The award-winning Bright House Field - the Phillies Spring Training Facility in Clearwater, Florida - just got even better with several new additions recently made to its food, fashion and fandom lineup.
"We want the fans' experience to be the very best when they come to Bright House Field," said John Timberlake, General Manager, Phillies' Bright House Field. "There is so much to see and do at the ballpark, and we can't wait for our fans to try all of our new enhancements. Foodies will be impressed with the new outdoor suite Palm Pavilion Patio featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet, as well as the addition of local barbecue favorite Dunedin Smokehouse. Beer enthusiasts are also going to enjoy the new Local Craft Alley, featuring 16 different local draft brews. There's also plenty of shopping with jerseys and fashion exclusive to Spring Training. No matter what your interest or liking, there's something for every age group."
When it comes to fandom, the best mascot in baseball - the Phillie Phanatic - will return to entertain at every home game. Other highlights include a Vintage Phillies Bobble Head giveaway for the first 4,000 fans on Thursday, March 3, the popular St. Patty's Day Game on Thursday, March 17, a Spring Training tradition that features green attire (both on and off the field) along with plenty of fan festivities, and Phillies Alumni Day on Sunday, March 20, where baseball legends return to surprise fans with gate greetings, autograph stations and more. Also two Phillies Auctions will take place on Friday, March 18 and Tuesday, March 22, where fans can bid on game-used and autographed memorabilia to benefit local charities in the City of Clearwater.
Fans can experience all of the new additions listed below starting on Sunday, February 28 during the 1:05 p.m. game against the University of Tampa, and continuing with the first official spring training game against the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday, March 1 at 1:05 p.m.
What's New in Food
From traditional ballpark fare and Philly's favorite, to foods with local Florida flavor and healthier and gluten-free options, there has always been plenty from which to choose. Here are some of the new features for the 2016 season:
What's New in Spring Training Fashion
- New Red Phillies Spring Training Flex Base Jersey and Diamond Era Cap: The same new Spring Training look for players will now be available for fans - only at Bright House Field and at phillies.com/shop.
- Tropical colors and graphics exclusive to Spring Training at Bright House Field. Highlights include:
- Ladies caps, tees and outerwear adorned with new graphics featuring palm trees, flip-flops, seashells and tropical flowers.
- New Phanatic front-and-back tees for children and women.
- New novelties: Including a can clock with pop top and Spring Training graphic for $6.