The Pittsburgh Pirates today announced the nine winners of the 12th annual Pirates Community Commitment Program (PCCP) award. The 2019 award recipients will be recognized by the organization before tonight’s game in a pregame on-field ceremony at PNC Park.
Each year, the Pirates acknowledge players from each of their minor league affiliates as the recipients of the organization’s annual PCCP Awards. This program encourages players throughout the Pirates’ system to emulate Roberto Clemente’s legacy of community service.
The PCCP award recipients are quality individuals on and off the field who have completed countless hours of community service, demonstrated leadership of community involvement among teammates, and has gone above and beyond the normal requirements while participating in the Pirates Community Commitment Program.
Each player has completed a minimum of 10 hours of community service in their respective affiliate’s community during this season.
The Pirates minor league players receiving this year’s PCCP awards include:
• Hunter Owen, Indianapolis Indians (AAA)
• Bligh Madris, Altoona Curve (AA)
• Joe Jacques, Bradenton Marauders (High-A)
• Will Gardner, Greensboro Grasshoppers (Low-A)
• Jesus Valles, West Virginia Black Bears (Short Season-A)
• Santiago Florez, Bristol Pirates (Rookie League)
• Tilsaimy Melfor, Gulf Coast League Pirates (Rookie League)
• Valentin Linares and Randy Romero, Dominican Summer League Pirates
For more information about Pirates Charities please visit pirates.com/community.