Homers, homers, everywhere. That was the story of the 2019 regular season, as sluggers across the Majors took aim at the record books. And now, fantasy owners need to figure out what it all means heading into '20.
The all-around players -- those who can hit for average and/or post double-digit steals in addition to slugging 30-plus homers -- stand out more than ever. And with reliable pitching in short supply amid the offensive boom, there's an increasingly strong case in favor of drafting an ace in the first round, and then taking another in the second or third.
Below, you'll find an early look at MLB.com's Top 200 players, in terms of fantasy value, for 2020.
Note: Position ranks are based on each player's primary position, which is determined by 2019 appearances. Additional positions at which players are likely to have eligibility in most 2019 fantasy leagues are listed in parentheses.
1. Christian Yelich | OF | Brewers | Position rank: OF1
All-around stud has strong case to be selected first overall.
2. Mike Trout | OF | Angels | Position rank: OF2
Superstar among safest picks early in first round.
3. Ronald Acuña Jr. | OF | Braves | Position rank: OF3
Multidimensional superstar has room to grow.
4. Cody Bellinger | OF (1B) | Dodgers | Position rank: OF4
Merits first-round consideration after NL MVP Award-winning year.
5. Alex Bregman | 3B (SS) | Astros | Position rank: 3B1
Disciplined hitter continues to improve as part of outstanding offense.
6. Nolan Arenado | 3B | Rockies | Position rank: 3B2
Perennial source of 35+ HR, 100+ RBIs, 100+ R, .290+ AVG.
7. Mookie Betts | OF | Red Sox | Position rank: OF5
Offers immense upside, albeit with some inconsistency.
8. Gerrit Cole | SP | Free Agent | Position rank: SP1
Strikeout artist has grown into elite option.
9. Justin Verlander | SP | Astros | Position rank: SP2
Durable ace showing no signs of slowing down.
10. Max Scherzer | SP | Nationals | Position rank: SP3
Remains top-tier option despite 2019 injuries.
11. Francisco Lindor | SS | Indians | Position rank: SS1
Leadoff hitter could supply 30+ HR, 20+ SB, 100+ R.
12. Trevor Story | SS | Rockies | Position rank: SS2
Slugging shortstop can contribute across board.
13. Trea Turner | SS | Nationals | Position rank: SS3
Entering age-27 season, speedster remains potential .300/20/40 option.
14. Freddie Freeman | 1B | Braves | Position rank: 1B1
Consistent slugger is elite 1B option.
15. Jacob deGrom | SP | Mets | Position rank: SP4
Back-to-back NL Cy Young Award winner among game's most consistent aces.
16. Anthony Rendon | 3B | Free Agent | Position rank: 3B3
Coming off best year yet, veteran warrants second-round pick.
17. Juan Soto | OF | Nationals | Position rank: OF6
Youngster has potential to get even better.
18. José Altuve | 2B | Astros | Position rank: 2B1
Amid SB decline, veteran has bat to contribute considerable value.
19. J.D. Martinez | OF | Red Sox | Position rank: OF7
Veteran slugger can carry fantasy lineups.
20. Rafael Devers | 3B | Red Sox | Position rank: 3B4
Capable of repeating 2019 breakout.
21. Chris Sale | SP | Red Sox | Position rank: SP5
If healthy, left-hander could return SP1 value.
22. Walker Buehler | SP | Dodgers | Position rank: SP6
Could be top-tier option if unleashed for 200-plus innings.
23. Gleyber Torres | 2B (SS) | Yankees | Position rank: 2B2
Rare player with 40-homer potential at second base.
24. José Ramírez | 3B | Indians | Position rank: 3B5
Has potential to return first-round value.
25. Xander Bogaerts | SS | Red Sox | Position rank: SS4
With power uptick in 2018-19, All-Star is easily top 5 fantasy shortstop.
26. Jack Flaherty | SP | Cardinals | Position rank: SP7
After brilliant 2019 second half, righty should go within first three rounds.
27. Shane Bieber | SP | Indians | Position rank: SP8
Breakout righty has entered fantasy-ace conversation.
28. Charlie Blackmon | OF | Rockies | Position rank: OF8
No longer runs much, but outfielder remains stellar in other categories.
29. Pete Alonso | 1B | Mets | Position rank: 1B2
Merits consideration in early rounds after rookie-year eruption.
30. Aaron Judge | OF | Yankees | Position rank: OF9
With better health, hard-hitting slugger could lead MLB in HR, R.
31. Fernando Tatis Jr. | SS | Padres | Position rank: SS5
Youngster's power-speed game is enticing, but AVG likely to drop.
32. Patrick Corbin | SP | Nationals | Position rank: SP9
Southpaw has cemented himself as top-12 fantasy starter.
33. Stephen Strasburg | SP | Free Agent | Position rank: SP10
Stayed healthy in 2019, but injury history bumps stock down some.
34. Jonathan Villar | 2B (SS) | Orioles | 2B3
Has rare 20-homer, 40-steal potential.
35. Javier Báez | SS | Cubs | Position rank: SS6
Remains coveted option despite loss of multi-position eligibility.
36. George Springer | OF | Astros | Position rank: OF10
Despite durability issues, productive leadoff hitter worth early-round pick.
37. Charlie Morton | SP | Rays | Position rank: SP11
Coming off best season, veteran merits early-round selection.
38. Ozzie Albies | 2B | Braves | Position rank: 2B4
Youngster can produce across board.
39. Bryce Harper | OF | Phillies | Position rank: OF11
Patient slugger has high floor, MVP-level ceiling.
40. Starling Marte | OF | Pirates | Position rank: OF12
Seeking third straight 20-homer, 20-steal season.
41. Eugenio Suárez | 3B | Reds | Position rank: 3B6
Slugger ranks just outside top 5 at star-studded position.
42. Manny Machado | 3B (SS) | Padres | Position rank: 3B7
In-his-prime slugger could rebound from disappointing campaign.
43. Clayton Kershaw | SP | Dodgers | Position rank: SP12
Continues to thrive despite velocity decline.
44. Zack Greinke | SP | Astros | Position rank: SP13
Control artist remains borderline fantasy ace.
45. Kris Bryant | 3B (OF) | Cubs | Position rank: 3B8
Quality bat hasn't returned to 2016 NL MVP heights.
46. Mike Clevinger | SP | Indians | Position rank: SP14
With better health, righty capable of fronting fantasy rotations.
47. Luis Castillo | SP | Reds | Position rank: SP15
Righty has stuff to be high-end fantasy starter.
48. Ketel Marte | OF (2B, SS) | D-backs | Position rank: OF13
Represents boom-or-bust option after out-of-nowhere breakout.
49. DJ LeMahieu | 2B (1B, 3B) | Yankees | Position rank: 2B5
High-floor player in fantasy-friendly situation.
50. Whit Merrifield | 2B (OF) | Royals | Position rank: 2B6
Contributes in all categories, eligible at multiple positions.
51. Nelson Cruz | DH | Twins | Position rank: DH1
Aging slugger remains terrific power source.
52. Yordan Alvarez | OF | Astros | Position rank: OF14
Sky's the limit for young slugger in first full season.
53. Aaron Nola | SP | Phillies | Position rank: SP16
Even after step back in 2019, righty remains top-20 fantasy starter.
54. Adalberto Mondesi | SS | Royals | Position rank: SS7
With better health, speedster could post rare 15-HR, 60-SB season.
55. Blake Snell | SP | Rays | Position rank: SP17
Bounceback candidate can be top-tier fantasy starter.
56. Luis Severino | SP | Yankees | Position rank: SP18
If healthy, righty could finish among top 10 at position.
57. Lucas Giolito | SP | White Sox | Position rank: SP19
Looks capable of repeating breakout season.
58. J.T. Realmuto | C | Phillies | Position rank: C1
Durable veteran has slight edge at top of fantasy catcher ranks.
59. Anthony Rizzo | 1B | Cubs | Position rank: 1B3
Veteran ranks among steadiest contributors in the game.
60. Corey Kluber | SP | Indians | Position rank: SP20
Longtime ace could rebound from unlucky 2019 campaign.
61. José Abreu | 1B | White Sox | Position rank: 1B4
Lifetime .293 hitter can be penciled in for 25 HR, 100 RBIs.
62. Sonny Gray | SP | Reds | Position rank: SP21
After rebound, righty can be solid No. 2 starter in fantasy rotations.
63. Noah Syndergaard | SP | Mets | Position rank: SP22
Inconsistent righty has elite stuff, considerable potential.
64. Gary Sánchez | C | Yankees | Position rank: C2
Slugger is top-tier fantasy catcher despite injuries, inconsistency.
65. Austin Meadows | OF | Rays | Position rank: OF15
Five-category contributor solidified as everyday player.
66. Chris Paddack | SP | Padres | Position rank: SP23
Talented youngster could have innings restriction lifted in 2020.
67. Paul Goldschmidt | 1B | Cardinals | Position rank: 1B5
Accomplished veteran trying to stave off decline in early 30s
68. Yasmani Grandal | C (1B) | Free Agent | Position rank: C3
Patient hitter is easily top 5 option at his position.
69. Josh Hader | RP | Brewers | Position rank: RP1
Now established in closer's role, dominant lefty is top fantasy RP.
70. Jeff McNeil | OF (2B, 3B) | Mets | Position rank: OF16
Could supply lofty batting average with 20-plus homers.
71. José Berríos | SP | Twins | Position rank: SP24
Has settled in as quality fantasy rotation piece.
72. Matt Olson | 1B | Athletics | Position rank: 1B6
Hard-hitting slugger could finally break through as 40-HR option.
73. Carlos Correa | SS | Astros | Position rank: SS9
Talented 25-year-old has had trouble staying healthy.
74. Keston Hiura | 2B | Brewers | Position rank: 2B7
Despite troubling K rate, youngster worth early-round pick.
75. Bo Bichette | SS | Blue Jays | Position rank: SS10
Youngster has immense potential after outstanding debut.
76. Mitch Garver | C | Twins | Position rank: C4
After breakout year, slugger poised to receive uptick in playing time.
77. Jorge Soler | OF | Royals | Position rank: OF17
Given injury history, slugger is boom-or-bust option after 48-HR season.
78. Tyler Glasnow | SP | Rays | Position rank: SP25
If healthy, right-hander could be fantasy ace.
79. Yu Darvish | SP | Cubs | Position rank: SP26
After strong finish in 2019, 33-year-old back among top 30 SP.
80. Willson Contreras | C | Cubs | Position rank: C5
Backstop is productive option at shallow position.
81. Kirby Yates | RP | Padres | Position rank: RP2
After outstanding 2019 season, righty is elite closing option.
82. Max Muncy | 2B (1B, 3B) | Dodgers | Position rank: 2B8
Multi-position slugger worth significant fantasy investment.
83. Josh Donaldson | 3B | Free Agent | Position rank: 3B9
Veteran still has skills to help all fantasy owners, when healthy.
84. Michael Brantley | OF | Astros | Position rank: OF18
Excellent contact hitter part of stellar lineup.
85. Marcus Semien | SS | Athletics | Position rank: SS11
Could repeat surprising breakout, but don't overpay.
86. Trevor Bauer | SP | Reds | Position rank: SP27
Righty has skills to rebound from poor finish.
87. Giancarlo Stanton | OF | Yankees | Position rank: OF19
Despite high ceiling, powerful veteran's injury history can't be overlooked.
88. Roberto Osuna | RP | Astros | Position rank: RP3
Right-hander should continue to rack up saves for top contender.
89. Tommy Pham | OF | Rays | Position rank: OF20
Power-speed option reaches base often.
90. Lance Lynn | SP | Rangers | Position rank: SP28
After age-32 breakout, righty worth drafting among top 30 SP.
91. Victor Robles | OF | Nationals | Position rank: OF21
Speedster has 20 HR/30 SB potential in sophomore campaign.
92. Joey Gallo | OF | Rangers | Position rank: OF22
Slugger could rank among leaders in homers, walks, strikeouts.
93. Eloy Jiménez | OF | White Sox | Position rank: OF23
After promising rookie year, slugger could take step forward.
94. Cavan Biggio | 2B (OF) | Blue Jays | Position rank: 2B9
Disciplined young hitter could go 20/20 in first full season.
95. Aroldis Chapman | RP | Yankees | Position rank: RP4
Trusted veteran among top options at volatile position.
96. James Paxton | SP | Yankees | Position rank: SP29
When healthy, lefty should pile up K's and wins.
97. Luis Robert | OF | White Sox | Position rank: OF24
Multidimensional prospect could spend most of 2020 in MLB.
98. Brad Hand | RP | Indians | Position rank: RP5
All-Star closer could rebound from second-half setback.
99. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. | 3B | Blue Jays | 3B10
Young slugger could make major leap in second season.
100. Zack Wheeler | SP | Free Agent | Position rank: SP30
Righty can capably fill third or fourth spot in fantasy rotations.
101. Will Smith | C | Dodgers | Position rank: C6
Set to assume starting role after impressing in brief rookie year.
102. Brandon Woodruff | SP | Brewers | Position rank: SP31
If healthy, righty has skills to provide 200+ K's with strong ratios.
103. Mike Soroka | SP | Braves | SP32
Even with likely regression, youngster could remain trusted option.
104. Carlos Santana | 1B | Indians | Position rank: 1B7
Even with some regression, durable 33-year-old should remain productive.
105. Josh Bell | 1B | Pirates | 1B8
Breakout slugger makes for risky pick after second-half downturn.
106. Yoán Moncada | 3B | White Sox | 3B11
Could make further skill improvements, but AVG likely to drop.
107. Hyun-Jin Ryu | SP | Free Agent | Position rank: SP33
Despite injury history, veteran worth significant investment.
108. Liam Hendriks | RP | Athletics | RP6
Veteran likely to open 2020 as closer after dominant campaign.
109. Trey Mancini | OF (1B) | Orioles | OF25
After 2019 breakout, slugger is solid starting fantasy outfielder.
110. Taylor Rogers | RP | Twins | RP7
Lefty could continue to thrive in closer's role.
111. Eduardo Rodriguez | SP | Red Sox | SP34
When healthy, left-hander worth owning in all leagues.
112. Eddie Rosario | OF | Twins | OF26
Free-swinger represents quality starting OF in standard leagues.
113. Madison Bumgarner | SP | Free Agent | SP35
Accomplished veteran remains quality mid-rotation option.
114. Kyle Hendricks | SP | Cubs | SP36
Continues to thrive despite below-average strikeout rate.
115. Carlos Carrasco | SP (RP) | Indians | SP37
Veteran right-hander is potential bounceback option.
116. Matt Chapman | 3B | Athletics | 3B12
Defensive whiz has grown into solid fantasy bat.
117. Nicholas Castellanos | OF | Free Agent | OF27
High-floor veteran is startable in virtually all leagues.
118. Eduardo Escobar | 3B (2B) | D-backs | 3B13
In everyday role, productive veteran should compile XBH, RBIs.
119. Corey Seager | SS | Dodgers | SS11
After solid finish in 2019, shortstop could regain All-Star form.
120. Emilio Pagán | RP | Rays | RP8
Could remain in closer's role after stellar season.
121. Jorge Polanco | SS | Twins | SS12
Still just 26 years old, shortstop worth starting in most leagues.
122. Yasiel Puig | OF | Free Agent | OF28
Has become yearly source of 20-plus homers, 15-plus steals.
123. Danny Santana | OF (1B, 2B, 3B, SS) | Rangers | OF29
Utility man is boom-or-bust pick after surprising 28-HR, 21-SB season.
124. Kenley Jansen | RP | Dodgers | RP9
Veteran closer continues to show signs of decline.
125. Archie Bradley | RP | D-backs | RP10
Could finally get chance to run with closer's role.
126. Robbie Ray | SP | D-backs | SP38
Strikeout artist's control problems limit fantasy value.
127. Mike Moustakas | 3B (2B) | Free Agent | 3B14
Veteran capable of topping 30 HR for third time in four seasons.
128. Rhys Hoskins | 1B | Phillies | 1B9
Patient slugger could rebound from disappointing season.
129. Dinelson Lamet | SP | Padres | SP39
Has breakout potential in first full season since Tommy John surgery.
130. Ken Giles | RP | Blue Jays | RP11
Trade candidate could eventually end up in setup role.
131. Héctor Neris | RP | Phillies | RP12
Could continue to close for team with playoff hopes.
132. Frankie Montas | SP | Athletics | SP40
Could take another step forward after suspension-shortened breakout season.
133. Jake Odorizzi | SP | Twins | SP41
Firmly on mixed-league radar after K-rate spike in 2019.
134. Max Fried | SP | Braves | SP42
Young left-hander may still have room to grow.
135. Michael Conforto | OF | Mets | OF30
Powerful outfielder can start in all leagues.
136. Tim Anderson | SS | White Sox | SS13
Power-speed option may be overvalued after .399 BABIP led to batting title.
137. Amed Rosario | SS | Mets | SS14
Young speedster continues to make incremental strides.
138. Miguel Sanó | 3B (1B) | Twins | 3B15
Strikeout-prone slugger has 40-HR potential, but durability concerns linger.
139. Ian Kennedy | RP | Royals | RP14
After successful switch to bullpen, righty should continue to close.
140. Alex Colomé | RP | White Sox | RP15
Righty has proven to be reliable mid-tier closer.
141. Kevin Newman | SS (2B) | Pirates | SS15
Has chance to be 15-HR, 20-SB producer with .300 AVG.
142. Marcell Ozuna | OF | Free Agent | OF31
Slugger worth mid-round pick in mixed leagues.
143. Salvador Perez | C | Royals | C7
Power-hitting catcher set for return from Tommy John surgery.
144. Ramón Laureano | OF | Athletics | OF32
Can start in most leagues after quiet breakout season.
145. Elvis Andrus | SS | Rangers | SS16
Veteran has mixed-league value due to SB production.
146. Matthew Boyd | SP | Tigers | SP43
After notable K-rate spike, HR-prone lefty worth mid-round pick.
147. Mike Minor | SP | Rangers | SP44
Could take step back after first 200-inning season in six years.
148. Marcus Stroman | SP | Mets | SP45
Righty should be consistent starting option in mixed leagues.
149. Luke Weaver | SP | D-backs | SP46
Righty has skills to excel if he can move past 2019 elbow problems.
150. Kyle Schwarber | OF | Cubs | OF33
Lefty slugger does most of his damage vs. righties.
151. Carlos Martínez | RP | Cardinals | RP16
Despite uncertain role, righty worth mid-round pick in 12-team leagues.
152. Craig Kimbrel | RP | Cubs | RP17
With normal Spring Training routine, 31-year-old could return to form.
153. Carson Kelly | C | D-backs | C8
Young catcher could have expanded role in 2020.
154. Max Kepler | OF | Twins | OF34
Outfielder can produce enough to start in 12-team leagues.
155. Andrew Benintendi | OF | Red Sox | OF35
Former top prospect has plate skills to rebound from disappointing season.
156. Raisel Iglesias | RP | Reds | RP18
Despite up-and-down 2019 season, righty should open '20 as closer.
157. Jesus Luzardo | RP | Athletics | RP19
Top prospect could open 2020 with rotation spot.
158. Justin Turner | 3B | Dodgers | 3B16
Veteran could provide .300 AVG with 20-plus homers.
159. David Price | SP | Red Sox | SP47
Former ace still draft-worthy in most leagues.
160. Zac Gallen | SP | D-backs | SP48
After excellent rookie season, righty has notable upside.
161. Julio Urías | RP (SP) | Dodgers | RP20
High-upside lefty merits mid-round pick.
162. Yuli Gurriel | 1B (3B) | Astros | 1B10
Strong contact hitter likely to regress in power department.
163. Andrew McCutchen | OF | Phillies | OF36
Don't overlook former fantasy stud in middle rounds.
164. Mallex Smith | OF | Mariners | OF37
Remains on mixed-league radar due to 50-steal potential.
165. Byron Buxton | OF | Twins | OF38
Injury-prone speedster still has notable fantasy upside.
166. Brandon Workman | RP | Red Sox | RP21
After surprising breakout, righty could hold onto closer's role.
167. Christian Vazquez | C (1B) | Red Sox | C9
Despite likely regression, 29-year-old is top 10 option at weak position.
168. Kenta Maeda | SP (RP) | Dodgers | SP49
With starting role, righty worth mid-round pick in mixed leagues.
169. German Márquez | SP | Rockies | SP50
Talented righty has skills to excel, but challenging home park limits value.
170. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. | OF (2B) | Blue Jays | OF39
If healthy, 26-year-old has tools to provide notable fantasy value.
171. Gavin Lux | 2B | Dodgers | 2B10
Prospect could quickly become quality fantasy option at shallow position.
172. Kyle Tucker | OF | Astros | OF40
If given regular role, youngster would have massive fantasy potential.
173. Edwin Encarnación | 1B | Free Agent | 1B11
With regular role, veteran can be penciled in for 30-plus homers.
174. Khris Davis | DH | Athletics | DH2
After playing through injuries in 2019, slugger has rebound potential.
175. Shohei Ohtani | SP | Angels | SP51
Two-way star could post strong ratios in return to mound.
176. Will Smith | RP | Braves | RP13
Lefty could work his way into closer's role with new team.
177. Seth Lugo | RP | Mets | RP22
Right-hander merits mid-round pick despite uncertain role.
178. Mike Foltynewicz | SP | Braves | SP52
After strong finish, rebound candidate worth mid-round pick.
179. Hansel Robles | RP | Angels | RP23
Righty could remain in closer's role after impressive 2019 season.
180. Adam Eaton | OF | Nationals | OF41
Multi-category contributor remains useful in most leagues.
181. Wilson Ramos | C | Mets | C10
Veteran remains top 10 option at fantasy's weakest position.
182. Edwin Díaz | RP | Mets | RP24
After disappointing season, righty could get another chance to close.
183. Sean Doolittle | RP | Nationals | RP25
Injury-prone lefty could regain closer's role.
184. Omar Narváez | C | Mariners | C11
Solid hitter should see regular playing time.
185. Domingo Germán | SP | Yankees | SP53
Potential suspension dampens fantasy appeal.
186. Shin-Soo Choo | OF | Rangers | OF42
Can hit 20-plus HR, reach base often and chip in some steals.
187. Nick Senzel | OF | Reds | OF43
Youngster has 20/20 potential in sophomore season.
188. Kolten Wong | 2B | Cardinals | 2B11
After 24-SB season, 29-year-old has mixed-league appeal.
189. Tommy Edman | 3B (2B, OF) | Cardinals | 3B17
Even with uncertain role, versatile speedster is intriguing fantasy option.
190. Chris Archer | SP | Pirates | SP54
Veteran righty has rebound potential after disappointing season.
191. Ryan Braun | OF | Brewers | OF44
Amid nagging injuries, veteran can still supply 20-plus HR, 10-plus SB.
192. Sean Manaea | SP | Athletics | SP55
Now healthy, left-hander merits selection in 12-team leagues.
193. José Leclerc | RP | Rangers | RP26
Right-hander could get another chance to run with closer's role.
194. Franmil Reyes | OF | Indians | OF45
With everyday role, slugger could make run at 40 homers.
195. Jon Gray | SP | Rockies | SP56
Hard-throwing righty's draft stock curbed by injury history, home park.
196. Keone Kela | RP | Pirates | RP27
Right-hander positioned to handle closer's role.
197. Masahiro Tanaka | SP | Yankees | SP57
Drop in K rate hurts 31-year-old's fantasy stock.
198. Hunter Dozier | 3B (OF) | Royals | 3B18
Could sustain production after breakout season.
199. Joc Pederson | OF (1B) | Dodgers | OF46
Slugger's ceiling capped by platoon role.
200. Aristides Aquino | OF | Reds | OF47
Slugger still has much to prove after poor finish.
Thomas Harrigan is a reporter for MLB.com.