CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox today announced highlights scheduled for the Wintrust Crosstown Series vs. the Cubs, beginning Friday, August 27 at 7:10 p.m. CT.
With three consecutive home games scheduled at Guaranteed Rate Field between Friday, August 27 and Sunday, August 29, fans are encouraged to be in their seats at least 30 minutes prior to each first pitch for the following pregame ceremonies:
Friday, August 27 – Game scheduled for 7:10 p.m. CT
- Ceremonial first pitch by Chicago’s own Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum recording artist Jeremih
- National Anthem sung by Aya Ito, a Japanese and Black American multilingual, multi-genre, Chicago-based vocalist and songwriter
Saturday, August 28 – Game scheduled for 6:10 p.m. CT
- Ceremonial first pitches by former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman, three-time Stanley Cup champion and Hockey Hall of Fame legend Chris Chelios and Puerto Rican singer and songwriter and Latin Grammy Award winner Jhay Cortez
- National Anthem sung by BJRNCK, a Chicago-native R&B singer and songwriter signed by ATS Records/HITCO
Sunday, August 29 – Game scheduled for 1:10 p.m. CT
- Ceremonial first pitch by Ayo Dosunmu, a Chicago-native, former University of Illinois All-American guard and the second round draft pick (No. 38 overall) of the Chicago Bulls in the 2021 NBA Draft
- National Anthem and “God Bless America” sung by retired U.S. Army Captain Mary Ann Hotaling, winner of Ms. Veteran America 2020
Chicago White Sox Charities (CWSC) will offer a $50,000 guaranteed jackpot for the Friday, August 27 Sox Split 50/50 Raffle, presented by Wintrust. The guaranteed jackpot opens to fans today, Thursday, August 26 at 10 a.m. CT and concludes at the end of the seventh inning on Friday, August 27. In-person sales are available at the ballpark, and ticket specials can be purchased in increments of 100 for $20 and 350 for $50. Sox Split tickets also are available through the MLB Ballpark app and online for Illinois residents at whitesox.com/soxsplit.com. The winning ticket for the cumulative jackpot amounted over the two-day stretch will be displayed in-park, online and on Twitter at @soxcharities. The Sox Split jackpot on Sunday, August 29, in partnership with Wintrust, will help support Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), a non-profit committed to creating, finding and supporting programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. A portion of the proceeds from the Sunday jackpot will benefit RMHC.
This year’s Wintrust Crosstown Series introduces a new “Crosstown Trophy” created by Wintrust and awarded annually to the Club that wins the overall season series or retains the Trophy in the event of a series tie. The result of a fan vote in early 2020, the new design will be unveiled following one of the games in this weekend’s finale at Guaranteed Rate Field.
With large crowds expected this weekend, fans are encouraged to arrive early. Helpful reminders for fans visiting Guaranteed Rate Field include:
- Gates open 90 minutes before the games. Fans are encouraged to enter the ballpark early during the Wintrust Crosstown Series.
- The City of Chicago requires all individuals to wear face masks in indoor, public settings, regardless of their vaccination status. Fans can learn more about this public health order and the White Sox commitment to new and enhanced health measures and protocols by visiting whitesox.com/safety.
- Public transportation and ridesharing are recommended. Fans can plan ahead by visiting whitesox.com/transportation for more information about how to get to the ballpark. Fans taking Uber to a White Sox game receive a $5 voucher to use at concession stands that day by presenting their Uber receipt at the Gate 5 Box Office, Window 41.
- The White Sox have updated Guaranteed Rate Field’s parking policy. Fans can visit whitesox.com/parking for more information about parking and for directions to their designated parking lot. Lots open two hours before the start of every game.
For the most up-to-date information about the 2021 fan experience at Guaranteed Rate Field, including details about mobile ticketing, public transportation, rideshare services, concessions and more, visit whitesox.com/ballpark.
White Sox single-game, premium tickets and group tickets all are available for the remainder of the season. Fans who purchase a 2022 ticket package will be eligible for 2021 postseason tickets. For more information, visit whitesox.com/tickets.