The Pirates return home today for a seven-game homestand, starting with a four-game series against the Chicago Cubs, followed by a three-game series against the Cincinnati Reds. The homestand will kick off with a special Pirates Clemente Day Celebration. Weekend highlights include Star Wars theme night and a Doug Drabek Cy Young Bobblehead giveaway. The weekend will conclude with Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, September 25 with surprises and giveaways throughout the game, courtesy of PNC.
Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022 – Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (6:35 p.m.)
• Pirates Clemente Day Celebrations: The Pirates will use their first home game since the League-wide Clemente Day on September 15 to honor the life and legacy of Pirates great, Roberto Clemente through various touchpoints:
o 2022 Roberto Clemente Award Finalist: Pirates Chairman, Bob Nutting, will present Pirates 2022 Clemente Award Nominee, David Bednar, with the Clemente Award pregame. Since 1971, the Roberto Clemente Award is bestowed annually to the player who best represents the game of Baseball through extraordinary character, community involvement, philanthropy and positive contributions, both on and off the field. Every year, each MLB Club nominates a player to be considered for the Award in tribute to Clemente's achievements and character. The Pittsburgh Pirates nominated the proud Pittsburgh local, David Bednar, who has shown exemplary commitment to his city of Pittsburgh through efforts such as donating equipment to his very own elementary school in Mars, coaching miracle league athletes at the Miracle League Fantasy Camp, hosting pediatric cancer patients for unique experiences at the ballpark, and more.
o Clemente Jersey Auction: Jerseys worn by Pirates players and coaches on Clemente Day on September 15 will be auctioned off, with all proceeds benefiting the Roberto Clemente Foundation. Fans can begin placing bids at pirates.com/jerseyauction on September 22, with the auction closing at 5:00 p.m. on September 25.
• Clean Energy Action Forum comes to PNC Park: The city of Pittsburgh is hosting the first-ever Clean Energy Action Forum this week at the David Lawerance Convention Center. As part of the conference activities, the Pirates are proud to host United States Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm and Ukrainian Minister German Galushchenko along with a student delegate for a special on field recognition prior to the game.
• Hispanic Heritage Night: Celebrate Hispanic Heritage at PNC Park. This special event ticket includes a special Pirates Hispanic Heritage Night themed hat and $5 in Loaded Value to be used at the ballpark.
• Sugardale Dollar Dog Night: Fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs at select concession stands throughout PNC Park during Thursday night games, courtesy of Sugardale.
Friday, Sept. 23, 2022 – Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (6:35 p.m.)
• Be the Match for Jax: The Pirates will host a swabbing event with Be The Match at PNC Park in hopes of finding a possible bone marrow donor for Pittsburgh native Jackson “Jax” Ramirez, a young boy diagnosed with IPEX, whose mixed Hispanic heritage combined with the lack of diversity in the donor pool has created difficulty in finding a donor. The Pirates and Be The Match have come together in an effort to find Jax a donor and to spread awareness of the innovative, simple, and pain-free ways people are able to join the bone marrow registry and ultimately become a donor. Fans in attendance can visit Be The Match under the Left Field Bleachers or along the Riverwalk to swab and see if they are a potential donor.
• Slippery Rock University Night: Alumni, students and fans of Slippery Rock University will gather at PNC Park and enjoy an exclusive ticket offer, that includes a co-branded Pirates/Slippery Rock water bottle and access to a pregame happy hour in the Left Field Lounge! A portion from each ticket purchased will benefit Slippery Rock University.
• Star Wars Night: The Pirates will host Star Wars Night at PNC. Each ticket purchased through this special offer will receive a Star Wars themed Pirates T-shirt. Characters from the 501 Legion will be on hand for photo ops and in game apperances.
• Miller Lite Happy Hour: Fans can arrive early and enjoy the Miller Lite Happy Hour in the Crow’s Nest, featuring drink specials, live music and more from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
• Donnie Iris First Pitch: Pittsburgh music legend Donnie Iris will be on hand to throw out the first pitch and celebrate his 80th birthday at PNC Park!
Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022 – Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (6:35 p.m.)
• Doug Drabek Cy Young Bobblehead: The Pirates celebrate the 1990 Cy Young winner Doug Drabek with a special bobblehead for the first 20,000 Fans, presented by AT&T SportsNet. To signify this moment, Doug Drabek will also throw the first pitch to AT&T SportsNet personality Robby Incmikoski.
• Point Park University Night: Alumni, students and fans of Point Park University will gather at PNC Park and enjoy an exclusive ticket offer, that includes a co-branded Pirates/Point Park water bottle and access to a pregame happy hour in the Left Field Lounge! A portion from each ticket purchased will benefit Point Park University.
• Jim Beam Block Party: Head to the game early and enjoy a Jim Beam Block Party featuring live music, food trucks, alumni autographs and more.
Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022 – Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (1:35 p.m.)
• Fan Appreciation Day: For Fan Appreciation Day, presented by PNC, fans can get $10 tickets on September 25, or any home game after that as we celebrate and thank our fans for another season of Pirates Baseball. Throughout the game there will be special surprises and prize giveaways. As part of Fan Appreciation Day, Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive Photo Fest with members of the Pirates. After the game, select winners will be awarded jerseys off the players backs.
• Kids Day: Get to Federal Street early to enjoy the Family Fun Zone with fun and activities for the whole family. Enjoy balloon artists, face painters, inflatables and more.
• Carnegie Mellon University Day: Alumni, students and fans of Carnegie Mellon University will gather at PNC Park and enjoy an exclusive ticket offer, that includes a co-branded Pirates/CMU water bottle and access to a pregame happy hour in the Left Field Lounge! A portion from each ticket purchased will benefit Carnegie Mellon University.
Monday, Sept. 26, 2022 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (6:35 p.m.)
• Military Monday: Pirates Charities will host the final Military Monday where they will celebrate the work of Guardian Angels Service Dogs and support the organization with a $10,000 donation. Additionally, Pirates Charities will join forces with TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) to honor fallen hero United States Army Captain Jason West and his family pregame.
Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (6:35 p.m.)
• Irish Heritage Night: Celebrate Irish Heritage at PNC Park. This special event ticket includes a special Pirates Irish Heritage Night themed hat and $5 in Loaded Value to be used at the ballpark.