The Kansas City Royals will return home to host American League East Division teams, the Boston Red Sox (June 19-21) and Toronto Blue Jays (June 23-25). The Club will host great events, including Big Slick Celebrity Softball (June 23) and Viva Los Reales (June 24). Fans can also pick up
The Kansas City Royals will return home to host American League East Division teams, the Boston Red Sox (June 19-21) and Toronto Blue Jays (June 23-25). The Club will host great events, including Big Slick Celebrity Softball (June 23) and Viva Los Reales (June 24). Fans can also pick up giveaway items, including a t-shirt (June 20) and Los Reales BBQ Apron (June 24). Please see below for more details.
Monday, June 19 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Price Chop Mondays - On Mondays, View Reserved tickets are just $10 (subject to availability), courtesy of Price Chopper. For more information, visit www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, June 20 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· T-Shirt Tuesday: Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey - The first 10,000 fans will receive a t-shirt with the lyrics "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey," that start the song "Kansas City," played after Royals home wins, courtesy of Sprint (photo attached).
Wednesday, June 21 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Outfield Plaza or View Reserved tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $10. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. A special pregame Happy Hour, a hot dog and 12-ounce beer or 24-ounce soda for just $8, will be available at the Boulevard Hop Stop or Radler Station (located by the Outfield Experience stage) from the time gates open until 15 minutes before first pitch.
Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us! Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be Rachel Mallin & The Wild Type. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, June 22 - Off Day
Friday, June 23 - Toronto Blue Jays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Big Slick Celebrity Softball Game - The Royals host Kansas City natives Paul Rudd, Rob Riggle, Jason Sudeikis and Eric Stonestreet, as well as Midwesterner David Koechner and other celebrity guests for a Celebrity Softball Game on the field at Kauffman Stadium. All gates open early at 4:30 p.m. with the softball game set to begin at 5:00 p.m. Tickets for the Royals game include free admission to watch the Celebrity Softball game, and each ticket purchased through www.royals.com/themetickets includes a $5 donation to Royals Charities to assist Big Slick in their fundraising efforts. In addition, 50/50 Raffle tickets sold throughout the night will benefit Big Slick.
· Buck Night - On Fridays during the summer, fans can enjoy Buck Night as hot dogs and peanuts are just $1 each all night long, courtesy of Heinz and Price Chopper. Visit www.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Summer Fireworks - Catch a spectacular fireworks following the game, presented by Popsicle and Price Chopper.
Saturday, June 24 - Toronto Blue Jays vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Viva Los Reales - Join the Royals for the annual Viva Los Reales celebration. The pregame party begins at 11:30 a.m. in the Outfield Experience. Fans can enjoy live salsa music by Mundo Nuovo. Local restaurants Anita's, La Flor de Chiapas, Palomino's Restaurante and El Camino Real will all participate in the annual Salsa Showdown. Aramark will also be offering themed food specials across the ballpark at Craft and Draft, the KC Steak Co. in the first base Dugout Concourse, Custom Crust and the Market Place Stand in left field. In honor of the day, the Royals will wear their special Los Reales uniforms. For more information, please visit www.royals.com/viva.
· Los Reales BBQ Apron - In conjunction with Viva Los Reales, the first 10,000 fans will receive an apron, courtesy of Academy Sports + Outdoors (photo attached).
· 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pregame broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Josh Vernier and special guests from the studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Food Special - Artisan Bavarian Pretzel - for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted View Level tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
Sunday, June 25 - Toronto Blue Jays vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Family FunDay Sunday presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment plus face painters and caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. Fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout. Following the game, kids 14 and under run the bases for free, presented by the Kansas City Zoo. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.