Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, July 23rd:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 10,939.
• 6 of these 10,939 samples, which is 0.05%, have been new positives.
• 4 positives were players and 2 were staff members.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 28,888.
• 29 of these 28,888 samples, which is 0.1%, have been new positives.
• 22 of the 29 positives have been players and 7 have been staff members.
• 17 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.
ALL TESTING TO DATE
Combining the totals of previously completed Intake Screening and ongoing Monitoring Testing, the results are as follows:
• The total number of new positive tests is 99, which is 0.3% of the 32,640 samples since the beginning of Intake Screening on June 27th.
• Among the 99 positives, 84 have been players and 15 have been staff members.
• 28 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive in Intake Screening or during Monitoring Testing.