Indian River County offers two attractive training locations for your rowing team's winter and spring training.
- Vero Beach Rowing offers unlimited rowing on the Intercoastal Waterway plus numerous protected rowing areas including a 6 lane 2000m course in the Gifford Cut. Your boats will be housed in permanent covered racks in our boatyard, that also features numerous hoses for boat washing and an air-conditioned shed for electronics storage and charging, all just steps away from our dock. Next to the boatyard is our new 2-story boathouse with an air-conditioned second floor with locker rooms, erging, lifting and video review areas. Please visit www.verobeachrowing.org for more information.
- Sebastian River's C-54 Canal site offers 10,000 meters / 3 lanes of flat, straight freshwater. Boats are kept on your trailer or slings, and there is a beach for wet launching
In partnership between the Jackie Robinson Training Complex, Vero Beach Rowing, Inc and Sebastian River, both sites offer your team an experience that will strengthen your squad and prepare your members for a championship season. The Jackie Robinson Training Complex offers teams on-site room accommodations, on-site dining with All-You-Can-Eat offerings for every meal, two fitness centers, meeting space and campus recreation for down time. The campus is conveniently located five miles from the Vero Beach Rowing Boathouse and 25 miles from the C-54 Canal.
Our two partners provide access to their facilities as well as their knowledge of both locations to direct your team to the ideal conditions during your team training.
The Jackie Robinson Training Complex provides an all-encompassing experience for guests, providing on-site housing, dining and recreation-saving your group valuable time, energy and expense. That means more time for team building. Built as a professional training complex, the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (formerly Dodgertown), was the longtime spring training home of the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers and has served professional, collegiate, high school and international rowing, baseball, softball, soccer, rugby, swimming, lacrosse and football teams. Our 80-acre, distraction-free, secure campus offers:
- 89 hotel-style villas (including 10 suites and two pool-side cabanas)
- On-site dining facility (full-service or cafeteria style; customized menus available)
- 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space
- Two professional fitness rooms
- Trainer's room
- Competition-size swimming pool.
- Lighted basketball and tennis courts, along with sand volleyball
- The Stadium Club Lounge, featuring two billiard tables, card tables and multiple televisions
- Laundry room and full-service business center available to guests and their families
For more information and a package quote please call (772) 257-8557 or email [email protected].