The Marlins on Wednesday announced new health and safety measures for the 2021 regular season and Marlins Park events, while information regarding the sale of single-game tickets will be announced in the near future. The expectation is that the tickets, which will be limited in quantity, will go on sale next week.
Below are the health and safety actions put into place:
1) Cleaning measures
• The Marlins recently enrolled in the WELL Health-Safety Rating, seeking to become the second Major League ballpark to be awarded the distinction.
• The Marlins partnered with RB, the makers of Lysol, to enhance the existing disinfection and cleaning measures at the ballpark for the safety of the players, staff and fans in attendance. Frequently touched surfaces and objects will be regular disinfected, and hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout Marlins Park.
2) Free-flow parking
• To ease fans' arrival, there will be contactless, mobile payment at all Marlins Park parking garages, thanks to a partnership between the Marlins and Miami Parking Authority.
3) Frictionless entry
• Tickets will be digital and accessed by guests on the MLB Ballpark App.
• Guests will be given a time and gate location to enter the ballpark, which will be listed on each game ticket, that they are encouraged to adhere to.
• Bags will not be permitted inside Marlins Park unless for medical or infant purposes; bags are subject to inspection.
• Personal food items will not be permitted inside Marlins Park unless for specific dietary restrictions.
4) Food and beverage experience
• Select locations inside Marlins Park will sell food and beverage, and fans will have the option to avoid waiting in line with mobile order for pickup.
• All items will be individually packaged, and food and beverage should be consumed at the fans' assigned seats.
5) Mandatory face coverings
• All guests age 2 and older will be required to wear face coverings inside Marlins Park, and they can only be momentarily removed when actively consuming food and beverage from ticketed seats.
6) Social distancing
• Signage, floor markers and other communications will remind guests to remain physically distanced at a minimum of six feet.
• The seating bowl has been configured to provide proper distancing between ticketed groups; fans will be asked to maintain pod integrity throughout the game.
7) Electronic payment preferred
• Debit and credit cards, Apple Pay, etc., are encouraged at all concession and retail locations.
Fans can visit Marlins.com/2021Season for full details on the health and safety measures as well as the latest news and updates on the 2021 season.