After a two-city road trip against their division rivals, the Nationals head back to D.C. to take on the Pittsburgh Pirates and the San Francisco Giants. The second homestand of the season features the first-ever Juan Soto Bobblehead Giveaway and a celebration of the contributions of African-Americans to the game
After a two-city road trip against their division rivals, the Nationals head back to D.C. to take on the Pittsburgh Pirates and the San Francisco Giants. The second homestand of the season features the first-ever Juan Soto Bobblehead Giveaway and a celebration of the contributions of African-Americans to the game of baseball on Jackie Robinson & Black Heritage Day.
The Nationals will also host the annual Foundation Day, where fans have the opportunity to learn about the Nationals Dream Foundation’s work in the community, plus the return of the College Day Series, which kicks off with West Virginia and Howard.
Nationals fans are encouraged to continue using #NatsParkEats on their social channels when showing off their favorite food items at Nationals Park for a chance to win prizes and appear on NatsHD!
As a reminder, if you would like to cover any event at Nationals Park, please contact Chris Browne at Christopher.Browne@nationals.com or Alec Scercy at Alec.Scercy@nationals.com for credentialing information in advance of the event.
FRIDAY, APRIL 12
- Juan Soto Bobblehead presented by M&M’s: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALLGATES will receive a Juan Soto Bobblehead. For the first time, fans can view exclusive video content by using the augmented reality feature on their MLB Ballpark App with each bobblehead box. Fans who watch the AR video will unlock a special deal on Juan Soto merchandise. Tickets for Friday’s game are available at nationals.com/Tickets.
- West Virginia University Day: As part of the Nationals College Day Series, the first 1,500 fans to purchase a ticket through this offer will receive the new limited edition New Era co-branded Nationals/WVU hat. This offer is sold-out, but for more information please visit nationals.com/WVU.
- NatsHunt: Through the new “NatsHunt” Scavenger Hunt feature on the MLB Ballpark App, fans can use their smartphones to find augmented reality “Nats Stops” around Nationals Park and unlock exclusive deals when they uncover the last stop!
- Nats on Base: Quantico 2018 Employee Recognition: The Nationals are proud supporters of local military bases' employee recognition programs. The Nationals will recognize distinguished service by members on a quarterly and yearly basis at Nationals Park. Ceremonies on April 12 will honor Marines and Civilian Employees of the Year for Marine Corps Base Quantico.
- Apple Pay 3-2-1: Fans who use Apple Pay at eligible Nationals Park concession stands will save $3 off souvenir sodas, $2 off regular hot dogs, and $1 off bottled water during all Friday games throughout the 2019 season.
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
- Foundation Day: Foundation Day celebrates and recognizes the year-round charitable work of the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation. The Foundation will be selling Mystery Grab Bags in Center Field Plaza. Each Mystery Grab Bag will contain a baseball autographed by a Nationals player or Manager Dave Martinez. Fans can also support the Dream Foundation by participating in the 50/50 raffle, which gives fans the chance to win big during each home game of the 2019 season. To learn more about the Dream Foundation, visit nationals.com/Dream.
- Scout Day: Join fellow scouts at Nationals Park for the first Scout Day of the season! Fans who purchase tickets through this special ticket offer will receive a limited edition Nationals Scout Patch and a discounted game ticket. For tickets and more information, visit nationals.com/Scouts.
SUNDAY, APRIL 14
- Home Away From Home Team: The Washington Nationals are proud to partner with USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore to support military families. Every Sunday home game of the season, military families can enjoy a Nationals game together and receive front-of-line privileges for Kids Run the Bases after the game.
- Kids Run the Bases presented by Harris Teeter: All kids ages 4 through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday day games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, please visit nationals.com/JrNats.
- Harris Teeter Family Fun Pack: Nationals fans can take advantage of this ticket deal that includes a FREE MEAL with a discounted ticket on ALL weekend games at Nationals Park. Fans who purchase their ticket through this special offer will receive a Hebrew National hot dog, a 2.5 oz. bag of Lay's chips, and a regularsized fountain soda or 20 oz. Dasani bottled water, available at any Nats Dogs stand. For tickets and more information, please visit nationals.com/Family.
TUESDAY, APRIL 16
- Jackie Robinson & Black Heritage Day: On Tuesday, the Nationals join all of Major League Baseball in celebrating Jackie Robinson Day on the 100th-year anniversary of Jackie Robinson’s birth. All players and onfield personnel across the league will don No. 42 jerseys in honor of Robinson, as they have every year since 2009. The Nationals will also honor the contributions of African-Americans to the game of baseball and the community during the team's annual Black Heritage Day. Videos will air throughout the game highlighting African-American baseball greats, and community members will participate in pregame ceremonies including President of Senators Satchel Page Little League Andre “Smokey” Lee will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Tickets for Tuesday’s game are available at nationals.com/Tickets.
- Howard University Day: As part of the Nationals College Day Series, the Nationals host Howard alumni, students, parents, faculty and fans for Howard University Day at Nationals Park. There will be a special pregame performance by the Howard University “Showtime” Marching Band and Howard’s Cheerleaders in Center Field Plaza when gates open at 5:00 p.m. and Howard student Brooklyn Love will sing the National Anthem. The first 1,500 fans to purchase a ticket through this special offer will receive a discounted game ticket and a New Era co-branded Nationals/Howard hat. For tickets and more information, visit nationals.com/Howard.
- Nats on Base - Leadership Exchange: Nationals front office executives will participate as guest speakers for the 2019 Air Force District of Washington's Squadron Command and Spouse Orientation Course. The course is designed to provide commanders and spouses the tools to succeed in a rapidly changing geopolitical environment, and Nationals representatives will offer the group non-military leadership perspectives.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17
- Families of Valor: Sean Doolittle, Howie Kendrick, and their families strive to make the Salute to Service experience as special as possible on days when the Nationals host surviving family members. During Salute to Service games that honor TAPS families this season, Sean and Howie will invite the group to view batting practice from the field and meet with them privately before the game. All participants will have the chance to take photos with the players, receive autographs and a gift, and see pictures of their loved ones on NatsHD during the Salute.
- Bud and Baseball: Available for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday games throughout the season, fans ages 21 and older who purchase this special ticket deal will receive a free 16 oz. Budweiser or Bud Light at the Budweiser Terrace or Bud Light Loft with their discounted ticket. For tickets and more information, please visit nationals.com/BudAndBaseball.
SATURDAY, APRIL 20
- D.C. Beer Festival: The D.C. Beer Festival is returning to Nationals Park for 2019! Beer Fest attendees can sample beer from more than 80 breweries while listening to live music performances and enjoing food offerings from over a dozen food trucks. For more information and tickets, visit nationals.com/BeerFest.
Budweiser Happy Hour Entertainment:
Friday, April 12 – Pebble to Pearl will perform at Budweiser Terrace presented by Budweiser
Saturday, April 13 – Karaoke Night at Budweiser Terrace presented by Budweiser
Wednesday, April 17 – Trivia Night at Budweiser Terrace presented by Budweiser
Thursday, April 18 – DJ Alkimist at Budweiser Terrace presented by Budweiser
**All performances begin two hours before first pitch
Team Store Deals:
Friday, April 12th – Receive a free Juan Soto Bobblehead with any $100 Main Team Store purchase. Limit one per transaction, while supplies last.
Saturday, April 13th - Receive a free Nationals Desktop Plexi with any $200 purchase in the Main Team Store. This is a limited edition item and will only be available while supplies last.
Ballpark App Special Offers:
Friday, April 12 – Save 20% on tickets to an upcoming game against the Pirates, Giants, Padres or Cardinals.
Saturday, April 13 – Spend $25, get $5 off at the Devils Backbone Left Field Lodge.
Sunday, April 14 – Save 20% on tickets to an upcoming game against the Giants, Padres or Cardinals.
Tuesday, April 16 – Buy two Nationals patches, get one free at the Main Team Store, while supplies last.
Wednesday, April 17 – Save 20% on tickets to Giants, Padres and Cardinals games.
Thursday, April 18 – Save 20% on any purchase at the Section 132 Team Store location.
CURLY W LIVE
Want to listen to exclusive podcasts, and see more photos, videos, and fun features about your favorite Nationals players? Want to learn more about what is happening at Nationals Park and what the team is doing in the community? Nationals fans are encouraged to check out Curly W Live, the official blog of the Washington Nationals, by visiting curlyw.mlblogs.com. The Curly W Live Podcast is hosted by Communications Director Kyle Brostowitz and focuses on all things Nats. Podcasts are published every few weeks and include exclusive interviews with Nationals players, coaches, and staff. Be sure to create a Medium account and follow Curly W Live in order to receive notifications when new content is published!
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans start at $20 and are available online at nationals.com/Parking. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired zone. Fans can also get a ride to and from the ballpark at the tap of a button using Uber, the official ride-share partner of the Washington Nationals. When exiting the ballpark, fans are encouraged to head to one of Uber’s suggested pickup locations shown at nationals.mlb.com/promo/map:
- N St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
- L St. SE between First St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
- M St. SW and Half St. SW
Fans using Metro to travel to or from Nationals Park are encouraged to review the Metro schedule at wmata.com/schedules.
Fans should also consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the ballpark, or the baseball boat from Alexandria. Visit nationals.com/WayToGo for information on parking and transportation options to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service
notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at http://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc. Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
Beginning with the 2019 season, backpacks may not be brought into Nationals Park except as otherwise provided in the Nationals Bag Policy. The policy was revised in order to enhance ballpark safety. Exceptions may be made for backpack diaper bags or backpacks used for ADA/medical reasons. All purses, briefcases, drawstring bags, diaper bags and soft-sided coolers that do not exceed 16”x16”x8” will still be permitted. Nationals Park is a completely non-smoking and tobacco-free facility per District of Columbia law. There is no exception for electronic cigarettes or any other type of smoking device, or for smokeless tobacco or any other type of tobacco product. MLB and the Nationals require that all people entering Nationals Park walk through a metal detector or be screened with handheld metal detectors to search for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags, purses, and any other containers brought to any of the Nationals Park entry gates.