The Kansas City Royals begin the traditional "second half" of the season starting tonight at Kauffman Stadium. The club will host the Texas Rangers (July 14-16), Detroit Tigers (July 17-20) and Chicago White Sox (July 21-23) during the upcoming homestand. Please see below for details on scheduled community outreach efforts.Friday,
The Kansas City Royals begin the traditional "second half" of the season starting tonight at Kauffman Stadium. The club will host the Texas Rangers (July 14-16), Detroit Tigers (July 17-20) and Chicago White Sox (July 21-23) during the upcoming homestand. Please see below for details on scheduled community outreach efforts.
Friday, July 14 - Texas Rangers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
·Moose Tee Pop-Up Shop - Royals Charities will staff a special "pop-up shop" for fans to purchase t-shirts, tank stops, and kids' clothing featuring a design inspired by All-Star third basemen Mike Moustakas. A portion of the proceeds from the special Charlie Hustle tees, with support from Pepsi, benefit the ACE 30 Memorial Fund in honor of Yordano Ventura. The effort has already raised more than $25,000 and will support baseball-related projects in the Dominican Republic. The shop will open from the time gates open through the end of the fourth inning inside Gate A - Left Field at Kauffman Stadium.
Moose Lodge - Moustakas, together with the Royals and KCP&L, will host foster care children and their families in the Moose Lodge. Each child from Cornerstones of Care will receive complimentary tickets, a "Moose Lodge" t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John's Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a meet-and-greet with Moustakas before the game.
Saturday, July 15 - Texas Rangers vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson - A portion of the proceeds from the Royals Charities fundraiser during the game will benefit Giving the Basics. For more information, see www.royals.com/5050.
·Kennedys Host Charity Groups - Pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a different community group in a fully-catered Dugout Suite during each Saturday home game. This game, the Kennedys will host Team Red, White & Blue. Their guests will watch batting practice from the suite and visit with Kennedy prior to the game. The Kennedys also will give each guest a special Royals gift.
Sunday, July 16 - Texas Rangers vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Ban Johnson Pregame - The Most Valuable Player from the Ban Johnson All-Star Game will be recognized in a special presentation before the game. Ban Johnson is a college-age, wood bat league. The league's All-Star Game, played last week at The K, is a Royals tradition dating back to the team's founding in 1969
Monday, July 17 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Royals Charities Check Presentation - Royals Charities will present a check to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City in conjunction with KCMO RBI Night. Royals Charities is the presenting sponsor of the Kansas City, Missouri, Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) program through the Boys & Girls Clubs.
Tuesday, July 18 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Buses for Baseball - The Major League Baseball Players Association hosts underprivileged children in ballparks through the Buses for Baseball program. The special guests from Operation Breakthrough will tour the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum earlier in the day, then come to Kauffman Stadium to watch batting practice. The Raised Royal Fan Express will be their transportation throughout the day, courtesy of FOX Sports Kansas City.
Wednesday, July 19 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Dream Factory - Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
· Royals Charities Scholarship Presentation - The Kansas City Royals will recognize the 2017 class of Royals Charities scholars. The scholars have the opportunity to receive up to a $10,000 scholarship toward any two- or four-year college or university in Missouri or Kansas. Proceeds from the 2012 All-Star Game in Kansas Cityoriginally funded the program, and Royals Charities continues that legacy. Students were selected from theMOKAN 20/20 Leadership program, which serves to educate and expose students to community issues, develop personal and leadership skills and build community-wide relationships. The program identifies five students per year to receive scholarship funds from Royals Charities.
Thursday, July 20 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Perfect Attendance Night - Nearly 7,000 area elementary school children who achieved perfect attendance throughout the academic school year are honored at the second of two Perfect Attendance Days (the first was June 8). The Royals salute these dedicated students with complimentary tickets.
· Hosmer hosts Big Brothers, Big Sisters - Eric Hosmer will host 30 participants from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City program. The first baseman will meet the group in the stands during Royals batting practice.
Friday, July 21 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Green Team - During select games throughout the season, local organizations and volunteers who sign up to be a part of the Royals Green Team, sponsored by Republic Services, will help collect aluminum and recyclable plastics at the stadium gates as well as throughout multiple innings of the game.
Saturday, July 22 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
· Organ Donation and Transplant Awareness Day - Health professionals, volunteers and survivors will be at Kauffman Stadium to educate and share information with fans about organ donation and transplant services, courtesy of The University of Kansas Health System.
· Kennedys Host Charity Groups - Pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a different community group in a fully-catered Dugout Suite during each Saturday home game. This game, the Kennedys will host the Lees Summit Firefighters IAFF Local 2195. Their guests will watch batting practice from the suite and visit with Kennedy prior to the game. The Kennedys also will give each guest a special Royals gift.
Sunday, July 23 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.