The 2015 World Champion Kansas City Royals will host the Minnesota Twins (August 18-21). Throughout the weekend, the Royals will host children at several events, including Moose Lodge (August 19), PLAY Ball Clinic (August 20) and UMPS Care (August 21). Please see below for more details.Thursday, August 18 - Minnesota
The 2015 World Champion Kansas City Royals will host the Minnesota Twins (August 18-21). Throughout the weekend, the Royals will host children at several events, including Moose Lodge (August 19), PLAY Ball Clinic (August 20) and UMPS Care (August 21). Please see below for more details.
Thursday, August 18 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Royals Charities Ring Sweepstakes Winner Announced - Marie Dispenza, director of Royals Charities, will join the FOX Sports Kansas City crew live during the game to draw the winner of the Royals Charities Ring Sweepstakes. The winner will receive an authentic, custom-made 2015 World Champions ring. All proceeds from the sweepstakes benefit Royals Charities.
Friday, August 19 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Moose Lodge - Third baseman Mike Moustakas, together with the Royals and KCP&L, will host foster care children and their families in the Moose Lodge. Each child from FosterAdopt Connect will receive complimentary tickets, a "Moose Lodge" t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John's Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a special meet-and-greet before the game.
· Green Team - During select games throughout the season, local organizations and volunteers who sign up to be a part of the Royals Green Team, sponsored by Republic Services, will help collect aluminum and recyclable plastics at the stadium gates as well as throughout multiple innings of the game.
Saturday, August 20 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
· Play Ball Event - The Royals, Scotts Lawn Care, the Kansas City, Mo., mayor's office, Major League Baseball and the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation, will open the newly-refurbished ball field at Mulkey Square Park, located at 1100 Summit St. A short ceremony and ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 11 a.m., followed by media availability. At 11:30 a.m., the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and Royals alumni will lead a clinic on the field for 50 pre-selected youth.
· Royals Welcome U.S. Air Force Medical Service - Lt. Gen. Mark Ediger, the Surgeon General of the United States Air Force, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. He leads 44,000 Airmen who treat nearly three million military heroes and their families around the world. Gen. Ediger is a native of Springfield, Mo., and a two-time graduate of the University of Missouri Kansas City. In addition, Staff Sgt. Jessica Mauk will sit in the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat. She is a non-commissioned officer in charge of the patient administration office at Whiteman Air Force Base Medical Group.
Sunday, August 21 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· UMPS CARE - The Royals partner with MLB umpires to offer memorable baseball experiences for children awaiting adoption and at-risk youth in mentoring programs. The children receive a VIP experience including complimentary tickets, a baseball goody bag and the unique opportunity to step onto the field for a souvenir baseball and photo with the game's umpire crew.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.