Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, July 30:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
- The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 11,895.
- 29 of these 11,895 samples, which is 0.2%, have been new positives.
- 20 positives were players and 9 were staff members.
- 21 of the 29 positives were from a single MLB Club; the remaining 29 Clubs had 8 positives (2 Major League players, 1 Alternate Site player, and 5 staff).
- The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 40,783.
- 58 of these 40,783 samples, which is 0.1%, have been new positives.
- 42 of the 58 positives have been players and 16 have been staff members.
- 19 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.
ALL TESTING TO DATE
Combining the totals of previously completed Intake Screening and ongoing Monitoring Testing, the results are as follows:
- The total number of new positive tests is 128, which is 0.3% of the 44,535 samples since the beginning of Intake Screening on June 27.
- Among the 128 positives, 104 have been players and 24 have been staff members.
- 28 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive in Intake Screening or during Monitoring Testing.