup of community activities taking place during Marlins Caravan:
- Saturday, February 4
- Opening Day of the Marlins Youth Academy Spring Tee Ball Initiative presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Howard Palmetto Baseball & Softball Association (Coral Reef Park) – 10 a.m.
- ArtLit 2023 at South Regional Broward College Library (Pembroke Pines) – 12 p.m.
- Sunday, February 5
- Opening Day of the Marlins Youth Academy Spring Tee Ball Initiative presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at North Miami Beach Little League (Allen Park) – 11 a.m.
- Sedano’s Supermarket Marlins Takeover (950 East 4th Avenue, Hialeah, Fla.) – 12 p.m.
- Monday, February 6
- Black History Month School Activity at Poinciana Park Elementary – a Miami Marlins Foundation Slugger Schoolhouse presented by PNC Bank – 9 a.m.
- Versailles Ventanita Marlins Takeover – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 7
- Marlins Baseball to Business Breakfast in PNC Club at loanDepot park – 8 a.m.
- Field Day presented by Accident Medical Group at Doral Meadow Park – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8
- Community Newspapers Breakfast at CasaCuba (South Miami) – 8 a.m.
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, February 9
- University of Miami Health System (UHealth) Farmer’s Market – 12 p.m.
- Burgerliscious 11 Block Party in Downtown Coral Gables presented by Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce (ticketed event) – 5:30 p.m.
- Marlins Night at Florida Panthers game (ticketed event) – 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 10
- PNC Bank Marlins Takeover (800 Brickell Ave, Ste 106, Miami, Fla.) – 11 a.m.
- Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Marlins Takeover – 6 p.m.
For more information on FanFest, including a list of events and ticket information, please visit Marlins.com/FanFest.