As the Giants conclude their final weekend of the 2019 season with games against the Los Angeles Dodgers there are many special events scheduled at Oracle Park. Please find details for each below.
Friday, September 27 (Willie Mac Award)
- The Willie Mac Award will be presented during a pre-game on field ceremony to a Giants player who best exemplifies the inspiration, character and leadership that Willie McCovey demonstrated during his playing days in San Francisco. This will be the first time since Willie McCovey’s passing that the award will be presented by someone other than McCovey himself. It is only fitting that in one of his final games as Manager of the Giants, the 2019 Willie Mac Award will be presented by Skipper Bruce Bochy. Past Willie Mac Award winners scheduled to participate in the ceremony include: Mike Krukow, Mike Felder, Dave Dravecky, Darrell Evans, Mark Gardner, Mark Leiter, Chris Speier, Shawon Dunston, Javier Lopez, Ryan Vogelsong, Marvin Benard, Robby Thompson, Andres Torres, Omar Vizquel, Ellis Burks, Buster Posey, Madison Bumgarner, Brandon Crawford and Will Smith.
Saturday, September 28 (Wall of Fame Ceremony & Key to the City Presentation)
- The Giants Wall of Fame Ceremony will honor the late former President and Managing General Partner Peter A. Magowan when his bronze plaque is added to the Giants Wall of Fame during a pre-game ceremony outside Oracle Park along King Street beginning at 10:45 a.m. Magowan will be the first non-player to join the 52 other Giants legends who are currently on the Wall. The Giants Wall of Fame was established by Magowan in 2008 and serves as a tribute to the organization’s greatest players of the San Francisco era. The ceremony will be emceed by Mike Krukow & Duane Kuiper with special tributes from **Giants President & CEO Larry Baer and Forever Giants Barry Bonds and Shawn Estes. ** The Wall of Fame ceremony will be streamed live on the Giants YouTube account -- Youtube.com/giants.
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed will be joined by former San Francisco Mayors Art Agnos, Frank Jordan and Willie Brown when she presents Bruce Bochy with “A Key to the City.” This special presentation will take place on the field before the game.
Sunday, September 29 (Foghorn Salute & Post-Game Ceremony)*__**
- Foghorn Salute: At Noon, before the start of Bruce Bochy’s final game as manager of the Giants, the Giants are creating the loudest foghorn salute the City of San Francisco and beyond has ever heard. To create this fitting sendoff, the Giants are enlisting the support of as many foghorns as possible – from ferries and yacht clubs to cruise ships and kayaks, the waters in and around Oracle Park and McCovey Cove will be filled with as many boats as possible to add to the foghorn call. For those not on the water, but located anywhere from the ballpark to home to around the world, who want to participate can do so by accessing the free, digital foghorn sound button that can be found on sfgiants.com/bochy or on the Ballpark App.
- Post-Game Ceremony_:_ A final farewell ceremony will be held post game to honor the 25-year managerial career of Skipper Bruce Bochy. There will be a number of special guests in attendance commemorating his 13 seasons with the Giants, and they will participate in surprise tributes immediately following the game.*
*****Caltrain, Golden Gate Ferry, and SF Bay Ferry will all adjust their post-game schedules to accommodate fans staying for the post-game celebration. Muni will also extend its post-game service. For more information go to sfgiants.com/transportation.
Muni: Extra service until after the conclusion of the post-game ceremony
Caltrain: First departure 25 minutes after last out, second departure 25-minutes after post-game ceremony
Ferry services to Vallejo, Oakland/Alameda, and Larkspur: All depart after post-game ceremony