Accessible Seating/Companion Seating
Accessible seating is available on each level, based on availability. Up to three (3) companion seats are also available for purchase with each disabled seat purchased. Below, please find the exact accessible seating locations:
- The Club: DEX Imaging-FL6
- Dugout Club-FL1 & FL11
- Clubhouse Box- Sections 4 & 25
- Home Plate Box-Sections 13, 14, 15, & 16
- Base Reserved-Sections 11, 12, 17 & 18
- Baseline Reserved-Sections 1, 9, 10, 19, 20 & 28
- Bullpen Reserved-Sections 29, 30, 31 & 35
- Legends Platinum-Sections 211 & 219
- Legends Gold-Section 223
- Legends Silver-Section 205
- Home Run Porch-Sections 39 & 134
- Vista Box-Sections 311, 312, 317, 318 & 319
- Vista Reserved-Section 309, 310 & 320
- Clevelander Marlins Park-Row D WC/Seats 1-8
In order to make your game and seating selections as well as ticket purchases, please visit the Marlins Schedule and Marlins Ticket Index.
Alternative Format Materials
Braille and tactile signs are located throughout the facility.
Assistive Listening Devices
Complimentary hearing amplification devices that transmit ballpark audio are available at the Guest Services Centers located on the Promenade Level at Section 15 and on the Vista Level at Section 318. Guests must present a state issued photo I.D. or driver's license as a security deposit for use of such devices.
Automated Teller Machines
For Guests' conveniences, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) are available at the following locations:
3rd Base Entrance:
- Two (2) located side by side just inside the entrance lobby.
New Era Team Store:
- One (1) located inside the New Era Team Store on the West Plaza.
- One (1) located across from Section 3.
- Two (2) located side-by-side across from Section 15.
- One (1) located across from Section 25.
- One (1) located immediately inside the doors of the 1st Base Helix Ramp across from Section 204.
- One (1) located at the top of the escalator landing across from Section 227.
- One (1) located across from Section 318.
All permanent concession stands are accessible. A concession staff member will assist with food delivery if they have flexibility to leave concession stand, if not a Guest Services can assist.
Guests are allowed to enter with one (1) single serving food item contained in a clear plastic bag per person (pieces of fruit must be sliced) and/or one (1) clear, soft-sided, factory-sealed bottle of unflavored water, 20-ounces in size or smaller per person.
Should there be an immediate need to evacuate Marlins Park, Guests will be given instructions by the public-address/open-caption systems. Exit instructions will also be posted on high-definition televisions on the concourses.
Guests are encouraged to take the following steps:
- Be aware of your location in Marlins Park at all times.
- Identify the two exits located nearest to your seats or your current location in the ballpark.
- Listen, observe and follow instructions from the public-address/open-caption system, video boards and high-definition televisions throughout the ballpark.
- Do not panic.
- Ask for assistance and information from Guest Services, Police, Emergency Medical Services and/or Security Personnel.
- Remain calm, walk to the exits at a normal pace and proceed to the nearest safe area.
- Elevators and escalators are NOT operational during an evacuation.
- Guests with disabilities should evacuate using ramp or wait at an elevator for Security, Emergency Medical Services or other First Responders.
Entry and Carry in Policy
The Marlins' highest priority is to ensure the safety and security of our Guests, and we will take every reasonable step to ensure the safety of everyone entering Marlins Park. The Marlins administer several important security measures in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations and in conjunction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Guests and their belongings will be inspected before entering Marlins Park.
The Marlins encourage Guests to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to first pitch to avoid lines and to enjoy pregame activities on the West Plaza. Please follow all signage and directions from security personnel. If you provide tickets to someone who may not be familiar with Marlins Park security policies, please advise your Guests to these measures. Marlins Park entrances usually open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of every home game. Please see "Entrances" for further information.
There is no storage area for any prohibited items. Guests arriving by mass transit should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
Guests who are or appear to be intoxicated and/or unmanageable will not be permitted into Marlins Park.
The Marlins reserve the right to change or modify these guidelines.
To ensure the safety and security of our Guests, the Marlins reserve the right to thoroughly inspect all bags, clothing or other articles prior to entry into Marlins Park. The Marlins may prohibit entry to any Guest or require removal of any items at their sole discretion.
In accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations and Marlins Park, the following policies will be enforced at all entrances at Marlins Park:
- Bags no larger than 16"x16"x8" in size. All bags are subject to inspection; clear bags are preferred.
- Guests shall be limited to one (1) soft-sided bag (e.g. diaper bag, small purse, fanny pack, backpack, etc.) per person.
- Bag-size bins will be used at inspection points, and bags and their contents must fit without assistance, modification or adjustment.
- Briefcases, hard-sided coolers, and open/hard-sided containers are NOT permitted.
- Any item deemed to be dangerous, inappropriate or disruptive to the safety of Marlins Park Guests/staff/property will be denied entry.
There is no storage area for items or bags at Marlins Park. Guests arriving by mass transit should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
Guests can use their cell phones to confidentially text questions and concerns to Marlins Park Team Members by texting the word FISH (Space) the issue and location to 69050. A Marlins Park Team Member will respond accordingly. Text STOP to cancel or HELP for info. Message and data rates may apply.
Noise Cancelling Headphones
Guest may check out Noise Cancelling Headphones in our Guest Services Centers located on the Promenade Level at Section 15 and the Vista Level at Section 318. Guests must present a state issued photo I.D. or driver's license as a security deposit for use of such devices.
When coming to Marlins Park using mass transit, there are a number of options available to our Guests:
Special Transportation Service (STS): Miami-Dade Paratransit Operations has designated the East side of NW 16th Avenue, on Felo Ramirez Drive (NW 6th Street) as the drop-off and pick-up point for Guests visiting Marlins Park.
Bus: Miami-Dade Transit offers bus transportation to and from Marlins Park.
- #6 Bus / Stop - W Flagler Street and NW 22nd Avenue
- #7 Bus / Stop - Orange Bowl Way (NW 14th Avenue) and NW 7th Street
- #11 Bus / Stop - NW 15th Avenue and West Flagler Street
- #12 Bus / Stop - NW 12th Avenue and NW 3rd Street
- #17 Bus / Stop - NW 17th Avenue and NW 3rd Street
- #21 Bus / Stop - NW 22nd Avenue and W Flagler Street
- #51 Bus / Stop - NW 27th Avenue and W Flagler Street
Train: Both the Tri Rail and Metrorail Systems are available to Guests attending events at Marlins Park. The closest train stations to the Ballpark are the Civic Center Station located at 1501 NW 12th Avenue and Culmer Station, which is located at 701 NW 11th Street.
Trolley: The City of Miami's Trolley to Marlins Park has a convenient pick up location, outside the Civic Center Train Station and drops off and picks up passengers at Marlins Park on the corner of Orange Bowl Way (NW 14th Avenue) and Felo Ramirez Drive (NW 6th Street).
Please visit the marlins.com/parking for further information when using mass transit to visit Marlins Park.
Guests who require a quiet room are recommended to use our First Aid room.
There are two (2) vertical circulation ramps at Marlins Park, which can be used to travel from level to level or to exit Marlins Park. The base of the North Ramp is located at the 3rd Base Entrance and winds up to Section 17 of the Promenade Level. The 1st Base Helix Ramp begins at the 1st Base Entrance and winds up to the Promenade (Section 6), Legends (Section 204) and Vista (Section 305) Levels.
Restrooms located on all levels of Marlins Park are wheelchair accessible. Family restrooms are available in the following locations:
- Promenade Level - Sections 2, 7, 22 & 39
- Home Run Porch - Section 134
- Legends Level - Sections 201, 209 & 221
- Vista Level - Sections 302, 312 & 318
If a Guest that utilizes a wheelchair will be attending a game in a private suite, we will remove an exterior chair to allow that guest access to view the game from the balcony of the suite. Guests must request the suite seat removal through their Sales rep one (1) week prior to game.