Amid the Cyber Monday rush, the most-demanded items by Major League Baseball fans in this ongoing 30-percent-off sitewide sale at MLBshop.com -- based on a mid-afternoon real-time check -- starts with Aaron Judge's home jersey at No. 1 (youth version at No. 3, road at No. 17, replica at No.
Amid the Cyber Monday rush, the most-demanded items by Major League Baseball fans in this ongoing 30-percent-off sitewide sale at MLBshop.com -- based on a mid-afternoon real-time check -- starts with Aaron Judge's home jersey at No. 1 (youth version at No. 3, road at No. 17, replica at No. 22 and women's at No. 23), and then six Astros World Series champions items and two Cubs 2016 title goodies all comprising the top 10.
Here are 10 tips to get the most out of this extended Cyber Monday opportunity:
1. New BP Caps: Right before the Thanksgiving break, MLB and New Era announced the first new on-field batting-practice cap collection in five years. So this is the obvious time to go to mlbshop.com/BP_Collection and order that new PROLIGHT 59FIFTY model that all players will be wearing during 2018 Spring Training games and during BP starting on Opening Day. They are the most lightweight on-field caps ever, with unique style and colors.
2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The latest installment hits theaters on Dec. 15, and the Shop is ready for it with your team's Empire gear. These are among many unforgettable items in the Cyber Monday sale. Just make sure that special someone likes the Empire.
3. Superstars: Go straight to mlbshop.com/MVP_All_Star to find the good stuff celebrating the biggest names in MLB today. You can start with that Aaron Judge jersey that topped all others in mlbshop.com sales after the All-Star break.
4. Houston World Series champions gear: If you're an Astros fan, you #EarnedIt. The rewards are many, starting with the official cap and T-shirt worn by celebrating players after Game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Get the navy pullover hoodie and you save about 20 bucks off the normal $64.99 price.
5. Ugly sweaters: It's that time of year again, and you don't want to be stuck at a holiday party without your team's special look for the occasion. That Red Sox Wordmark Ugly Sweater, for example, is $64.99 retail, so take 30 percent off and it will be just $45.49 and a great conversation starter.
6. Women's wear: This category grows every year, and the choices are endless with huge savings opportunities. Consider such looks as a 5th & Ocean Slub Henry T-shirt; a Fanatics-branded distressed team speckled hoodie; a plus-size V-neck T-shirt from Soft as a Grape; an accessory like a handbag, bracelet or scarf; or Antigua jacket. Go to mlbshop.com/women.
7. Tech Gifts. With 40 percent of digital sales on Thanksgiving and Black Friday happening over mobile phones, it is easy to picture someone using that new iPhone to open the MLB.com At Bat app and shop right there for a new MLB team case. You can also get great ideas on a charger, power bank, USB drive, wireless mouse, earphones and more.
8. Bobbleheads: You can never go wrong with this gift. Take a look at Yoenis Cespedes on a horse, Mike Trout pulling a wagon and Nolan Arenado going deep.
9. Stocking stuffers: Got a stocking? You wouldn't believe all the baseball things you can fit inside it. Like a new watch, a fidget spinner, a frosted pint glass or an official baseball to collect signatures next season.
10. Sleep set: A lot of people are ordering Cyber Monday stuff in their PJs, so this is a good time to grab the new sets in both men's and women's styles from Concepts Sport. It's what people do this time of year.
Need more help? See the Official Gift Guide and dominate this big day.
Mark Newman is enterprise editor of MLB.com, a baseball writer since 1990, and the MLB.com Gift Guru before "Cyber Monday" was invented. Follow him on Twitter @Marathoner.