July 8, 2021 -- Unparalleled on-field access to the 91st Midsummer Classic, the MLB Draft & SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game, and the debut of Tatis: The Rise of El Niño headlines Major League Baseball’s All-Star week on MLB Network. Programming highlights include:
Sunday, July 11 -- For the first time, MLB Network will produce the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game and the MLB Draft on the same date.
- 2021 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game: MLB Network will exclusively air the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game live Sunday, July 11, at 3 p.m. ET from Coors Field. Scott Braun (play-by-play), Yonder Alonso (analyst), Jonathan Mayo (analyst) and Heidi Watney (reporter) will call the action. The game, which will be the 222nd installment of the annual event, features the top Minor League prospects in baseball. MLB Network’s telecast will feature sound from players and managers Vinny Castilla and LaTroy Hawkins wearing mics throughout the game, plus bonus player content will be featured across MLB Network’s social media platforms. MLB Network has been the exclusive television home of the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game since 2014.
- 2021 MLB Draft: For the 13th consecutive year, MLB Network will produce comprehensive coverage presented by Dove Men + Care of the MLB Draft. MLB Network will air the first round and Competitive Balance Round A on Sunday, July 11, beginning live at 7 p.m. ET from the Bellco Theatre in Denver. MLB Network’s Greg Amsinger, Lauren Gardner, Dan O’Dowd, Harold Reynolds, Vanderbilt head baseball coach Tim Corbin, Baseball America’s Carlos Collazo and MLB Pipeline’s Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo will provide pick-by-pick analysis and breakdowns throughout the night. Footage from Club draft rooms, extensive highlight packages, and interviews with newly drafted players and front office personnel will be part of the telecast. Draft preview coverage on Sunday, July 11, will begin at 11 a.m. ET, with a one-hour program featuring MLB.com’s ranking of the top 100 Draft prospects, followed by a Draft preview show presented by Dove Men + Care at 6 p.m. ET leading up to the first selection. MLB Network will also air Round 2 of the MLB Draft on Monday, July 12, live at 1 p.m. ET. Each prior year since its 2009 debut, MLB Network has televised the MLB Draft from its Secaucus, New Jersey, studios.
Monday, July 12 -- MLB Network will air seven straight live hours of coverage from Denver leading up to the T-Mobile Home Run Derby beginning at 2 p.m. ET.
- Gatorade All-Star Workout Day: Unparalleled on-field access, analysis, breakdowns and interviews will be featured across All-Star Media Day (2 p.m. ET), High Heat presented by Liberty Mutual (3:30 p.m. ET), Intentional Talk presented by loanDepot (5 p.m. ET) and MLB Tonight presented by T-Mobile (6 p.m. ET) from Coors Field. MLB Network’s lineup of personalities will include Hall of Famer and eight-time All-Star Pedro Martinez, former AL All-Star Yonder Alonso, former NL All-Star Cliff Floyd, 2004 World Series champion Kevin Millar, three-time All-Star Dan Plesac, two-time All-Star Harold Reynolds, and hosts Greg Amsinger, Scott Braun, Fran Charles, Lauren Gardner, Brian Kenny, Stephen Nelson, Alanna Rizzo, Christopher Russo and Heidi Watney.
Tuesday, July 13 -- MLB Network will air more than five hours of live coverage around the MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard.
- The 2021 MLB All-Star Red Carpet Show (3 p.m. ET), High Heat presented by Liberty Mutual (4 p.m. ET), Intentional Talk presented by loanDepot (5 p.m. ET) and MLB Tonight presented by Mastercard (6 p.m. ET and post-game) headline MLB Network’s wall-to-wall coverage the day of the 91st All-Star Game. All-Stars will participate in MLB Network’s pre- and post-game coverage, including stopping by the MLB Network set for live interviews and sharing hitting, pitching and fielding tips on-field during batting practice. For the MLB All-Star Red Carpet, MLB Network’s Cliff Floyd and Yonder Alonso will chat with the All-Stars about their fashion choices for content across MLB Network’s social media platforms.
Wednesday, July 14 -- Tatis: The Rise of El Niño debuts on MLB Network at 8 p.m. ET.
- Tatis: The Rise of El Niño: A new MLB Network Presents documentary presented by Gatorade on how 22-year-old San Diego Padres shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. has established himself as one of Major League Baseball’s brightest stars debuts on Wednesday, July 14, at 8 p.m. ET. The program takes an in-depth look at the one-of-a-kind passion, joy, and breathtaking skills Tatis Jr. displays on a nightly basis that has electrified the sports world. The powerful bond Tatis Jr. shares with his father and 11-year MLB veteran Fernando Tatis Sr. is explored, as is his path from growing up in the Dominican Republic to receiving 2020 All-MLB Team honors and signing a record-breaking contract extension this past February. Tatis: The Rise of El Niño marks the second-ever MLB Network Presents program focusing on a current player following the 2017 debut of Mike Trout: Millville to MVP. A trailer for Tatis: The Rise of Niño can be viewed here.
- Leading up to Tatis: The Rise of El Niño, Bettor’s Eye: Second Half Preview presented by BetMGM will debut at 6 p.m. ET, followed by Plays of the First Half presented by Gillette at 7 p.m. ET.
Thursday, July 15
- Highlights from All-Star week will be featured on MLB Network’s kids-focused program Play Ball presented by Nike on Thursday, July 15 at 2 p.m. ET, followed by MLB Network Breakdown at 2:30 p.m. ET.
MLB Network will complement its on-air All-Star programming with extensive content across its social media platforms, including behind-the-scenes photos and moments with All-Stars and MLB Network personalities. MLB Network’s programming is available for live, authenticated streaming via the MLB app and MLBNetwork.com.