With hours remaining before today's 5 p.m. ET deadline for signing Draft picks, three first-rounders have yet to come to terms with the teams that selected them -- and one has already announced he will not sign. During the first six Drafts in the bonus-pool era, only four first-rounders previously did not sign.
:: Complete prospect coverage ::
Here's an analysis of the situations with each of the unsigned first-rounders:
Braves: Carter Stewart, RHP, Eau Gallie HS (Melbourne, Fla.)
No. 8 overall, pick value: $4,980,700
A wrist injury bothered Stewart toward the end of his high school season and has created concerns for the Braves after they viewed the results of his post-Draft physical. The two sides are believed to be the furthest apart of any of the first-round pairings, with Atlanta reportedly offering less than half of his pick value to the Mississippi State recruit. If the Braves can sign him, they'll make a run at 34th-rounder Zack Hess.
• Signing and bonus tracker
D-backs: Matt McLain, SS, Beckman HS (Irvine, Calif.)
No. 25 overall, pick value: $2,636,400
The D-backs have been told that shortstop Matt McLain, their first pick in the 2018 Draft, will not sign with the team, a baseball source confirmed to MLB.com on Friday. MLB Network insider Jon Heyman reported that the D-backs offered McLain the full slot value, but he appears to be headed to UCLA.
Dodgers: J.T. Ginn, RHP, Brandon (Miss.) HS
No. 30 overall, pick value: $2,275,800
Ginn announced on Twitter on Thursday night that he will attend Mississippi State and would become the fifth first rounder in the bonus-pool era to choose college over a professional contract. He would be Draft-eligible as a 21-year-old sophomore in 2020.
In addition to the first-rounders, one player selected in the supplemental first through 10th rounds has yet to agree to terms. Pirates supplemental first-rounder Gunnar Hoglund, who's attending summer school orientation at Mississippi, appears unlikely to sign a pro contract.
A record-low two selections in the first 10 rounds failed to sign in 2016, and that number rose to just three last year.
The complete list of unsigned picks from the top 10 rounds as of Tuesday, and the bonuses they're received if they've signed this week:
4. White Sox: Nick Madrigal, 2B, Oregon State -- signed for $6,411,400
5. Reds: Jonathan India, 3B, Florida -- signed for $5,300,000
8. Braves: Carter Stewart, RHP, Eau Gallie HS (Melbourne, Fla.)
18. Royals: Brady Singer, RHP, Florida -- signed for $4,250,000
20. Twins: Trevor Larnach, OF, Oregon State -- signed for $2,550,000
21. Brewers: Brice Turang, SS, Santiago HS (Corona, Calif.) -- signed for $3,411,100
25. Diamondbacks: Matt McLain, SS, Beckman HS (Irvine, Calif.)
27. Nationals: Mason Denaburg, RHP, Merritt Island (Fla.) HS -- signed for $3,000,000
29. Indians: Bo Naylor, C, St. Joan of Arc Catholic SS (Mississauga, Ont.) -- signed for $2,578,137
30. Dodgers: J.T. Ginn, RHP, Brandon (Miss.) HS
31. Rays: Shane McClanahan, LHP, South Florida -- signed for $2,230,100
35. Indians: Ethan Hankins, RHP, Forsyth Central HS (Cumming, Ga.) -- signed for $2,246,022
Supplemental first round
36. Pirates: Gunnar Hoglund, RHP, Fivay HS (Hudson, Fla.)
37. Orioles: Cadyn Grenier, SS, Oregon State -- signed for $1,800,000
68. Dodgers: Michael Grove, RHP, West Virginia -- signed for $1,229,500
87. Orioles: Blaine Knight, RHP, Arkansas -- $1,100,000
90. Mariners: Cal Raleigh, C, Florida State -- signed for $854,000
122. Royals: Eric Cole, OF, Arkansas -- signed for $500,000
158. Cubs: Andy Weber, 2B, Virginia -- signed for $400,000
163. Indians: Steven Kwan, OF, Oregon State -- signed for $185,000
184. Twins: Charles Mack, 3B, Williamsville East HS (East Amherst, N.Y.) -- signed for $500,000
314. Dodgers: Deacon Liput, 2B, Florida -- signed for $134,300