DENVER – The Colorado Rockies will celebrate Opening Day at Coors Field on Friday, April 8 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers, with first pitch at 2:10 p.m. preceded by Opening Day celebrations at McGregor Square and pregame on-field ceremonies. The two teams will also face off Saturday, April 9 at 6:10 p.m. and Sunday, April 10 at 1:10 p.m. to round out 2022 Opening Weekend in Denver.
Opening Day festivities at Coors Field are highlighted by a 2022 Magnet Schedule Giveaway (presented by Arrow Electronics), a pre-game flyover conducted by the 140th Wing of the Colorado Air National Guard out of Buckley Space Force Base and a ceremonial first pitch from Denver Broncos quarterback and former Rockies draft pick Russell Wilson.
For easiest entry on Opening Day, fans are strongly encouraged to arrive at least one hour early and plan to be in their seats by 1:15 p.m. as Opening Day pregame ceremonies begin promptly at 1:20 p.m.
Opening Day Event Timeline
9 a.m. - Coors Field parking lots open
11 a.m. - Opening Day festivities begins at McGregor Square presented by Coors Light
- Featuring games and activities for all ages
11:15 a.m. - Rockies Batting Practice
12 p.m. - All gates open
12:20 p.m. - Dodgers Batting Practice
1:20 p.m. - Pregame Ceremonies begin
- First pitch by 2022 Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver Youth of the Year award winner, Angel Armenta
- First pitch by Rockies Season Ticket Holder, David Roitman
- Girl Scouts of Colorado recognition, presented by Arrow Electronics
- First pitch by Girl Scouts of America Gold Award recipient, Genesis Rodriguez
- Introductions of Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies
- Moment of recognition and appreciation for Rockies fans.
- Honor Guard and presentation of flag with support from U.S. Armed Service Members and local first responders
- National anthem performed by Stellar Brass with Technical Sergeant Kayla Richardson, representing the United States Air Force Academy Band in Colorado Springs
- Planned flyover conducted by the 140th Wing of the Colorado Air National Guard out of Buckley Space Force Base
- First pitch by Denver Broncos quarterback and former Rockies draft pick, Russell Wilson
2:08 p.m. - Rockies take the field
2:10 p.m. - Play ball!
- 7th Inning Stretch - Hero of the Game honoree, Technical Sergeant Jania Dudley and “God Bless America” performed by Technical Sergeant Kayla Richardson
- Mid-8th Break - Flyover pilots and staff recognition
The Opening Weekend series will continue against the Dodgers through Saturday and Sunday, April 9 - 10. All three of the Rockies’ Opening Weekend games will be broadcast live on AT&T SportsNet. The Rockies’ radio broadcast is on KOA NewsRadio 850 AM and 94.1 FM, as well as in Spanish on KNRV 1150 AM.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- For easiest entry on Opening Day, fans are strongly encouraged to arrive at least one hour early and plan to be in their seats by 1:15 p.m. as Opening Day pregame ceremonies begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.
- All Rockies tickets are digital in 2022. Fans are encouraged to access their digital tickets BEFORE they head to the game. Download the MLB Ballpark app on your smartphone for ticket access.
- CLEAR members can enter through a dedicated lane located at Gate C. In addition, fans can enroll for CLEAR stadium access at Gate C free of charge for use of the lane on Opening Day and throughout the season.
- Masks are not required inside Coors Field, though they are encouraged for those who feel more comfortable wearing one.
- Only single-pocket, medical and diaper bags that are no larger than 16”x16”x8” can be brought into the ballpark. Backpacks and other multi-pocket bags, including multi-pocket purses, are NOT permitted. All permitted bags will be subject to search.
- Coors Field is a cashless facility. New this season, Apple Pay will be accepted in all ballpark retail and concession locations.
While Opening Day is anticipated to be a sellout crowd, large crowds are anticipated for both Saturday and Sunday. To purchase tickets as well as view the remainder of the 2022 Colorado Rockies schedule, visit Rockies.com.