Indian River County offers two attractive training locations for your rowing team's winter and spring training.
Vero Beach Rowing offers unlimited rowing on the Intercoastal Waterway and numerous protected rowing areas, including a six-lane 2000m course in the Gifford Cut. Your boats will be housed in permanent covered racks in its boatyard, which also features numerous hoses for boat washing and an air-conditioned shed for electronics storage and charging, all just steps away from the dock. Next to the boatyard is our new two-story boathouse with an air-conditioned second floor with locker rooms, erging, lifting, and video review areas. Please visit http://verobeachrowing.org/visiting-teams-7/ for more information.
Sebastian River's C-54 Canal site offers 10,000 meters/three lanes of flat, straight freshwater, in addition to a beach for wet launching. Boats are kept on your trailer or slings.
- 89 hotel-style villas, including 10 suites and two pool-side cabanas
- On-site dining room (full-service or cafeteria style)
- Locker room facilities
- Professional quality fitness room
- 20 meeting rooms ranging in size from 200-3,000 square feet
- Recreation area with basketball & sand volleyball courts, a competition-size swimming pool, a jogging trail, and Stadium Club lounge featuring billiards, card tables, and ping pong
- Coin laundry